Online Dating

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the things that bothers me most is the amount of women who online dating sites specifically state that they 'dislike' baldness. Or say they're 'not into baldies'. I SO hope that these women's future partners go bald and the guys have the strength to leave them and not the other way around.

In the last few minutes, I've come across three such accounts already. Women really are c*nts.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Most women on a half-decent online dating site are looking for a handsome prince, even when they are not all that themselves. It's a meat market,no place for bald or balding men. It really is down to aesthetic beauty on these sites and even if you can put up a super flattering photo it will fall flat when you meet that woman when she sees what your hair really looks like. That's not to say you won't feel the same about her. Better off meeting someone in a natural, social setting where they get to know you as a person.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
balding or not, avoid dating sites like *fire* .. eventually all the sh*t pours in to those sites... normal women dont go there, you should try to socialize and get out more.... this is the only way for meeting non-fucked-up-in-the-head women...my 2c's :]

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
balding or not, avoid dating sites like *fire* .. eventually all the sh*t pours in to those sites... normal women dont go there, you should try to socialize and get out more.... this is the only way for meeting non-f***ed-up-in-the-head women...my 2c's :]

Meeting women seems a lot harder these days. My job is unsociable and meeting drunk girls in bars and clubs isn't all that appealing. any tips?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just naming some places i met girls (not ended together all the time but here goes) Grocery stores, concerts, promenades (hope im saying it right), the beach, pharmacies, malls, coffee shops, local bars (not a mega bar swhere all the w****s go) via friends of friends, work, collage... anywhere..
the problem is not *where* but *how* and the solution...... : have balls... BIG HUGE BALLS! :p ha... just talk with people... be nice, youll get rejected like crazy, but you also get rejected like crazy on a dating sites, only difference is in virtuall sites you pay good money for sh*t girls, while in real life its free and you get the normal ones (and what you see is what you get right off the bat)....

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i watch this cannle from time to time.....

[youtube:1myljlnu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OhW83s3S6w&feature=plcp[/youtube:1myljlnu]

they also get rejected on a regular basis....

[youtube:1myljlnu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zro7DHqzvUc&feature=plcp[/youtube:1myljlnu]

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
gh05 said:
. My job is unsociable and meeting drunk girls in bars and clubs isn't all that appealing. any tips?

Same boat. Plus in college, I was in engineering, 10 girls for 300 boys :whistle:

A girl mentioned on another forum that women look for beauty in online dating because there is nothing else to base their judgement on.
In day to day life however, its different.

A tip from another place was to work/hang out in places where there are lots of women who are forced to interact with you.

B

Beingbaldsucks

From what I sew dominant bald males able to get womans, but they need alot of confidence,a killer body and most of them are 1.80+, the best counter to baldness is height, and I'm 1.72 :(

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
But it's just an innocent preference, like choosing blue eyes over brown..... or is it?

What say you OP?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
But it's just an innocent preference, like choosing blue eyes over brown..... or is it?

What say you OP?

I REALLY struggle to see it like that when you get so many women stating it on these sites. I mean blatantly stating it "don't contact me if you're a baldie", "dislikes baldness" etc etc.

If i were in a relationship which I believe you are then maybe i would see things slightly differently but as a single guy who is going through the process of balding then no I don't see it as just an innocent preference. I don't tbhink i''ve ever seen anyone state 'dont contact me if you have brown eyes' or 'dislikes brown eyes'. I very regularly see it with baldness. Of the ones that don't specifically state it, they imply that hair is a must....'tall, dark (usually meaning hair), handsome (usually meaning hair) etc etc

either way i'm really into the ethics of it...i just call it as i see it, and from my point of view I see most women now completely differently to how i did when I didn't think about losing my hair. Now I see them as very shallow (more so than men even - you never see these blunt disqualifications on guys profiles), easily influenced (by media to find a mainstream type attractive) and generally quite boring mentally actually. I've lost respect for most women. I hope I find even one that surprises me. If only I were gay...life would be a lot f*cking simpler!

slipy

Reaction score
u man was obviously being sarcastic with his remark.

gh05 said:
Now I see them as very shallow (more so than men even - you never see these blunt disqualifications on guys profiles),

agreed, as shallow as some men are, women beat them hands down.

gh05 said:
easily influenced (by media to find a mainstream type attractive) and generally quite boring mentally actually

they can sit around for hours and discuss hair styles or the fashion sense of people on tv shows in a manner that implies that it's most important thing in the world. those idiots.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
slipy said:
they can sit around for hours and discuss hair styles or the fashion sense of people on tv shows in a manner that implies that it's most important thing in the world. those idiots.

As Kelso put it on that that 70s show --- if it werent for their soft skin, and their butts and boobs and *beep*, I wouldnt even bother talking to them.

T

TravisB

if it werent for their soft skin, and their butts and boobs and *beep*, I wouldnt even bother talking to them.

100% true :D. And life of the bald guys would be soo much easier without a lust for women.

What a woman can offer you besides this? Cooking, cleaning? Men are able to deal with everything alone, and generally handle loneliness much much better than women. They don't need any emotional support, or anyone's shoulder to cry on.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
gh05 said:
uncomfortable man said:

What say you OP?

I REALLY struggle to see it like that when you get so many women stating it on these sites. I mean blatantly stating it "don't contact me if you're a baldie", "dislikes baldness" etc etc.

If i were in a relationship which I believe you are then maybe i would see things slightly differently but as a single guy who is going through the process of balding then no I don't see it as just an innocent preference. I don't tbhink i''ve ever seen anyone state 'dont contact me if you have brown eyes' or 'dislikes brown eyes'. I very regularly see it with baldness. Of the ones that don't specifically state it, they imply that hair is a must....'tall, dark (usually meaning hair), handsome (usually meaning hair) etc etc

either way i'm really into the ethics of it...i just call it as i see it, and from my point of view I see most women now completely differently to how i did when I didn't think about losing my hair. Now I see them as very shallow (more so than men even - you never see these blunt disqualifications on guys profiles), easily influenced (by media to find a mainstream type attractive) and generally quite boring mentally actually. I've lost respect for most women. I hope I find even one that surprises me. If only I were gay...life would be a lot f*cking simpler!

Seems kinda unfair that just because of this one naturally occurring trait that is written in our genes and beyond our control, we become targets for such prejudice. It's a real shame, but you have to recognize the situation for what it is instead of deflecting and diluting yourself that working on your game and confidence will somehow turn the tide for these women who have already made up their mind that baldness is disgusting. That's not to say that there are some women out there who will either tolerate it or genuinely not mind but they seem to be far and few between these days. It sucks, it really really does and I feel for anyone who is young and going through this.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Seems kinda unfair that just because of this one naturally occurring trait that is written in our genes and beyond our control, we become targets for such prejudice. It's a real shame, but you have to recognize the situation for what it is instead of deflecting and diluting yourself that working on your game and confidence will somehow turn the tide for these women who have already made up their mind that baldness is disgusting. That's not to say that there are some women out there who will either tolerate it or genuinely not mind but they seem to be far and few between these days. It sucks, it really really does and I feel for anyone who is young and going through this.

It is unfair and it's one of those things that is getting worse all the time due to the media and so on. When i watch old tv i realise that the hot guys women lusted over often had receding hairlines, bald spots and some were even completely bald. Yeah big hair might have been 'in' but it wasn't uncommon to see the 'hot guys' on tv as balding or even as older. Now, it is completely different - almost any model you see must have a NW1 (maybe 2 maximum), the guys in film roles and tv roles that women are supposed to lust over are pretty much all the same...straight hairlines etc. 'Meterosexuals' or whatever BS words they use to describe it. Of course, we here know better than to think that it is always real - they where undetectable wigs, concealer have transplants etc...but this only creates huge social pressure on the young guys who is going through a natural sexual development process. Women are easily influenced by what society is supposed to find attractive...they are pretty dumb if you like in that sense - but they are also by their nature ten times as picky as to who or what type of person they will have sex with. This spells bad news for bald men. Real bad news. I recently went through a forum of younger women (18-25 average age) and searched for the word 'bald'...one thread in particular stood out - the poll question being 'is bald ugly'...every single answer said ''yes its a turn off'. No variation, every single f*****g one. Reading the replies alongside it sent me into serious depression and anger for days: "Going bald is a sin...men - keep you hair!", "I could never be turned on by a bald guy, i like hair too much...hair is sex!", "bald men are sooo ugly, would never give one a second glance" In another thread a guy posted a picture of a very good looking and famous athlete who has a shaved head (not even bald) asking if women found him hot. I was sure that some women would find him hot...absolutely shredded body, good looking face, hairline in tact even - but no, the best response was 'mehh he's ok, nice body but needs hair'.

Women see it as being lazy for shaving your head...not well groomed....dirty, unclean or lazy if you're going bald. "Just go buy some rogaine and take care of it...I want a guy who takes care of himself they'll say".

I genuinely believe that this pressure on a young guy is as bad and actually even worse than the issues which most commonly cause eating disorders in women. But balding guys feel helpless. The options are not good, the medications potentially dangerous - we're being asked to risk our ability to ever get an erection again for the ability to feel like we actually have some appeal to women. I know myself that it amongst other pressures in my life has driven me very close to suicide at times. People might say to me 'oh but your hair loss isn't too bad', but the pain is always there...the panic of how receded it will look in the morning, the question of will I be NW6 like my dad was by the time he was 31-32. He never thought about it too much...but the pressures were different in his day and frankly women weren't quite so damn superficial as to see a balding man as a bit of a sacrifice as long as he is a nice guy. I am what friends who know me would describe as 'a nice guy', always have been - but I also know for a fact that I have a significant amount of testosterone running through my veins (not great for the hair i can tell you)- the mere thought of a woman i'm with 'just settling' for my appearance rather than being genuinely more attractive than the next guy who happens to have 'nice' hair sends me into competitive, jealous, almost aggressive turmoil. That is the feeling that makes me hate a woman.

I don't say any of this as some vain wimp...I never gave a sh*t about my appearance previously preferring instead just to be athletic, fit and strong purely because that was how i wanted to feel. I shaved my head for over a year when I realised it was receding a bit - only to eventually become depressed with the constant comments from women close to me about how i should grow it back because 'all men look better with hair' and some comments far more direct blunt and sometimes just plain hurtful about how it looked on me in particular.

It is a curse but the only thing i can hold onto through this is that I know there is nothing physically wrong with me. Balding is the result of my male hormones, it is natural, a masculine trait. It is not a curse in itself - but the society we live in is pathetic, misguided, shallow and ugly, and the vast majority of women who are so easily influenced are just as much so. I'm not ignorant. i won't deflect the obvious. Sometimes I will question you UCman because I recognise depressive assumptions which are often incorrect (particularly because I do it myself), but I will not deny there is a problem with how society views baldness and I wish that guys would get together and make a bit of a stand against it actually very much in the same way that womens rights groups do to stop size zero being the only thing on the catwalk. We here have probably all seen the stories online of guys who have committed suicide but had their problems go unheard for fear of being judged. Unfortunately the difficulty here is I don't think that men will ever get together and take this sort of stand for fear being laughed at for doing so - because society would judge it as just SO unmasculine to do wouldnt it!? "wtf just get on with it you girl" :jackit:

Yeah it cuts me up going bald, yeah I look 'better' with hair - we are all influenced to an extent to what is the 'right' look, not even i can escape that - but if anybody male or female decides to make a point of me going bald I'll tell them straight up that the problem is them and not me. Any man thinks he's better than me because he's not losing hair - I'll tell him straight that he aint. Any woman rejects me for it...that is their issue and in many ways (sexual included without doubt) their loss.

It is f*cking hard. Guess you just gotta roll with the punches and be stronger at the end of it knowing many of these guys haven't got a clue with dealing with genuine adversity over their appearance. Those guys will have body changes, those women will freak out about losing their youth and fertility and their boyfriends and husbands will go bald, gain weight etc. Us younger guys went through that pain...hopefully we can come out of it better people. Until then though, I hope I find a woman that I can have genuine love and respect for who isn't so narrow minded.

Rant over.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
gh05 said:
I recently went through a forum of younger women (18-25 average age) and searched for the word 'bald'...one thread in particular stood out - the poll question being 'is bald ugly'...every single answer said ''yes its a turn off'. No variation, every single f****ing one. Reading the replies alongside it sent me into serious depression and anger for days: "Going bald is a sin...men - keep you hair!", "I could never be turned on by a bald guy, i like hair too much...hair is sex!", "bald men are sooo ugly, would never give one a second glance" .

Would you mind linking that thread here?

Good rant :punk:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Gh05, thank you for that truly honest response. I really mean that wholeheartedly and as a result have so much more respect and reverence for you. It's true that when it comes to this issue there is much injustice and it is a problem that needs to come to the forefront of social awareness and have some light shed on it. There are many people who silently (or otherwise) suffer needlessly because of this. Anyhow, thank you again and you have my full support gh05.

T

TravisB

In another thread a guy posted a picture of a very good looking and famous athlete who has a shaved head (not even bald) asking if women found him hot. I was sure that some women would find him hot...absolutely shredded body, good looking face, hairline in tact even - but no, the best response was 'mehh he's ok, nice body but needs hair'.

Majority of girls these days doesn't seem to like masculine looking men with manly haircuts. They prefer either metrosexual guys, or guys with longer hair, or guys with Bieber like hairstyle, or hipsters

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Women like masculine men period. So many hot women at the gym. I think online dating sites are risky. Those kind of women don't play well with others