Once And For All; Can Dutasteride Make The Front Worse?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A recurring subject, still no definitive answer.

I have been on dutasteride for 4 months now.
My front is much worse, the mid to back is maintaing/maybe even improving so far.

SO, can dutasteride make the front worse?
Anybody on HairLossTalk.com who had bad experience with DUTA and the Front?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline kept receiding. Faster than on finasteride. Maybe it works really really good and all the dying hairs are being pushed out and you have to wait it out. I didn't, after more than a year I started using finasteride again, next to dutasteride. After a while I dropped dutasteride and not im on finasteride only again. Maybe I should have kept going with dutasteride. And the just enjoy the hair that I was able to keep and get a small hair restoration. Don't know what to do now though. Im on big 3 and want to use something extra

lukedorian

Reaction score

My front is much worse, the mid to back is maintaing/maybe even improving so far.

LOL what, no way, it will leave you with 0 sperm count but it´s great for hair, i think is poison tho, i´d never use it

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The increase in test might be the culprit, i have been taking dutasteride since november and my hairline is intact, but im mostly worried about my crown, my hairline isn't too bad for 30.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesnt make much sense, why would it make it worse? What would be the mechanism behind it? It cant be the increase in t since dht is far stronger than t as far as I understand it

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Those losing some hair on dutasteride its likely a shedding. I had a hell of a shed the first year, all the lost hair regrew.

Its almost completely impossible to lose ground while on this drug, even long term.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldnt loose hair on duta. You're taking 99% of DHT out of your system, which has more affinity for the receptor than T. Duta increases T by ~20% for suppressing ~99% DHT. Androgen receptor upregulation shouldnt happen, because only 10% of T is converted to DHT, so no lower levels of androgens on duta.

Loosing ground on duta is very interesting. Maybe one should stick to duta until two years mark.

edit: Calikid had a terrible duta experience.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The guy from more plates more dates ran an experiment, he did TRT and went on dutasteride, result is he was still shedding. So the conclusion must be testosterone still makes you bald. How do we block it?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No, it doesn't.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy from more plates more dates ran an experiment, he did TRT and went on dutasteride, result is he was still shedding. So the conclusion must be testosterone still makes you bald. How do we block it?
Shedding does not indicate hair loss.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is still artificially increasing his androgen levels, I doubt normal person on duta has to worry about this

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone/ cyproterone acetate/ Bicalutamide.

Reactions: Yar

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with shedding not being a indicator of balding. I mean if you notice under a 100 hairs a day then yes it’s not a indicator. But if you are noticing more I think you should be worried. Over 200 very concerned. And 300 plus a day..... lol

But when I started duta 5 months ago this was the start to my rapid balding. I started out once a week for 3 months then bumped it up to EOD for a month. By the end of the fourth month I was shedding 200-300 hairs a day and my hairline took a big hit. I stopped couldn’t take it anymore.

I’m serval weeks off it and still shedding just as much so I don’t know if it’s to blame.
Androgenic Alopecia is literally hair being miniaturized. Hair fall without miniturization is Telogen Effluvium, and it could be chronic which would make you bald as well. But if you have cTE, you can recover all those hairs back to original state, as they are not miniaturized. This isnt the case in Androgenic Alopecia, which can progress without any noticeable shedding. If your shedded hair strands tend to progressively taper towards the roots, then you have Androgenic Alopecia.

Ironically, I shed the most from the back, which has 0% hair loss. Shedding is not an indicator of Androgenic Alopecia. It is for Telogen Effluvium/other causes. Androgenic Alopecia is the cause of hair loss for ~95% of cases.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped couldn’t take it anymore.

You fucked it up big time, you were shedding and would probably come out on top of it.

Same with me, I had a bad shed on dutasteride. Came out of it and my hairline is better than it was before dutasteride. Patience is key.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You fucked it up big time, you were shedding and would probably come out on top of it.

Same with me, I had a bad shed on dutasteride. Came out of it and my hairline is better than it was before dutasteride. Patience is key.
At which months you began shedding? For how long?