Oh-flutamide Stopped My Hairloss, Possibly The Best Topical Aa

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of big thanks to @hemingway_the_mercenary for introducing me to this anti-androgen. This is a very important discovery for the hairloss community.

I've been battling androgenetic alopecia since i was 23. I immediately started to use minoxidil and topical spironolactone 5% cream which was having an effect for about a year and a half before the shedding was picking up speed again. I then switched to Ru58841 which was able to slow the hairloss considerably for years but which required me to frequently up the dosage. In 2018-2019 i was using 150 mg ED and i was still gradually losing hair so i added topical finasteride which in retroperspectiv, didn't make that much of a difference. I still had mild scalp itching and 50-60 hairs shedding in the sink after towelling it. My libido would also fluctuate like crazy. My hair was clearly thinning at the temples.

My hairloss appears to be moderat in nature, but over the last 7 years the hair follicles appears to have gotten more sensitive to the androgens in the scalp which is a normal part of the aging process. This made me realize continueing ru and topical finasteride would be senseless so i stumbled over hemingway's thread on oh-flute and decided to go with it. And it 's been working great since.

Basically, two months of 50 mg topical Oh-flutamide 2x ED (about each 10-12 hour) have completely calmed my scalp, no itching, shedding down to 10-15 hairs in the sink. The thinned hair follicles at the temples appears to have gotten some more robust. Side effects are mild loss in libido and delayed ejeculation. No erection problems. The sides were worse with ru and topical finasteride.

At worst this treatment have bought me months before the shedding picks up again, but seeing how far into this disease i am and how great this stuff works on only 100 mg a day, makes me believe i would be able to maintain for a long time. Whatever it is, everyone not getting effect from finasteride or don't want to use it, should try this asap. This may be the best stop-gap we will have before a permanent cure is available.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Must impact test if there’s a libido side? Haven’t heard too much about this option. Recently added RU to my Topical Finasteride and it’s not doing much. Would love to drop both... for one safer topical option.

Reaction score
I've been assuming that this was being used as an oral medication. I see now that Telogen mentioned he uses it topically, not orally. I guess that makes it relatively safe, assuming it does not have a high systemic absorption rate.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been assuming that this was being used as an oral medication. I see now that Telogen mentioned he uses it topically, not orally. I guess that makes it relatively safe, assuming it does not have a high systemic absorption rate.
There is some systemic absorption, like with anything else you apply to the scalp, but judging by the mild side effects i'm experiencing on 100 mg, it must be low. I mean, according to hemingway's thread , oh-flut have a half life around 5-6 hours and is several times more potent then RU. Still, i get less side effects on it which shouldn't be the case as RU only have a half life of 1 hour and thus less systemic build up. I guess it boils down to how Oh-flut competes with testosteron in the body.

Price shouldn't be an issue for most as RU + topical finasteride costs more to run then oh-flut 100 mg ed.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying some oh flut to replace RU- where do you buy it? Also what vehicle are you using?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It go systemic . A none sense.
No one dispute it may go systemic which it certainly does. The whole point of using oh- flut instead of other options is how it combines the characteristics of RU (few sides) and Darolutamide (potency) without the drawbacks. That's what makes this drug so important.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one dispute it may go systemic which it certainly does. The whole point of using oh- flut instead of other options is how it combines the characteristics of RU (few sides) and Darolutamide (potency) without the drawbacks. That's what makes this drug so important.
as a pharmacyst and a person who have being " fighting " his own Androgenetic Alopecia for the last 23 years ( :( ) using a drug that reduce your erections, muscle, libido, etc, is a none sense. And I have being taking almost everything you can thing about ( all legal, no RU, etc ) .

jazz1

Reaction score
Where do you buy Flutamide or mix this for topical use? I last heard good stuff when genhair use to sell this mixture but closed years ago and people always wanted topical flutamide.......

jazz1

Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying some oh flut to replace RU- where do you buy it? Also what vehicle are you using?

I would like to know as well please......

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
as a pharmacyst and a person who have being " fighting " his own Androgenetic Alopecia for the last 23 years ( :( ) using a drug that reduce your erections, muscle, libido, etc, is a none sense. And I have being taking almost everything you can thing about ( all legal, no RU, etc ) .
So you’re saying it’s impossible to regrow hair without sides