One of the best pieces I've ever seen

barcafan

Reaction score
takes 10-15 years off.

Problem is having a hair system just gives you too many things to worry about

Wonder how its kept in place

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
I found this video a few months ago - it amazes me when people comment how good it is - hair systems (whatever you want to call them) today are that good anyway - and in most cases even better.

True - it totally depends on where you get yours from and what spec you order and how you have it cut in, but so would your own hair. Come home with half an aphro and you'll look like a... well, pick an adjective.

Hair systems are pretty great these days. Maintenance, once you've figured out what works for you, is what? One hour every two weeks?

THG :)

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
If that's what most pieces look like, and I assume they do, then I don't know why any high norwood who is bothered by their hair loss wouldn't get one.

They only thing is explaining the regrowth to friends and family, but people are so dumb when it comes to hair loss you could probably just tell them you'd opted for a hair transplant and they wouldn't have a clue you were wearing something.

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
Fear, maybe? It's a scary thing to step into if you haven't had hair in a while, I guess.

I think that people are put off by the maintenance, and it's true - it will take a little extra time on your weekly routine, but if the alternative is living a crap, depressing life due to how you feel about your own hair... what the hell.

Not sure what you meant by "regrowth"?

Are you talking about when your natural hair grows and the system hair stays at its original length? Easy solution there. Salon. Hair stylist. Pair of scissors. Hair trimmer? It's the same deal as having a regular hair cut. If you feel brave, you could even go into your local Toni & Guy and say "Hey, this bit grows, this bit doesn't, and give me the 'Brad Pitt' cut!'

:)

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha.

By regrowth I mean all the sudden going from a nw6 to having a full head of hair.

The majority of people seem to think Jeremy Piven solved his hair loss problems by getting "plugs," so I assume you could probably just tell people you got a hair transplant. I don't think many people would know that getting a full head of hair with transplants is impossible, or that it takes a year for them take.

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
Hey Jokerman,

Well, you could do that. Or. You could find a really GOOD salon and get your hair in stages. Take a "vacation" from work, have a little hair added in a believable style. Up the amount in a month. Up it again in two months. Who's to know?

That's my take on it!

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
If it's possible to get your hair in stages then that's definitely the way to go.

Japanfour

Reaction score
TheHairGuy said:
Hey Jokerman,

Well, you could do that. Or. You could find a really GOOD salon and get your hair in stages. Take a "vacation" from work, have a little hair added in a believable style. Up the amount in a month. Up it again in two months. Who's to know?

That's my take on it!

Reminds me of this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYPQctgSQdo

lol, I'm pretty sure people might notice.

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
Japanfour said:
TheHairGuy said:
Hey Jokerman,

That's my take on it!

Reminds me of this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYPQctgSQdo

lol, I'm pretty sure people might notice.

That's possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen! Oh, and thanks, for comparing me to an 80's infommercial. Serioulsy. Respect.

Anyway, if you're going to do it, do it right. Don't go for a mass of hair. Make it at least seem realistic. Then slowly build up the density. Depends on the state of your own hair right now. From nothing to 70's p**rn stud in three momnths... yeah, people are gonna notice. From some, to some more, to a little more than that, to something approaching cool in the course of a year... I think you'll be safe.

As for people noticing... who gives a **** anyway? Recap, replace your teeth at the dentist, correct your vision with glasses or laser eye surgery. Women enhance their breasts and actually go out and flaunt the fact that they're not real. So, who's gonna be insecure about a little cosmetic hair in this day and age?

Amen. ;-)

MartyKay

Reaction score
The piece in that video looks great, but that kind of natural appearance is available to anybody if they order from a good supplier and have it cut in properly.

I think the most important thing is how the hair looks, not the sudden change in appearance. Believe it or not, most people you know don't pay much attention to your hair - it's important to you, but not to them. And those who notice will focus on how terrific it looks and how undetectable it is.

I was in Chicago over the weekend & got together with one of my oldest and best friends. When we got together, he told me his first thought was that my hair is getting a bit long and that I need a haircut, NOT that my hairpiece was longer than the last one he saw me wear.

richermartyn

Reaction score
Pretty good work. I think he is getting the expertise in his work. He can helpful for the lots of people who are not having any hair. It is really awesome work for him. I will try in my boss's salon. I will show this video to him.

MartyKay

Reaction score
Two scenarios...

I got my first hairpiece when I was 23. It was very expensive but in those days, they were pretty awful no matter how much you spent. I took a lot of kidding from my friends and finally gave up on it after a few months.

I started wearing again about 8 years ago and boy, what a difference. I was surprised at how many people didn't realize I was wearing. I heard comments from acquaintances like "did you shave your beard", "you're turning gray", "have you lost weight", etc. A couple asked if I had a transplant because they assumed a hairpiece could never look so natural. NONE of my friends or family kidded me about it - they were all amazed at how good it looked (and how good I looked) and wanted to know how come it looked like the hair was growing right out of my scalp.

Great story - when I started wearing again, I was still bald in the pic on my driver's license. I bought a pair shoes one day and had to show my license for ID. The girl that waited on me looked at my license and told me that I looked really good with my head shaved!

Nene

Reaction score
Wow, that made a huge difference in that guys appearance. If I go that bald I will def wear a wig, who cares about the stigma? It took a good 15 years off that guys age.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
As for people noticing... who gives a **** anyway? Recap, replace your teeth at the dentist, correct your vision with glasses or laser eye surgery. Women enhance their breasts and actually go out and flaunt the fact that they're not real. So, who's gonna be insecure about a little cosmetic hair in this day and age?

I am not in the position of needing a wig right now, but who cares if people know?

I'd be telling people about it. It's no different than wearing a nice jacket to clean up your appearance. People wouldn't really care to talk about it after you explained it once. Just like if you bought a nice suit and wore it, it'd be novel at first, and then people wouldn't even think about it. You'd just be a guy who dresses well.

It'd be fun too, because I'd get a blue wig for Halloween to wear. :punk:

You seriously could have different hair every couple of months.

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
Flashdance - Amen :)

Natwraggie - that depends on how well you look after your hair. You can usually expect the hair to last around 5 - 8 months. Some people make theirs stretch out for a year. Some women manage to keep theirs looking great for 18 months plus.

THG

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I don't know if this is available in the UK :S
How much would it cost?

TheHairGuy

Reaction score
Natwraggie said:
Thanks.

I don't know if this is available in the UK :S
How much would it cost?

Well, that all depends on what you want. The best advice I can give is to really, seriously research everything - I'm around for any questions, I've been using systems for over 2 years - and check out good reputable companies. Best one I know of in the UK is:

http://www.optimahair.co.uk/becausewecare.htm

Run by a solid guy, no sales pitches, just tells it as it is. That should be a good place to start for researching what you want, etc.

Hope you get what you're looking for