Once And For All; Can Dutasteride Make The Front Worse?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding in a couple of weeks after I took my first dutasteride pill and for about 5-6 months.

I read that thread where you and another member used duta for a year and I thought the worst had happened. Your hairline and hair actually recovered then? I have been on duta for 7 months and take it once a week otherwise I get slight sides. It cut the remaining dht in my body in half after switching from finasteride. Hair is still flying away and the increased testosterone from dht suppression might be causing overactive sebum activity.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldnt loose hair on duta. You're taking 99% of DHT out of your system, which has more affinity for the receptor than T. Duta increases T by ~20% for suppressing ~99% DHT. Androgen receptor upregulation shouldnt happen, because only 10% of T is converted to DHT, so no lower levels of androgens on duta.

Loosing ground on duta is very interesting. Maybe one should stick to duta until two years mark.

edit: Calikid had a terrible duta experience.

I feel like that may have happened to me. Maybe for people like us who get boosted T from duta should add spironolactone to counter it to get the best results

No dht +high T=hairloss
No dht +low/regular T= slowing of or no hair loss

Lol

Yeah but even if that is happening I have thought about the point baba is making in the quote above yours. It is a really big mystery because I have to agree with baba but at the same time know that increased T has to somehow be to blame.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have the same issue. Using dutasteride 2x week now, once a week before. Been on finasteride 3 years.. Right tempe has receded 1-2 cm.
Been looking good before dutasteride and I am still on finasteride.
Dont know if it is shedding or dutasteride is causing this issue. I am back on minoxidil and RU to counter the dutasteride. I am adding CB into the mix as well to see if it improves.. cannot be happing this crap..

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that thread where you and another member used duta for a year and I thought the worst had happened. Your hairline and hair actually recovered then? I have been on duta for 7 months and take it once a week otherwise I get slight sides. It cut the remaining dht in my body in half after switching from finasteride. Hair is still flying away and the increased testosterone from dht suppression might be causing overactive sebum activity.

Yeah I have recovered, not 100% but still, it's better than before.

If you are worried about testosterone, just add CB or RU and I'm pretty sure 99% of people will maintain on that.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy from more plates more dates ran an experiment, he did TRT and went on dutasteride, result is he was still shedding. So the conclusion must be testosterone still makes you bald. How do we block it?
derek said he had 2000ng/dl test levels during this experiemnt. Thats not f*****g TRT

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You fucked it up big time, you were shedding and would probably come out on top of it.

Same with me, I had a bad shed on dutasteride. Came out of it and my hairline is better than it was before dutasteride. Patience is key.
Any sides etc?

Im considering going full oral dutasteride as well as mesotherapy however im terrified at shedding during xmas and having family come over with noticeable hairloss would rather kill myself.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt loose hair on duta. You're taking 99% of DHT out of your system, which has more affinity for the receptor than T. Duta increases T by ~20% for suppressing ~99% DHT. Androgen receptor upregulation shouldnt happen, because only 10% of T is converted to DHT, so no lower levels of androgens on duta.

Loosing ground on duta is very interesting. Maybe one should stick to duta until two years mark.

edit: Calikid had a terrible duta experience.

What would be the scientific explaiantion of shedding? If you are surpressing 99% of DHT then why the f*** would you accelerate the follicles falling?

Oh and btw, if you supress all that 5ar, estrogen also raises because of some explaination that I heard but I dont remember now but it made sense.

Point is, low as f*** DHT, higher estrogen... an increase of 20% of testosterone.. how can this be enough to make up for the loss of DHT and estrogen? I dont want to become a b**ch with weak orgasms, however I cannot ever go out again ever again without a NW1.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be the scientific explaiantion of shedding? If you are surpressing 99% of DHT then why the f*** would you accelerate the follicles falling?

Oh and btw, if you supress all that 5ar, estrogen also raises because of some explaination that I heard but I dont remember now but it made sense.

Point is, low as f*** DHT, higher estrogen... an increase of 20% of testosterone.. how can this be enough to make up for the loss of DHT and estrogen? I dont want to become a b**ch with weak orgasms, however I cannot ever go out again ever again without a NW1.

With me dutasteride must have actually lowered my estrogen and increased T to make up for the lack of DHT. I mean I got blood testes before starting and after my estrogen did drop to low average for a male. When I was only taking finasteride my E was high average for a male. I thought my nips felt slightly puffy though so maybe my body was balancing itself out because now they are back to normal?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

All you people are forgetting telogen effuivium. This sh*t can last many many months

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about this issue of dutasteride destroying hairlines because I have been dealing with it. My conclusion:
- majority of anecdotal cases were lasting for a couple of months, max. 6, so how do you know it's not shedding?
- there are some people who had fucked up hairline even after a year, but it's very rare. Majority of people get better results on dutasteride and we have studies to prove this. Regrowth is much much better on dutasteride vs. finasteride but still, it should be used for maintenance.
- the androgenic activity does decrease on dutasteride, so it should definitely work better. The only explanation I can think of is DHT Type I that does not have a major impact on androgenic alopecia ( not sure about that ) takes the place of testosterone/estrogen.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about this issue of dutasteride destroying hairlines because I have been dealing with it. My conclusion:
- majority of anecdotal cases were lasting for a couple of months, max. 6, so how do you know it's not shedding?
- there are some people who had fucked up hairline even after a year, but it's very rare. Majority of people get better results on dutasteride and we have studies to prove this. Regrowth is much much better on dutasteride vs. finasteride but still, it should be used for maintenance.
- the androgenic activity does decrease on dutasteride, so it should definitely work better. The only explanation I can think of is DHT Type I that does not have a major impact on androgenic alopecia ( not sure about that ) takes the place of testosterone/estrogen.

DHT is DHT-these's only one form. Type 1 5AR enzyme get's annihilated with dutas, unlike with finasteride. The claim is that there is less type 1 enzyme in scalp tissue, but with biodiversity, there's always variation between individuals. Still, suppressing type 1 enzyme should not increase androgenic activity. I agree with you that dutas plus an androgen blocker (topical or oral) should be about the best (reasonable) option we have at the moment.

I'm currently undergoing a shed at ~6 weeks of dutas. I started out using it a few times a week and when the shedding ramped up, I decided to go all in and use it daily. Based on available scientific data, I can't explain how one would be worse off with dutas than without it. Still, there is plenty we don't understand about Androgenetic Alopecia, but as I continue to shed like a mo' fo', I'm going to try to keep believing in the science. We'll see...

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes dude, i know the video. Else i wouldnt have replied to it. And unlike you, i watched it and he literally says his test was at 2000ng/dl. Way, way above natural levels
So what, point is testosterone causes hairloss, and some people may have higher sensitivity to test. So ideally you watn to protect scalp against test too

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what, point is testosterone causes hairloss, and some people may have higher sensitivity to test. So ideally you watn to protect scalp against test too

This sensitivity to test is broscience at best. Testosterone does bind to androgen receptor just like DHT but has 2-10 times lower affinity. There is no testo or dht receptor, there’s only androgen receptor.