Oily Forehead/scalp And How To Treat This Issue

g.i joey

Reaction score
so I know this is directly related to hairloss as I see a lot of baldies with shiny/oily domes, including bald family members.

I basically have this issue when I don't take my finasteride for 24+ hours. finasteride controls this to an extent but I was wondering if anyone has alternative methods to getting rid of that oil on your forehead, I really want something to keep my forehead dry when I'm out at night.

Also another question... could this excess oil be due to me taking 2 showers a day or even due to me using head and shoulders when I don't have dandruff?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
When i was on spironolactone it dramatically reduced the sebum and oil on my face and scalp. You could try a low dose like 50mg daily then cut it down to every other day.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro trust me on this i am an expert , i have oily forehead since teen .
and i use retin a cream on my forehead since i am 13 ( i am 24 now) .
And this is the best thing for this . use it each night before bed.
(Another great solution is accutane 5 mg daily but this is too harsh for us with diffuse thinning )

img92845.jpg
here is the cream i use in france ( you need a prescription ) ; 0.05%tretinoin

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this cream also prevent wrinkle . best cream on the market
but at the beginning use it wisely ( small dose because it can burn )
now i can use a hundred times a day , because my skin handle it , but always be careful at the start

g.i joey

Reaction score
Awesome @michel sapin thanks a lot bro. Do you know if a prescription is needed in Canada as well?

Also, is this detrimental to our hair loss situation? Should I avoid applying it near hairline?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't know if you need a prescription in canada , but you need legit retinoid . not fake retinol cream this is important . So i guess you will need an apoitment with a dermatologist to get a legit one .
My only concern will be the price here in canada . Because in france it used to be really cheap like 3 euros and now this is 20 euros for one tube . .

This is not detrimental to hair , i remember that when i was a teen ( 14 ) with legit Norwood -1 i applied it almost to my hair .

But use small quantites at first this is really important or you will complain of burning sensation and redness. And avoid sun when you use it
it repair sun effect on collagen But it makes the skin sensitive .
so don't use it if you go to the beach.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
acne and sebum production in my teenage years was the first issue that really affected my qualitiy of life .
THe best treatment according to me is accutane , but this is also this which worsen hairloss , this is because of this treatment that i became selfconscious of hairloss , after reading the leaflet ( i was only 16 ) .
If i could come back in past i would avoid it in terms of hair , BUT for the skin this is just amazing .

So the second choice is retin a cream on your oily area,it is less powerful than accutane but gives great result for the forehead area . I don't use it on the cheek or other sensitive area because it tends to worsened those areas . so use it just on forehead bro

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
My plan is ;when the cure will be here with tsuji i will do one more round of accutane ( low dose ) to destroy all my sebum production and have perfect skin .

g.i joey

Reaction score
@michel sapin again thanks a lot man, I actually have a family pharmacist who can hook me up with something like this.

So in terms of oily forehead, what is the exact name of the cream that I need so that I can call and ask for it today? Retin a .05%?

g.i joey

Reaction score
@michel sapin so my pharmacist ordered me stieva a .05% cream due to retin a being discontinued apparently... can you confirm this is the correct cream?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i just checked and this is some tretinoin so this is the stuff!
but use small quantite at first .
I remind that when i was 13 and i started using it i got huge burns and was really desesperate ( again ^^) because of this

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checking in with this issue. I washed my hair a few hours ago but already the hairline area is excessively oily and greasy to the touch. Do people think this contributes to loss? What is it, excessive sebum?? Is there a way to stop this because surely this isn't helping loss.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro trust me on this i am an expert , i have oily forehead since teen .
and i use retin a cream on my forehead since i am 13 ( i am 24 now) .
And this is the best thing for this . use it each night before bed.
(Another great solution is accutane 5 mg daily but this is too harsh for us with diffuse thinning )

View attachment 66901here is the cream i use in france ( you need a prescription ) ; 0.05%tretinoin
What are your thoughts on differin?