One Year Fighting Hairloss As A Norwood 7

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ man, you’re on some next level sh*t. You should get blood tests taken to see your hormone levels. It could be useful for other members...

How did the people in your life respond?

Congrats man, must feel unbelievable.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, I think I am just raising my eyebrows a bit more in the one photo :).

Haha.. great results though. All the while keeping your manhood, sanity and will to live. Just proves you don’t need life destroying feminising drugs. Plenty of safe ways to skin a cat.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent results -- thank you, they are giving me hope!

I'm coming from a similar level of baldness, and on a similar routine, can you tell us when you started to see minor/major growth? Do you have any other progress pics of the hair beginning to grow?

Congrats!
Thank you. Progression pictures: https://imgur.com/a/jeMxcBf
I started to see tiny hairs that I could count on one hand in the first month. I was committed to the long haul so I wasn't discouraged in the slightest from just having a few hairs in the first month. I counted it as progress. Everything seemed to pick up more and more each month. Before I knew it my shaved head had stubble coverage on almost the whole scalp. Which right there was motivational for me since I wouldn't need SMP which I had considered.
Each month has been significantly more regrowth than month before it as you will see in the pics. The latest month being crazy because I was finally able to grow it out some.

Jesus Christ man, you’re on some next level sh*t. You should get blood tests taken to see your hormone levels. It could be useful for other members...

How did the people in your life respond?

Congrats man, must feel unbelievable.

Thank you. My wife has been great, and I feel really good about the hair. My 4 y/o daughter liked me better as bald daddy haha.
I recently went back and saw all my lifelong friends and family who didn't know I was treating male pattern baldness. No one said a word.

So either they were being polite by simply not talking about it even if it's a good thing. Or they didn't notice or maybe just thought I chose to be bald before? Lol I don't really know what to make of it.

If I was obese and showed up 300 lb lighter I would think they'd have to say something but maybe people who have never experienced balding are just uncomfortable talking about it no matter what.

Edit: yes I plan on testing all my levels soon. If there is anything specific I should ask to test for outside of my hormones pls let me know.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations on your results.
If you had come on the forums earlier asking for advice, you would have likely been told that it is too late to treat your hairloss.

You decided to treat it, and your results speak for themselves.

HLV

Element22

My Regimen
Reaction score
There seems to be another dramatic improvement from the start of May to near the end, would you attribute this to the recent needling every day? Also I asked earlier but you might have missed, I was interested in the quantity of biotin you take each day and the particular collagen peptides you take. Thank you so much.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Progression pictures: https://imgur.com/a/jeMxcBf
I started to see tiny hairs that I could count on one hand in the first month. I was committed to the long haul so I wasn't discouraged in the slightest from just having a few hairs in the first month. I counted it as progress. Everything seemed to pick up more and more each month. Before I knew it my shaved head had stubble coverage on almost the whole scalp. Which right there was motivational for me since I wouldn't need SMP which I had considered.
Each month has been significantly more regrowth than month before it as you will see in the pics. The latest month being crazy because I was finally able to grow it out some.

Thank you. My wife has been great, and I feel really good about the hair. My 4 y/o daughter liked me better as bald daddy haha.
I recently went back and saw all my lifelong friends and family who didn't know I was treating male pattern baldness. No one said a word.

So either they were being polite by simply not talking about it even if it's a good thing. Or they didn't notice or maybe just thought I chose to be bald before? Lol I don't really know what to make of it.

If I was obese and showed up 300 lb lighter I would think they'd have to say something but maybe people who have never experienced balding are just uncomfortable talking about it no matter what.

Edit: yes I plan on testing all my levels soon. If there is anything specific I should ask to test for outside of my hormones pls let me know.
I think testing your both testosterone levels (free and total), estrogen, and DHT would be good. Other members can chime in for whatever else. Hopefully you live in the US because it was easy for me to get all those tests. Our European friends haven’t been as lucky.

Maybe they all thought you were wearing a hairpiece. It’s not really normal for someone to go from bald to a full head of hair :p

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There seems to be another dramatic improvement from the start of May to near the end, would you attribute this to the recent needling every day? Also I asked earlier but you might have missed, I was interested in the quantity of biotin you take each day and the particular collagen peptides you take. Thank you so much.

A few things were different about May. I got a new Shampoo that has Saw Palmetto in it as well as ketoconzole. (Not sure of keto %)

I did start doing 1mm daily / twice daily sessions

And I finally let my hair keep growing instead of buzzing at the 2-3 week mark. So that is like 6 weeks without a cut there.

And I had some white/blonde hairs that I dyed brown. If you look close in the early may shots you can see the long blonde/white hair. I even made a post then asking what to do about it and the advice was to dye it. It adds to depth now instead of just being invisible.

Sorry about missing the collagen / biotin question.

The Biotin is 2000 IU, 500% DV according to package.
Collagen Peptides I get from Amazon, from 360 Nutrition. Collagen Matcha Drink Mix it's called. I'll find a link to it.
I'm sure other collagen supplements out there do fine as well.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations on your results.
If you had come on the forums earlier asking for advice, you would have likely been told that it is too late to treat your hairloss.

You decided to treat it, and your results speak for themselves.

HLV

Thank you,

And you're absolutely right. I started treatment without making an initial post, but I bet there would not be much optimism.
I even posted progress pics on tressless at one point and at least one person told me to "just get a hair system" even though I was getting results.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NarWhal7 Did you notice any change in your progress by switching from 1.5mm to 2mm?
I used to do 3mm but im very scared to cause scarring on my scalp, which would permanently stop hair from growing in these areas.
In a study where needling showed superior results compared to minoxidil, they only used a derma roller (not a stamp) and said they "gently" rolled it over the scalp. Meaning the 1.5mm needles didnt even penetrate the scalp in full length, and the study participants still had remarkable progress, which is why i choose to use 1.5mm derma stamp once per week.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, always had a touch of ging in my hair especially my beard.
Will add more details of my routine in a bit.

Haha, I think I am just raising my eyebrows a bit more in the one photo :)

Thanks. It's a good feeling. Watching it all come back over a whole year desensitized it a bit, and it still doesn't feel real seeing myself.

My weight fluctuated a lot over the year. I play hockey once a week, I was running 4 nights a week for about 3 months where I lost 35 lbs. But then gained 35 lbs. Losing again lol.
I do stay fairly active. No weight lifting or gym membership though.

Great progress! If i may suggest dropping wheat. It's in a lot of sh*t. I did and I lost 25lbs and have kept it of . I eat other grains just no wheat. I used to be way more active, had a baby two years ago, am way less active and started driving to work, yet have managed to keep the weight off since Jan 2016. I have not been this slim in 15 or so years.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy results. Congrats. Seems like you attack it from every angle and that is the best way to do it. Hope you keep gaining ground. Goodluck.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, brother!
I hope that in the next six months you will put here photos and show us your beautiful NW0 :D

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I had some white/blonde hairs that I dyed brown. If you look close in the early may shots you can see the long blonde/white hair. I even made a post then asking what to do about it and the advice was to dye it. It adds to depth now instead of just being invisible.

Did you dye your entire scalp? How much did that help? I've considered doing this because I have SO many thin\light half miniaturized hairs.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You went bald a decade ago yet you managed to regrow hair even on your temples. That’s just crazy. If I respond to meds like you do I’ll go back to a nw0.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You went bald a decade ago yet you managed to regrow hair even on your temples. That’s just crazy. If I respond to meds like you do I’ll go back to a nw0.

He has indeed gone from having very little hair on top to more or less a full head of hair. This is an example of the potential current FDA treatments offer.

HLV

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NarWhal7 Did you notice any change in your progress by switching from 1.5mm to 2mm?
I used to do 3mm but im very scared to cause scarring on my scalp, which would permanently stop hair from growing in these areas.
In a study where needling showed superior results compared to minoxidil, they only used a derma roller (not a stamp) and said they "gently" rolled it over the scalp. Meaning the 1.5mm needles didnt even penetrate the scalp in full length, and the study participants still had remarkable progress, which is why i choose to use 1.5mm derma stamp once per week.

I only truly bled on 2mm, and only one time. After that 2mm would just leave me sore and red.

I didn't notice a difference, hair kept coming back in at the same rate.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you dye your entire scalp? How much did that help? I've considered doing this because I have SO many thin\light half miniaturized hairs.

Yes dyed the whole thing even though only half my head was discolored.

It definitely helped because I had literal patches of white/blonde hair getting lost next to the brown hairs. It gave the illusion of me gaining a bunch of more hair instantly.
Really those hairs were already there just hard to see

For what it's worth, I used Just For Men medium brown, a kit that I was able to comb in carefully to not dye my scalp.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All.

Quick backstory:
Went bald at 23. Started fighting male pattern baldness at 32.
Wife showed me a Hims ad and I said 'f' it whatever, probably won't work but I've never really tried.
I was pretty certain NW7 level = doomed.

Treatment:
Started out with the Big 3 + Biotin vitamins
3 months in I added weekly 1.5mm dermaroller sessions
Shortly after I added Vitamin D3 and Collagen peptides
at month 9 I switched from a dermaroller to Dr Pen A6 microneedle, upped it to 2mm weekly sessions.
at month 11 I decide (for no good reason) to change things up and do twice daily 1mm needling sessions right before applying minoxidil.

Results:
View attachment 119840 View attachment 119839 View attachment 119841 View attachment 119842 View attachment 119843
Telling from my experience, this regrowth would not last for more than a year.