Oral minoxidil great results what you think

Malomun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been having 2.5mg oral min for about 3 months now it worked GREAT! ZERO side affects I would recommend any diffuse thinner like me to get it I have never had such thick hair since I begun balding

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect we'd have a lot more success stories with oral min if people used 1.25-2.5 mg oral min and waited longer for results. 5 mg and above has caused myself, and many others, side effects that result in discontinuation.
I'm using 1.25 mg/day after trying higher doses that had unacceptable side effects.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect we'd have a lot more success stories with oral min if people used 1.25-2.5 mg oral min and waited longer for results. 5 mg and above has caused myself, and many others, side effects that result in discontinuation.
I'm using 1.25 mg/day after trying higher doses that had unacceptable side effects.
How long have you been on each dose?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months at 5 -7.5 mg, two different times, then 3 months at 2.5 mg with spironolactone, which also disrupts collagen synthesis. Now 2.5 months with 1.25 mg.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched to oral from topical about a year ago but I can't say what it's doing to my hair since I also added finasteride (now duta) at that time.
However there is definitely a substantial increase in body hair length & amount, beard & eyebrows so I know it's doing something.
I take ~5mg twice daily, drinking 3 drops from the topical solution.

theblitz6794

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched to oral from topical about a year ago but I can't say what it's doing to my hair since I also added finasteride (now duta) at that time.
However there is definitely a substantial increase in body hair length & amount, beard & eyebrows so I know it's doing something.
I take ~5mg twice daily, drinking 3 drops from the topical solution.
You /drink/ it? What a madman

Also how is 3 drops 5mg? That seems like very little liquid

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You /drink/ it? What a madman

Also how is 3 drops 5mg? That seems like very little liquid
1ml which is 50mg is about 30-35 drops so 3 drops are ~5mg. Obviously it isn't as accurate as capsules and some of it is perhaps destroyed before it is broken down, but the effects are undeniable so that dosage works. I would say the amount absorbed in a day is between 5-10mg.
Drinking is alright lol. Its like drinking ethanol, a natural alcohol, I guess!?
Correct. The solution consists of ethanol, PG (an edible preservative) and minoxidil.

bulli103

Reaction score
drinking it isn't a problem....only if it works that good as the tablets do...that's the question...
i was also thinking to drink it in the future, but a doctor told me that he think's it will not work as good as the tablets do (i take tablets, first 5mg now 10 mg/day since about 20 years without sides/only positive results..better than topical)......
somebody knows about....with drinking the lotion we get the same good results as taking the tablets ??............

Funeemonky66

My Regimen
Reaction score
drinking it isn't a problem....only if it works that good as the tablets do...that's the question...
i was also thinking to drink it in the future, but a doctor told me that he think's it will not work as good as the tablets do (i take tablets, first 5mg now 10 mg/day since about 20 years without sides/only positive results..better than topical)......
somebody knows about....with drinking the lotion we get the same good results as taking the tablets ??............
I drink 1ml for 50mg a day because im sure most of it is destroyed in the stomach in liquid form. Havent gotten side effects (besides the time i tried 100mg i had lots of swelling in my face and feet)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are drinking it then some of it may get absorbed sublingually and bypass the liver compared to pills.

bulli103

Reaction score
i asked a guy in a german hairloss forum (i'm also a german guy) who knows about, i think more than all of us ...?... (i asked also a doctor of mine before, he told me that he think, drinking the lotion would not be the same as taking the tablets)....the guy in the forum answered me, that it doesn't matter taking 5 mg tablet or 0,1 ml (also 5mg ) of the lotion, acid is already in the minoxidil bottle, the stomach doesn't destroy more of the minoxidil.....5 mg tablet or 0,1 ml lotion oral (1 ml lotion mixed with 9 ml vodka....taking 1 ml each day) will have the same effect....
he told me that he think's my doctor also would tell me for example, that it is possible if i put a pill in half, that one side of the tablet could have more active ingredients than the other halve of it..........not all can believed because they simply don't know about.....only will tell you...
i belive the guy.....when i run out of tablets the next time i will drink the lotion......

bulli103

Reaction score
they also did tests on the botteled minoxidil.....years after the best before dates, it still was to 100 % active/working....

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Do you take oral minoxidil since 20 Years?
Can you share your experience? You dont have any sides? And what about your hair results?
Thanks!

bulli103

Reaction score
5 mg/10 mg are low doses, my blood pressure is/was always the same, i also never had other sides....the tablets work better than the lotion, trying the lotion, i got sheeding that even after 6 months didn't stopped.....after a few years on finasteride/minoxidil tablets my hairloss start again, but i always keept my status, the hairs always grow back......i added now cb on my regime and loose 50 % less (ru never helped me much...)...i'm 55 years old, same time i started minoxidil i had a small hair transplant procedure.....when i take a hair cut, nobody in the shop thinks that i have a hairloss problem...in my family they all was bald in the age of 30, my hairloss started with 18, i went to the dermatologist, after testing, he told me i will also be bald with 30.....so i think the pills are working.....