opinion please (pics)

bandm

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Well then my guess is just to monitor it for the next six to eight months then. Not everyday, but say the beginning of each month take pictures of the spots that are (or you think are) being affected by thinning. If you notice in the pictures it developing worse or staying the same then I wouldn't worry too much about it but still always keep an eye on it. It is good to know though you have realistic expectations about your hair not looking as awesome as you get older than expectating it to look like Brad Pitt at age 45
Thank you.
And about that t-gel shampoo, is it better than nizoral? Is it a weak DHT blocker too like nizoral? Has ketoconazol like nizoral?

Obsidian

Reaction score
That doesn't block DHT at all. The only thing that slows down the production of DHT is finasteride and dusateride. T-Gel helps though with the inflammation of the scalp or if you suffer from Seborrhoeic dermatitis. This is what it is

http://www.amazon.com/DHS-TAR-GEL-Shampoo-oz/dp/B0001EKUWI

I use the storebrand one as I find it cheaper and just as effective.

bandm

Reaction score
Conditioner included right? That's what i saw in a few sites..
So maybe this is the best shampoo for me? For dandruff and scalp inflamattion?
Nizoral really helped me with dandruff. All i need now is something to stop the itchy.
I heard about revita as well, but i don't know if it is better than those two.

G

I have a question about Nizoral if someone could help. For some reason I am getting excess shedding using nizoral, and i use it as directed, every other 3 days. I have no dandruff but i use it for sort of thinning hair and i believe that it has made my hair worse. But the funny thing is the hair shedding only occurs when i'm in the shower and when the nizoral is in my hair, once i'm out and rubbing my head during the day, no hairs actually come out, is this to do with some chemical reaction that nizoral has on my scalp? has anyone else had this happen to them?

bandm

Reaction score
bandm said:
goata007 said:
your scalp looks inflammed...try something that reduces inflammation before going on propecia
I think that my scalp is inflammed for a long time.. I thought that dandruff was the problem, because i had a lot of dandruff and itchy, and i thought that that turned my scalp a little red.
After i start using nizoral twice a week the dandruff disappeared, but the itchy and the redness continues. And the hair that falls from my head comes with something, like the root or some other foliccule (it's green/yellow). And when i start scrathing my scalp, i can take off more of that with my nails
Can this be the problem for my thinning or hair loss?

Ruthlessx

Reaction score
Bandm, just go to the doctors and get tests done. If it's concerning you that much, like it is with my own.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Those pics look like they are taken with flash, which can make a full head of hair look like it's thinning. It's better if you get some photos with good lighting (daylight is best, I think), but no flash.

bandm

Reaction score
Norsk said:
Those pics look like they are taken with flash, which can make a full head of hair look like it's thinning. It's better if you get some photos with good lighting (daylight is best, I think), but no flash.
Yes, they were taken with flash. What do you think though?

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't conclude anything from those pics, but in the first set of pics your crown looked a bit thin.

Britannia

Reaction score
OK so youve got mild crown thinning, although the cosmetic impact is minimal at this time. Im pretty confident a DECENT thickening shampoo will completely hide what little thinning you have, but be aware this is merely a cover up of the underlying issue (i.e. male pattern baldness). Good news is Propecia is most effective in this area of the head. I suggest continue with Nizoral 2% twice a week plus a good quality moisturising conditioner. On other days use a good thickening shampoo. When you feel you need to take things further, start 1mg Finasteride (Propecia or Finpecia).