Opinions From The Board At 23 Years Old

badcat40

Reaction score
I'm currently 23 1/2 years old, been taking finasteride for about 6 months now and using Rogaine foam for about 3. My father was pretty much totally bald by 25. Pretty much the same story with his Dad as well. I was shedding really bad before I started finasteride but now it seems to have somewhat slowed down. I'm noticing a lot of super thin hairs growing all over my head, like on top of bigger ones. Is this showing that finasteride is working? Like these hairs will fall out and will grow back thicker?

I wish I had some good photos from before but sadly I do not. Generally just want to know what the board thinks of how my hair looks at this stage, considering my father was bald at 25 and the same with my grandfather. Any tips? I will follow up with more pictures in 3 months, then 6. Thanks!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 284

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would go for a shorter hair cut. That length shows that thinning look ppl get when balding. #2 back and sides and bit of hair clay to texture top and style up. Shorter hair nicer to apply treatments too aswell!

badcat40

Reaction score
I would go for a shorter hair cut. That length shows that thinning look ppl get when balding. #2 back and sides and bit of hair clay to texture top and style up. Shorter hair nicer to apply treatments too aswell!
Thanks! I usually have it shorter but have been so lazy to get a haircut lately.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep on top of your treatments and id say you can keep your hair for a good while yet. Consistency is key

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I'm currently 23 1/2 years old, been taking finasteride for about 6 months now and using Rogaine foam for about 3. My father was pretty much totally bald by 25. Pretty much the same story with his Dad as well. I was shedding really bad before I started finasteride but now it seems to have somewhat slowed down. I'm noticing a lot of super thin hairs growing all over my head, like on top of bigger ones. Is this showing that finasteride is working? Like these hairs will fall out and will grow back thicker?

I wish I had some good photos from before but sadly I do not. Generally just want to know what the board thinks of how my hair looks at this stage, considering my father was bald at 25 and the same with my grandfather. Any tips? I will follow up with more pictures in 3 months, then 6. Thanks!
Need to pull the bangs back to expose the hairline so we can see what your working with.

Snipits

My Regimen
Reaction score
So similar to my hair line/type , age and genetics. I'm glad to hear you are seeing some results, it gives me hope. I'll be following this!

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol @ beard compensation attempt

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We can´t rate your progress if you don´t have before pics. Though from what you are telling us it sounds like Finasteride and the Foam are working and I am pretty sure you are not gonna be totally bald at 25.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if you could comb everything straight back and take another pic, it would be more helpful. What is the hair history on Mom's side?

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like you have enough to potentially show great success..I agree with the other poster that you should go shorter..Longer hair often just exposes your problem...Oftentimes, people go longer unwilling to show some of the thinning in the front...However, it still shows just differently...I feel like it just looks overall better even if your hairline shifts back a bit...Its a real hairline as opposed to a covered up one..Also, I concur with the other poster that you should be in far better shape than your father by 25..