Orael Minoxidil Once Or Twice A Day

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be getting oral minoxidil in a few days, i know the half life is shorter than that of topical. I only plan on using 2.5mg, should i divide that dosage to roughly 1.25mg in morning and night or just take 2.5mg once a day?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use 5mg twice a day but stopped 2x a day due to mild facial bloating and dark circles during the day. Now im on 10mg once at night and don't get the facial sides at all.( since I'm sleeping throughout the night )
I do think twice a day is probably more effective and since you are using a small dose I think it would be a good idea to use it twice daily :)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well to update, i started on Sunday i think, 5mg once at night. No sides reported. I read the UK NHS recommend just once a day dosing so im going with that rather than twice a day. Then again they also say results can be seen with dosages as low as 0.6mg, but im sticking with 5mg.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a couple days in with oral min (actually taking Rogaine via volumetric dosing). The few studies that I’ve read use once a day treatment. Perhaps a higher concentration of min at the follicle could be more stimulating that longer duration stimulation at a lower concentration. But, Andy’s point about half life and bid dosing is a good one. I will continue with a single dose and report back.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a couple days in with oral min (actually taking Rogaine via volumetric dosing). The few studies that I’ve read use once a day treatment. Perhaps a higher concentration of min at the follicle could be more stimulating that longer duration stimulation at a lower concentration. But, Andy’s point about half life and bid dosing is a good one. I will continue with a single dose and report back.

Please do keep us updated.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't have recent photos, but this is my hair(wet) in January, it's gotten worse while on just finasteride, i stopped topical minoxidil in april https://i.imgur.com/MRer1Ss.jpg I will use this thread to update on how well i get on with oral minoxodil. Lots of loss on the crown and diffuse thinning on top which is just recent, don't know if my male pattern baldness is too aggressive for just finasteride but i will give it until February.