Oral Minoxidil - Anyone Have Any Thoughts On This?

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It ended..who knows it could have been caused when I switched back to topical. Anyway the topical does basically nothing for me in terms of regrowth ..maybe maintenance I dunno.
You switched back to topical?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. But as soon as I've resolved my other issues and am convinced it's ok I'd go back to oral in a heartbeat. It works wonders.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. But as soon as I've resolved my other issues and am convinced it's ok I'd go back to oral in a heartbeat. It works wonders.

Gotcha. I do hope you’re right! The oral minoxidil induced shed is just real scary.
Thanks so much for sharing.

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how loniten work? what is the mechanisim??

I want to create a condition that loniten will help to regrow hair and after stopping use the hair will not fall.

Is it possible to play with the dosages in order to maintain this condition while decreasing the doses until complete cessation?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how loniten work? what is the mechanisim??

I want to create a condition that loniten will help to regrow hair and after stopping use the hair will not fall.

Is it possible to play with the dosages in order to maintain this condition while decreasing the doses until complete cessation?

Unfortunately not. All hair loss treatments require taking them indefinitely (if you want to maintain any received effectiveness).

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 minimum

Thanks for the answer!

If 2,5mg is the minimum the ideal would be...?

I’m asking this because I just bought 100 caps of Minoxidil each one with 2,5mg. But I’m a bit lost... Don’t know how many I should take daily. Two? (one in the morning other at night?)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!

I’m asking this because I just bought 100 caps of Minoxidil each one with 2,5mg. But I’m a bit lost... Don’t know how many I should take daily. Two? (one in the morning other at night?)

I think you should be fine with dosing once a day, just take it before bed.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have been taking 5mg of loniten before bed and have noticed no side effects like puffy face which i got on minoxidil foam and dermarolling, i guess if i am getting a puffy face it's gone by morning...is it possible more was going systematic with foam or something? im pretty surprised and hopeful. Popping a pill is much easier, plus the results are supposed to be better with oral . My heart rate and blood pressure are normal too.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have been taking 5mg of loniten before bed and have noticed no side effects like puffy face which i got on minoxidil foam and dermarolling, i guess if i am getting a puffy face it's gone by morning...is it possible more was going systematic with foam or something? im pretty surprised and hopeful. Popping a pill is much easier, plus the results are supposed to be better with oral . My heart rate and blood pressure are normal too.

My guess is that with the dermarolling you not only took the minoxidil systemically, but it also had a heavily localized effect on your head/face.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!

Where did you get 2.5 caps?
I can only get 5. Thanks.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get a pill cutter.

2.5 better for me though.

So you’re finding taking a pill easier? Just waiting for some results? I think oral has a lot of potential as long as it’s done correctly.

Dr Davin Lim went to oral min after 25 years of topical use. He put a yt video up on it.

Seems to be being used a lot in us and oz. The U.K. is pretty far behind with just the one nhs study ongoing.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 better for me though.

So you’re finding taking a pill easier? Just waiting for some results? I think oral has a lot of potential as long as it’s done correctly.

Dr Davin Lim went to oral min after 25 years of topical use. He put a yt video up on it.

Seems to be being used a lot in us and oz. The U.K. is pretty far behind with just the one nhs study ongoing.

You can get 5mg pills here https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product/loxidil-minoxidil-5-mg-100-tablets/ just cut them in half and you should be good. From what i have read of the studies between 2.5mg and 5mg was detected in urine of people applying topical minoxidil to the whole of the scalp, which is good for me because apart from my crown im now diffusing over the top of my head after 7/8 months on finasteride, im going to give it 12 months before thinking about dutasteride. I will give oral minoxidil 6 months, but from what i have heard the oral results are far superior to topical, just make sure your heart rate and blood pressure are fine.