Ok, Switching From dutasteride To finasteride Slowly?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried to switch from finasteride to dutasteride to finasteride again, now I am on dutasteride again and I want to go back to finasteride. dutasteride is just too aggressive for me, so I think I am better off with finasteride. Im reading more and more about how dutasteride raises scalp T by a 100% and I am probably just sensitive to that.

Now my question is, should I 'ease' back into finasteride, by still taking dutasteride for a couple of months next to finasteride, and give finasteride time to start working?

Thanks in advance!

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone is different and reactions vary a lot. I took finasteride daily for 20 + years until it finally stopped working. I'm now on dutasteride and yes, it is definitely aggressive: it stopped my shedding in just a few days but sexual side effects have been severe.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different and reactions vary a lot. I took finasteride daily for 20 + years until it finally stopped working. I'm now on dutasteride and yes, it is definitely aggressive: it stopped my shedding in just a few days but sexual side effects have been severe.
So you get sexual side effects and still continue?

jazz1

Reaction score
Dutasteride work?

Wow, you done well on Finesteride! Nice to see Dutasteride working, what about using it every other or third day?

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried to switch from finasteride to dutasteride to finasteride again, now I am on dutasteride again and I want to go back to finasteride. dutasteride is just too aggressive for me, so I think I am better off with finasteride. Im reading more and more about how dutasteride raises scalp T by a 100% and I am probably just sensitive to that.

Now my question is, should I 'ease' back into finasteride, by still taking dutasteride for a couple of months next to finasteride, and give finasteride time to start working?

Thanks in advance!

I think you should be fine switching straight away, as both reduce DHT and see how you go......

Dutasteride work? Minusnthe side effects.......

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really get sides from dutasteride, as far as I know anyway, its just that somehow someway its aggressive on my hairline, my hairloss goes faster with dutasteride than with finasteride.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really get sides from dutasteride, as far as I know anyway, its just that somehow someway its aggressive on my hairline, my hairloss goes faster with dutasteride than with finasteride.

Dutasteride increases scalp T by over 100%, maybe your hair is sensitive to T even though it's a weaker androgen than DHT.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Dutasteride increases scalp T by over 100%, maybe your hair is sensitive to T even though it's a weaker androgen than DHT.

Yep, so in the end I think I am better off with finasteride, unfortunately.