On Big 3, But Real Close To Giving Up. Thoughts?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If finasteride and minoxidil are the only meds you've tried then you've not tried many.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think are on the right track with the derma roller. Also look into intense scalp massage for 20mins/day-pressing, pulling the skin, stretching, pinching, etc. I know it sounds crazy but people have regrown a lot of hair doing this for 6+ months.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ll just start off with a bit of a background. I’m turning 26 this summer, I started balding at around 18, and been fighting it since I was 19. I have tried quite literally everything meds, shampoos, essential oils, vitamins, laser, s5, prp, etc. (well not everything, haven’t tried RU, bc it’s hard to get in Canada, expensive and tbh I’m kinda scared to put a random chemical on my head). ANYWAYS, currently my regiment is:

LipoGaine twice a day (4-5 years, but used to use regular minoxidil)
Finasteride 1.25mg ED (3 years)
Rotate between big 3 shampoo and regenepure.
AND I just started dermarolling two weeks ago.

I’ve attached pics, but to be quite honest with you guys, I’m getting frustrated and sick of my garbage hair. Because just when I thought the top was bad, my sides started thinning too(retrograde alopecia). Usually you get one worse than the other, but since I have great luck I have both! Oh and also, I’ve gone to a few consultations for a hair transplant, and all said that my sides are too thin. I hate to admit it but I left the last one almost in tears.

As many of you can probably relate, it’s eating me alive. To put it in perspective, when I go out with my friends and we’re talking to a group of girls, I used to be the one doing all the talking. Now I hang back and don’t bother saying a word because my friends all have sweet hair, and I’m sitting here looking like their uncle. I hate being that guy but I used to have no problem getting girls. Now I’ve been really struggling. When I’m out with my parents, I don’t even walk close to them because I think I’m embarrassing them and making them look older because I legit could be one of their brothers.

BUT I’m hoping the dermarolling could do something atleast. Because if it doesn’t, I’m just going to shave my head and give up. Some people suggest growing my hair out. This is quite literally not an option, the hair in the thin parts grows to about a half an inch and comes to a HALT. It’s the most frustrating thing I’ve ever dealt with. (Also, don’t you hate it when people say you have a good shaped head?)

So what I’m asking for is your opinions on something I could be doing differently (for maybe even just the sides) or if the dermarolling is something worth being hopeful for. Anything would help, thanks!

If I had your mug facial aesthetics, and head shape, I would buzz it. You look good. Just own it, get a tank, and workout. If you wear it any better, straight men are going to get turned lol

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Right...he does look good. It is unfortunate we cannot just see what others see and let things go...I am speaking for myself as well.

It's hard. I had to try and see pics of myself short haired or buzzed off. I am single so, I am forced into the fire or incel lifestyle. I wish I had sorted that area out in my life ages ago.

TS looks great. No weird shaped head or dumbo ears. No strange stuff.

If I was TS, I would buzz or shave it off. Not everyone is Beckham or Zidane head shaven. TS is the next best thing. Calm down over there. Your going to turn straight guys lol

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard. I had to try and see pics of myself short haired or buzzed off. I am single so, I am forced into the fire or incel lifestyle. I wish I had sorted that area out in my life ages ago.

TS looks great. No weird shaped head or dumbo ears. No strange stuff.

If I was TS, I would buzz or shave it off. Not everyone is Beckham or Zidane head shaven. TS is the next best thing. Calm down over there. Your going to turn straight guys lol
Wait, am I TS? Because if so I’m flattered haha I do actually workout already, I’d say it’s one of my draws. What’s TS? Is that like OP?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
He's banned. Usually bobster's accounts make it a couple weeks before getting the banhammer but looks like he got it early this time
Yeah, good lol seemed like an absolute moron...Maybe he secretly had a crush on me or something haha

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait, am I TS? Because if so I’m flattered haha I do actually workout already, I’d say it’s one of my draws. What’s TS? Is that like OP?

TS thread starter or OP.

You look good bro. If I were gayest, more than once. Lmfao. Obviously joke. Just buzz it. Work on confidence and finding bae.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TS thread starter or OP.

You look good bro. If I were gayest, more than once. Lmfao. Obviously joke. Just buzz it. Work on confidence and finding bae.
sweet words but he doesnt have to accept the baldness. he still can go for a hairpiece i.e. and still be confident.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, what else? I tried dutasteride, for the record.
Unfortunately I can't tell you as I would get banned ( already on a warning ) but you can google what other treatment options are available. Do your research thoroughly and come to an informed decision. finasteride, min, nizoral and dutasteride is really just the tip of the iceberg. Loads of different treatments available. Look at my regimen, those are some other treatments but I wouldn't specifically recommend those ones. Make that decision yourself, good luck.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
sweet words but he doesnt have to accept the baldness. he still can go for a hairpiece i.e. and still be confident.

He could also buy a van and run over people. Instead of feeding consumer culture, he can own and still go get baes

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it goes to show that even finasteride can't help some people
dutasteride reduces 100% of DHT so it should in theory stop any more hair being damaged by DHT, so you would keep the hair you have now.
unfortunately it may be too late, as in not worth taking dutasteride to keep what you have left, as if finasteride hasn't stopped receding it is unlikely dutasteride would regrow anything.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride reduces 100% of DHT so it should in theory stop any more hair being damaged by DHT, so you would keep the hair you have now.

Not really. Its more in the range of 95%

Also, some people can theoretically lose hair from testosterone if their androgenic sensitivity is to high