On Big 3 Creating This To Track Results (pics Included)

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_7020.JPG
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_7025.JPG
IMG_7031.JPG

Hey everyone I'm posting this to track my results. I believe constantly staring at my head (which is what I have been doing) is insane and detrimental to hair growth. So I'm going to use his website as a forum to try and track any gains I might get.

Background- I'm 34 and until last year I enjoyed a full head of thick hair. I realize that looking back in my pics I had some very slight temporal recession starting in my late 20s but it wasn't noticeable. I have always had a large forehead and my dad is almost 60 and still has all his hair as do all of his brothers that are in their 60s and 70s. My mother has crazy thick hair as did her father. Naturally I thought I would be good to go, but sure enough here I am fighting the good fight.

Treatment- I caught my hair loss early(in my opinion). I started Rogaine right away and used it twice a day everyday for 7 months with no real results. I had have never noticed that I was losing a lot of hair (shower,brushing, etc). I had a slight shed (like 15-20 hairs) when I started using Rogaine that lasted almost 2 and half months then it went back to normal. After not seeing any results, I jumped on Propecia 2 and half months ago. Lastly, approximately one week ago I started using a dermaroller once a day at night. I use a 1.5 size roller at night before I apply Rogaine. I use it with light pressure so there is no bleeding. I am trying to increase my Rogaine absorption.

I am attaching pics of where I am at today and I'll try to update every month or so. I have only been on Propecia for 2 and half months so it's too early to tell but I am obviously hoping for the best. I can say since starting Propecia I haven't had any sides at all except what I believe to be another shed which lasted about two months but for the last two weeks I am not seeing hardly any hairs at all when I shower and brush my hair. There use to be between 10-20 every time I would shower and brush. My hair also appears to be thickening up just a little bit. Fingers crossed I continue to improve.

As you can see from the pics there are little hairs sprouting out around my hairline which I hope will only grow Thicker and more of them will sprout out. I don't have any loss at my crown. Honestly I would totally happy if I can just thicken up my existing hair. Anyways, that's my story.

Last edited by a moderator:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro you are 34 ? i don't think you have hairloss . Why bother with minoxidil ? propecia alone would have been perfect for peace of mind . you were the perfect candidate for propecia .
where do you apply minoxidil ?

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't think you have hair loss tbh. any "before" pics?

Thanks man I take that as a compliment..it has definitely thinned out a bit in the front and around my hairline...I took action pretty quick in my opinion...I don't have any pics close up like these

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro you are 34 ? i don't think you have hairloss . Why bother with minoxidil ? propecia alone would have been perfect for peace of mind . you were the perfect candidate for propecia .
where do you apply minoxidil ?

Hey thanks man...yes I'm 34.....I started with minoxidil because I was trying to thicken my existing hair and I thought that was the best/safest bet...I apply minoxidil all over my head. Looking back I wish I would have just started with Propecia when I was 30-31 and I would have been good to go

I know things could be a lot worse and I am lucky to have the hair I have at 34...if I can get a little bit of regrowth around my hairline I will be thrilled

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt shed too much because of rogaine ? did it thicken your crown mid scalp ?

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt shed too much because of rogaine ? did it thicken your crown mid scalp ?

I had a shed when I started it that lasted about two months. It wasn't bad like 20 or so hairs a day. I don't think minoxidil did anything for me on its own. Maybe it helped to maintain. My crown wasn't a problem area ever but yes my mid scalp is starting to thicken now that I have been on Propecia for almost three months.

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice a difference when I took Minoxidil only...which I did for approximately 7-8 months....now that I have been on Propecia in combination with Minoxidil for almost 3 months I am starting to notice a difference in the thickness of my hair and there appears to be little hairs popping out around my hairline which I take to be a good sign.....I believe for the most part these drugs (Propecia, Minoxidil) work for just about everyone. They just work faster for certain people. The key is just to keep on a regimen and be patient (which is insanely hard to do in my opinion).

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_7332.JPG
IMG_7333.JPG
IMG_7332.JPG
IMG_7333.JPG
I'm posting these pics to monitor my hairline growth/maintenance on treatment ...hopefully by doing this I can keep myself out of the mirror incessantly checking my hair! Also I have adjusted my regime slightly.....dermarolling only once a week now and i forgot to mention in my previous post that I stopped washing my hair everyday....I'm only washing it 4 times a week. 2 of those 4 times I use nizoral and the other times I use some expensive crap that I don't know the name.......first pic is my hairline taken straight on with flash.....I have some small vellus hairs popping out around my hairline popping out which is a good sign....the second pic is taken from directly above under a bathroom sink light (the most unforgiving light possible). I'm only three months in on Propecia; I'm hoping my hair will thicken up in the next 6-9 months

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks! Yea still on Minoxidil...I apply it all over my head. I use the foam and I part my hair and apply it directly to the scalp...I repeat the parting and applying until my whole head is covered ....I go through a bottle in like 2 weeks instead of a month....that's the only downside

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ah ok you use the foam ; this is more convenient ; i use the liuid and this is horrible .
You didn't have unwanted body hair or dark cirlce because of minoxidil ?
I wish i could have your hair . I am only 23 yo and have been on propecia for 2,5 years , but my hair keeop receding and diffusing .

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven't gotten any sides from Minoxidil....I'm starting to get some wrinkles but that's because I'm 34....I'm sorry the meds aren't working for you.....do you take Propecia at the same time everyday? Are you consistent with applying minoxodil? Are you sure you aren't at least maintaining? At least you are doing all you can do ...hang in there...there will be better treatments in a couple of years

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_7513.JPG
IMG_7514.JPG
IMG_7515.JPG
IMG_7516.JPG
Month 4 update: I've been on Propecia right at four months and I've been on Rogaine for 10 months or so. I have also been dermarolling for about 2 months. I dermaroll 4-5 times a week. Overall I am happy with how it's going. I still have days where I feel like my hair looks thin but for the most part I am worrying about it less. The best thing for me has been to stop checking my hair every 5 seconds.

Side effects: I didn't think I experienced any side effects but after reading about scalp itch being a side effect I definitely experienced that! I would say it started about a month after I started Propecia and it lasted for about a month. My scalp doesn't itch at all anymore and I don't lose hardly any hair when I comb it/wash it....usually just 2 or 3 hairs come out which is normal.

Anyways here are some updated pics...I seem to be getting a lot of growth around my hairlinewhich is/was my problem area. I will update again when I hit the 6 or 7 month mark....good luck to everyone

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow man your results are amazing keep! it! up!...do you dermaroll all over your scalp or just specific areas? Do you apply Rogaine before or after dermarolling and how long do you wait til you apply Rogaine?

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! I am pumped that my treatment is working ....My frontal third of my head is my problem area...I'm like 75% back so I hope I continue to improve.

I dermaroll my entire scalp but I spend most of my time around my hairline and in the front half of my head since that's where it's a bit thin...I dermaroll 4-5 times a week and I apply Rogaine right after I finish. I do it at night before I go to bed because after I dermaroll my scalp is red (not bleeding)but it is back to normal in the morning