On modern feminism

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not uncommon (though those songs maybe aren't great examples b/c they're all 20-30 years old), but that doesn't make it right or piss me off any less.

Read "man made language" by Dale Spender.

CCS

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
CCS said:
. In 42 states, even a DNA test does not overturn patternity if they are married.

Are you serious??
If I marry a girl and she cheats and has a kid by someone else, I'm on the hook for child support?????????????

Yes, I'm serious. I may troll around about other topics, but not this one. Google it.

That is what I've been telling people all along. I read an article about it, dated 2007. Some groups are trying to outlaw DNA testing, or require a court order in order for paternity testing, that way a man can't secretly test but instead has to tell his wife he does not trust her before he can get the test.

If you are not married, you are not on the hook unless you sign the birth certificate. Once signed, a DNA test will not save you in most states. So you basically have to tell the possible mother of your child on the day the kid is born that you don't trust her, or else you just sign it and hope it really is yours.

Messed up. That is why if I get married, I'm doing so in California, and researching other laws pertaining to if we move to another state after marriage.

There are some very intelligent women out there who understand how these laws give women more power over men. Most men don't find out about their bad luck until after they are forced to pay thousands. Even then, most are not intelligent enough to understand how the laws affect the balance of power in the dating world.

CCS

Reaction score
The problem with California, is even though they have better marriage laws, they have worse welfare laws. Women can just have kids out of wedlock and get sent $10,000 per year cash, as supplemental income. In California, instead of forcing individual men to raise kids that are not theirs, they just dump it on the tax payers, so that everyone is paying child support.

If you plan to get married, California is the state to do it in. If you plan to stay single, and are not afraid to ask for a DNA test, then other states are better for you in terms of taxes, though that won't matter as the federal government starts taking all this over.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
CCS said:
Also, kids have bad upbringings because many parents don't love them. Both parents want a partner more attractive than themselves. If they don't get one, then they feel they are settling and at least one of them will neglect the kids. Some will bond with the kid because they are a nice person, but it will be the same strength as an addoption. If the guy was lucky to impregnate a pretty woman who did not abort the kid, then the mother will not love the kid nearly as much as she would if she knew the father was an alpha male.

This is an interesting (and disturbing) line of thought.

The parents see the faults of their spouses in the kids...