One Year Fighting Hairloss As A Norwood 7

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just use a scoop irregularly. I guess because I have other collagen powders & green tea products.
I haven’t tried mesotherapy Duasteride, but could inject it. I’ll try it. I think it works a little topically, but maybe lot more the way you suggest.
yeah duts dalton weight is 528 and from ive read our skins barrier is around 500 so thats why it wouldnt work but ive seen topical dutasteride solutions again so im not really sure tbh

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All.

Quick backstory:
Went bald at 23. Started fighting male pattern baldness at 32.
Wife showed me a Hims ad and I said 'f' it whatever, probably won't work but I've never really tried.
I was pretty certain NW7 level = doomed.

Treatment:
Started out with the Big 3 + Biotin vitamins
3 months in I added weekly 1.5mm dermaroller sessions
Shortly after I added Vitamin D3 and Collagen peptides
at month 9 I switched from a dermaroller to Dr Pen A6 microneedle, upped it to 2mm weekly sessions.
at month 11 I decide (for no good reason) to change things up and do twice daily 1mm needling sessions right before applying minoxidil.

Results:
View attachment 119840 View attachment 119839 View attachment 119841 View attachment 119842 View attachment 119843
Woah. This is incredible, the kind of results everyone dreams about!

I have a question ... how hard to you go with the derma-roller? I do 1 once weekly with 1.5mm and my scalp is pretty bloody afterwards. Only pinpoint bleeding, and once I wipe it off, it does not continue, but it looks pretty savage straight afterwards.

I'm getting regrowth, but nothing as amazing as yours.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is a hyper RESPONDER f*** this sh*t man I cant even maintain on my regimen or thicken my hair it just keeps thinning. Lucky bastard. God has chosen him.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is a hyper RESPONDER f*** this sh*t man I cant even maintain on my regimen or thicken my hair it just keeps thinning. Lucky bastard. God has chosen him.
Do you derma-roll mate?

It seems to be the one constant in all "hyper responders". They all derma-roll and many of them with bigger needles and more frequently than what is recommended.

Myself, I go with 1.5mm once per week, but I press it pretty hard. My head is covered in small spots of blood afterwards and looks pretty f--ked up. I'm worried about going deeper or more often than that though.

I have got results though. Nothing like OP, but regrowing hair, and existing hair getting thicker. Not bad for a 45 year old has been ~NW4-5 since he was 30. When I started trying to recover hair - only 4 months ago - I though it was a silly thing I was doing because I was corona-bored locked in the house all day. When I saw that my hair was actually growing back I had to pinch myself. I suspect derma-rolling is key.

ffs, I was only using minoxidil and essential oils for the first 3.5 months and still got regrowth. Added topical fina 2 days ago.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you derma-roll mate?

It seems to be the one constant in all "hyper responders". They all derma-roll and many of them with bigger needles and more frequently than what is recommended.

Myself, I go with 1.5mm once per week, but I press it pretty hard. My head is covered in small spots of blood afterwards and looks pretty f--ked up. I'm worried about going deeper or more often than that though.

I have got results though. Nothing like OP, but regrowing hair, and existing hair getting thicker. Not bad for a 45 year old has been ~NW4-5 since he was 30. When I started trying to recover hair - only 4 months ago - I though it was a silly thing I was doing because I was corona-bored locked in the house all day. When I saw that my hair was actually growing back I had to pinch myself. I suspect derma-rolling is key.

ffs, I was only using minoxidil and essential oils for the first 3.5 months and still got regrowth. Added topical fina 2 days ago.
Gonna add in topical minoxidill too and start again with 1.5mm stamping a week. Its iust that when I did it, I was shedding way more hair the next day and that scared me tbh..scared of having shock loss and ofc scarring can happen if you needle too often. A guy on reddit had a biopsy and he dermarolled and it showed minor scarring.....

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna add in topical minoxidill too and start again with 1.5mm stamping a week. Its iust that when I did it, I was shedding way more hair the next day and that scared me tbh..scared of having shock loss and ofc scarring can happen if you needle too often. A guy on reddit had a biopsy and he dermarolled and it showed minor scarring.....
I dunno mate, I'm not an expert in dermatology or anything but I wouldn't worry about shedding. Isn't it a sign that new, strong hairs are growing through?

I shed quite a lot when I started topical minoxidil and it grew back way better.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno mate, I'm not an expert in dermatology or anything but I wouldn't worry about shedding. Isn't it a sign that new, strong hairs are growing through?

I shed quite a lot when I started topical minoxidil and it grew back way better.

I guess I had the advantage that I don't really give that much of a crap about my hair. I've had it shaved No.0 (or even razor bladed) for 15+ years. But I took photos and was like, "huh, that's weird, I lost even more hair". Then it grew back much better. So I think if you're quitting when you shed, you're quitting at exactly the wrong moment. If you shed, be happy. It's a sign it's working.

Like I said, I'm no expert so take what I said with a grain of salt.

But this is what it looked like after I shed (you can already see the new hairs growing through if you zoom in):

View attachment 175154

And this is how it looks now (2 months later):

View attachment 175152

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i do care cause i got alot of hair Still. And i Read some says it made their hair worse after some months so bit scared.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i do care cause i got alot of hair Still. And i Read some says it made their hair worse after some months so bit scared.
It does make it a bit worse.

Then makes it better. That's just the way it works. The other option is it just keeps getting worse.

That's my understanding anyway. You have to be able to eat a little hit for a month or two if you want to make progress.

I dunno. That's what I think anyway.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, doesnt topical dutasteride not work cause of dalton weight though, do you mean dutasteride mesotherapy? And about the matchado you use a whole box of it every 2 weeks? I dont want to get annoyingbut you forgot to answer my question earlier and i really want to know if it helped you because buying a new box every 2 weeks is too much for me honestly.
People have reported Side effects from topical dutasteride even without needling. It can infact go systemic.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Then makes it better. That's just the way it works. The other option is it just keeps getting worse.

That's my understanding anyway. You have to be able to eat a little hit for a month or two if you want to make progress.

I just finished slightly over 1.5mm derma stamping all over my scalp, man I felt my scalp pumping with blood like a heart beat Felt good. I pressed hard too so the whole needle penetrated I did Good.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished slightly over 1.5mm derma stamping all over my scalp, man I felt my scalp pumping with blood like a heart beat Felt good. I pressed hard too so the whole needle penetrated I did Good.

This time i didnt have more shedding the next Day and my scalp is completely itch free and tingle free.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This time i didnt have more shedding the next Day and my scalp is completely itch free and tingle free.
Regarding the shedding ... I thought this was a pretty good article on the main site:

Kind of confirmed what I suspected and wrote above.

It may sound counter-intuitive, but this is one of the most important truths you’ll learn on this site: Shedding means the treatment is working. When Rogaine is applied to stimulate hair follicles, the follicles must first regress. They shed the old fiber, reprogram themselves into larger follicles, and start producing new, improved hair fibers. This inevitably leads to a temporary shed phase. Simply put: you’re seeing your hairs respond to treatment. Its unfortunate that the first sign of new hair growth is the process of “losing” even more of it, but that’s the way it works, even with Antiandrogens, DHT inhibitors, and even Androgen Blockers.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All.

Quick backstory:
Went bald at 23. Started fighting male pattern baldness at 32.
Wife showed me a Hims ad and I said 'f' it whatever, probably won't work but I've never really tried.
I was pretty certain NW7 level = doomed.

Treatment:
Started out with the Big 3 + Biotin vitamins
3 months in I added weekly 1.5mm dermaroller sessions
Shortly after I added Vitamin D3 and Collagen peptides
at month 9 I switched from a dermaroller to Dr Pen A6 microneedle, upped it to 2mm weekly sessions.
at month 11 I decide (for no good reason) to change things up and do twice daily 1mm needling sessions right before applying minoxidil.

Results:
View attachment 119840 View attachment 119839 View attachment 119841 View attachment 119842 View attachment 119843
Lying