Only Propecia results?

Reaction score
Anyone? I dont have money to have all big 3 or have Propecia with Rogaine. I can offer only Propecia. Anyone had good results with Propecia?
My hair is thinning. Im 21 year old guy, now i been used Propecia 1.5month but no results. Anyone else?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Most people that have had good regrowth are on propecia(finasteride).

Reaction score
But all thread images i can see only "Rogaine and Propecia" "All big 3"
Never seen Propecia alone.
If Propecia works, why sometimes it takes a whole year before you can see some regrowth? and some people say it´s just with few months. If Propecia blocks DHT, then new hair should start growing right the way.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way for everybody. Some will see immediate results, while others might have to wait over a year. It sucks but for the majority the hair regrowth process is painfully slow.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can only get one then propecia is the right choice. It should prevent any further loss and should cause some regrowth. Prevention comes first.

Reaction score
Im greatful if this stops my hairloss, but i really hope some hair regrowth. My hair was very thin when i was about 16 year old and now its a lot more thinner. When i was 10, i had Justin Bieber hair, now it´s like very thin and can see thro hair.

Also i seen that many people had massive hair loss(lost most hair) and they regrowth hair back. I really hope it happens with my hair too. I hate my thin hair. Always when there is some wind, then my hair goes all up and it looks bad.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride can take ages to work and can get better and better. A 10 year study showed it maintained or regrew hair in over 80% of the people.

minoxidil tends to give quicker results for regrowth but then fades away.

Obviously have to take in to account individual variances.

randomusername

Reaction score
Let me thread hijack a little... I'm curious if anybody has ever heard of someone taking finasteride + minoxidil, waiting for new hairs to mature, and then getting off of minoxidil and successfully maintaining the minoxidil regrowth with just finasteride. If the new hairs have matured like regular ones would it be semi-logical to think that finasteride may help keep DHT away as well now that they're fully matured, even though they came from minoxidil. I'm sure I could've worded that a lot better but I'm very tired right now, hope it makes sense.

I'd also recommend getting on finasteride if that's your only choice.

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me thread hijack a little... I'm curious if anybody has ever heard of someone taking finasteride + minoxidil, waiting for new hairs to mature, and then getting off of minoxidil and successfully maintaining the minoxidil regrowth with just finasteride. If the new hairs have matured like regular ones would it be semi-logical to think that finasteride may help keep DHT away as well now that they're fully matured, even though they came from minoxidil. I'm sure I could've worded that a lot better but I'm very tired right now, hope it makes sense.

Makes sense what you're saying. I've also wonder about that but apparently it wont work like that because min makes hair grow for different reasons to finasteride. Which sucks because it means you'll be stuck on min for life.

Maybe someone can elaborate on this?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil grows hair via opening potassium channels, so it's not the same thing. Yes you are stuck on it forever, even if a new treatment comes out. As this minoxidil hair can only grow with minoxidil. A bit different to rest of your hair.

I am curious about lasercomb in this respect too. But since I have no regrowth not worried yet!

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone? I dont have money to have all big 3 or have Propecia with Rogaine. I can offer only Propecia. Anyone had good results with Propecia?
My hair is thinning. Im 21 year old guy, now i been used Propecia 1.5month but no results. Anyone else?

Are you buying brand name propecia? Do you know you should buy proscar instead and quarter it??.. this way you get the exact same med for a fraction of the price.

It would leave you plenty of cash to buy minoxidil too, but at this stage the propecia/finasteride is probably all you need

gnate12

Reaction score
Are you buying brand name propecia? Do you know you should buy proscar instead and quarter it??.. this way you get the exact same med for a fraction of the price.

It would leave you plenty of cash to buy minoxidil too, but at this stage the propecia/finasteride is probably all you need

You don't need to go the proscar route anymore. Generic 1mg finasteride is available for $25/90 pills at Costco.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most results are minoxidil + finasteride. But that's cause inpatient can't wait around to learn the individual effects. Start on finasteride, if its not enough then add minoxidil

- - - Updated - - -

'scuse the stupid spelling. They aren't drug addicts or anything

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't need to go the proscar route anymore. Generic 1mg finasteride is available for $25/90 pills at Costco.

Yeah I know maybe you can get generic 1mg but here in spain its still much cheaper to buy proscar .. I can get 30, 5mg pills for 9 euros and it will last me 4 months.

Im sure it makes no difference but I also feel happier buying merck finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just trying to point out to the op that buying branded propecia is not necessary

Reaction score

But i scare that proscar not helping or working at all. I need to see if propecia working or not first.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar is the exact same medication, just in 5mg instead of 1mg there really is no need to buy propecia