opinions about my new haircut?

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i'm a long timer in this forum, noticed receding hairline when i was 20 and i fighting it since then (i'm almost 26)
here are some new photos from today, i would like to hear your opinions (this haircut make me look receding) and where exactly you think i am in the norwood scale?
my treatment is the big three + the scalp roller which i think helping me alot and makes minoxidil alot more effective
all the photos are with flash!
18062010473.jpg

18062010470.jpg

18062010471.jpg

18062010472.jpg

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Avi,

Hair is looking real good!!! You can see the improvment from your old pics which i've just found on one of your old threads,

http://i30.tinypic.com/c3xah.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/fdh6j8.jpg

I remember chatting with you about the derma roller a while back, but I can't find the thread in your old posts, but did find the above photos.

I purchased a derma roller about three weeks ago, do you mind telling me again about how you use it, where, how many times a week, and how long the needles are etc...?

Thanks

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Hey Avi,

Hair is looking real good!!! You can see the improvment from your old pics which i've just found on one of your old threads,

http://i30.tinypic.com/c3xah.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/fdh6j8.jpg

I remember chatting with you about the derma roller a while back, but I can't find the thread in your old posts, but did find the above photos.

I purchased a derma roller about three weeks ago, do you mind telling me again about how you use it, where, how many times a week, and how long the needles are etc...?

Thanks
thanks mate, it's hard to compare because hair is not in the same length in the above pictures.
after i post those pictures i bought a derma roller 0.5mm i use it every night i roll it all over the head speacilly on hairline for 5 minutes and then apply 5% kirkland minoxidil. i think minoxidil is nothing without the roller "i swear by it" this is my secret weapon and i want to share it with you.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Impressive! I'd say you're a Norwood 1.5. I might have to try one of those rollers.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood 1.5?! wow.. thanks

i would say a clasic Norwood 2.

try the roller i'm sure you will thank me later.
i recommand all of you to try
it's very cheap from ebay

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:
Norwood 1.5?! wow.. thanks

i would say a clasic Norwood 2.

try the roller i'm sure you will thank me later.
i recommand all of you to try
it's very cheap from ebay

Could you point me to one on ebay? How ofter do you use it?

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
just type in the search field 'derma roller' you will be amazed with the results, it's shouldn't cost more then 10 dollars
i use it every night before minoxidil application.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:
just type in the search field 'derma roller' you will be amazed with the results, it's shouldn't cost more then 10 dollars
i use it every night before minoxidil application.

Nice. I will get one. Im just wondering which one to get, since they all have different measurements in mm.

I guess this one says its for hair loss:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Derma-Hair-Loss ... 765wt_1137

By the way your hair looks really thick.

CicFiric

Reaction score
Hello!

I am real newbie here and I am using minoxidil and spironolactone for 3 months. I am not so happy with a current result but I hope that some changes will appear. Okay some hair appear nearby my hairline and some really thin and smal on my temples. I hope that they will grow and become stronger. Okay back to your story and pics. You have really strong and healty hair especially when I compare it with your older pics... Congrat! I hope that this is not silly question your hairline and haircut looks really cool... how do you explain the hair dresser that they make a haircut like you have? Is it buzzed or what? I really like the lines...and yea I will try also the roller...does anybody have experience with some special mark of roller or is just okay to buy "one" from ebay?

Best

A.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
GK - that's the same roller i'm using. :punk:

antonyo - thanks for the complimants dude, i'm buzzing my hair by myself.
i hate all the barbers and hair designers so i decied to try it myself.
i had few f$%kups here and there, but i improve from my mistakes everytime

and it's saves money! :woot:

:hump:

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:
GK - that's the same roller i'm using. :punk:

antonyo - thanks for the complimants dude, i'm buzzing my hair by myself.
i hate all the barbers and hair designers so i decied to try it myself.
i had few f$%kups here and there, but i improve from my mistakes everytime

and it's saves money! :woot:

:hump:

OK well I ordered some roller. I also wanna try it out on my face so I ordered a .3mm one.

Just curious avi...I was reading that needling and minoxidil can be dangerous, have you experienced any sides? I think that with .5mm it should be ok because it does not pierce too low.

Any thoughts?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you clean the dermroller?

Do you have to clean it after every use?

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice any side effect from the roller

and to tell you the truth i can't remember the last time i cleaned it.

but it's recommended to clean it at leats once a week in boiling water or vodka :)

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:

but it's recommended to clean it at leats once a week in boiling water or vodka :)

Thanks man cant wait to start needling.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
this may be a stupid question, but what exactly is a derm roller/needling?
Ive never heard of this im very curious.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
flamingpie said:
this may be a stupid question, but what exactly is a derm roller/needling?
Ive never heard of this im very curious.

use the search and find the huge thread thoroughly discussing it

ShedMaster

Reaction score
You are NOT LOSING your hair brother. Feel good about yourself and relax. Come back to the forum in 4-5 years :D Peace.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm on the big 3 for 5 years. belive me, i wouldn't do it if i wasn't losing hair.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:

Just got my derma roller from that dude you got yours from on ebay. But I got no instructions with mine at all. How did you find out how to clean it?