Ok, dustateride was not the miracle we expected, whats next?

CCS

Reaction score
there is testosterone and other androgens.

Felk

Reaction score
But if testosterone is so important in hair loss, why do the psuedohermaphrodites never lose their hair? All they are defficient in is type 2 5AR, they have all the other androgens, yet never lose their hair...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's the all-important timing issue. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

G

Bryan said:
It's the all-important timing issue. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

can you elaborate more on the timing issue bryan? namely what it means? are you saying that getting on dutasteride early gives you a much better chance of the hair count flatlining?

if i am nw1-1.5 and 22 years old, do i stand much better chance of replicating the experince of the pseudohermaphrodites who never go bald?

Felk

Reaction score
Maybe DHT iniates the whole process, and it's only after the process has begun that all the other androgens begin to have an adverse effect.

G

Felk said:
Maybe DHT iniates the whole process, and it's only after the process has begun that all the other androgens begin to have an adverse effect.

well i guess i f***** myself by not getting on propecia 5 years ago.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
can you elaborate more on the timing issue bryan? namely what it means? are you saying that getting on dutasteride early gives you a much better chance of the hair count flatlining?

if i am nw1-1.5 and 22 years old, do i stand much better chance of replicating the experince of the pseudohermaphrodites who never go bald?

Oh, absolutely! I've been telling people 'til I'm blue in the face that for the best possible results, start using finasteride or dutasteride AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. For those of you who have a strong family history of balding and you're pretty damned sure that you are at high risk, time is of the essence. Start NOW.

The pseudo's are carefree (hair-wise) because they are that way from conception onward.

Bryan

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bryan: Would you have used finasteride./dutasteride. if it was available when you were young?

I guess I would have but I'm so torn on this issue.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
JayMan said:

Oh, absolutely! I've been telling people 'til I'm blue in the face that for the best possible results, start using finasteride or dutasteride AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. For those of you who have a strong family history of balding and you're pretty damned sure that you are at high risk, time is of the essence. Start NOW.

The pseudo's are carefree (hair-wise) because they are that way from conception onward.

Yeah, but they are not carefree penis-wise.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mine was really a sad case. Went to NW4 in few months from NW2 (3 months max). then started rogaine based on a friend's suggestion. I wish I was a bad responder (I would have looked into finasteride or dutasteride). Just rogaine made me go from NW4 to NW2.

Ofcourse minoxidil can do only so much. I continued balding.

I seriously believe that if I had started dutasteride the first time around, I wouldn't have needed a hair transplant.

After being on finasteride and then later on dutasteride, my sides have thickened and my widows peak has moved forward. But once the follicles die, they die. Only hair transplant can bring hairs in barren land.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Bryan said:
JayMan said:

Yeah, but they are not carefree penis-wise.

Dave: You're back!!! :D

Recipe updates buddy, RECIPES!!