Official Hellouser To Kyoto Hair Congress 2017 Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@d3nt3dsh0v3l is it a sure thing that it will come out? I'm not lurking around here so much + I'm not really a pro in hairloss research, that's why I'm asking. Wouldn't mind if it takes 5-10 years
Tsuji's been on track for Japan 2020 release. I of course can't speak to the future in absolute terms, but his data seems very promising and he has shown competency in solving problems also. In other words, he's serious. And Japan is serious too, about marketing after phase II, unlike the US. The chances are very high. Though the actual time to widespread marketing is not 2020, that's just the initial release. That's why many members of this forum, including myself, consider perhaps a few years after 2020 the effective date. Unless you can be one of the lucky early guys or something.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50 years of salary? There's no way this procedure would cost this much, if so there would only be a few people out there that would pay that amount (unless you're assuming d3nt makes like no money).

It could very well approach the $100K mark when you consider traveling to Japan, staying there for 3 or so weeks (or traveling back and forth, since it will take ~ 3 weeks to culture the cells), etc. Plus, it will only be offered in a small scale at first, and treatments are always more expensive in the beginning. Especially if pricing is structured like transplants, since they'll be using surgeons to implant the follicles IIRC.

Who knows if they'll start the US or Euro approval process quickly, if ever, but if so it might be easier to just wait and get it there.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
It could very well approach the $100K mark when you consider traveling to Japan, staying there for 3 or so weeks (or traveling back and forth, since it will take ~ 3 weeks to culture the cells), etc. Plus, it will only be offered in a small scale at first, and treatments are always more expensive in the beginning. Especially if pricing is structured like transplants, since they'll be using surgeons to implant the follicles IIRC.

Who knows if they'll start the US or Euro approval process quickly, if ever, but if so it might be easier to just wait and get it there.
I recall them saying that they are going to personally pick experienced surgeons who will be providing the treatment when it first comes to market. So on top of travel cost, paying for the "cloning" process itself, you're gonna have to pay an experienced Japense hair transplant to transplant thousands of grafts. It's definitely gonna be expensive and be out of reach for most people in terms of cost.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would they be able to get around marketing for Europe and the US by taking a biopsy in your home country, then sending them to Japan for the cloning process to happen (presumably done by Riken Obviously..) and then sending them back to your home country afterwards to be transplanted by a hair transplant surgeon ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back in Canada and already back at work in my day job... yeah, time off in this country is horrible;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country

Anyway, I'm pretty exhausted, sleeping like 9+ hours a day and I still can't gather myself, barely functional at work. I'll get around to sharing all the stuff ASAP. I'll start off with a generic post and then go through Day 1, 2 then 3... etc.

Appreciate it man. I agree. Best way to go about this is to give us the big takeaways now and details later

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing there was no eureka or blockbuster moment at the congress because hellouser would have shared something like THAT by now. :(

You were one of those depressed kids that had a mental breakdown right before getting his test grade, right? Relax, dude:)

alexdaniels

Reaction score
Hellouser please just tell us if shiseido/replicel reported any results of their phase II trial and if they are still on track for a commercial release in Japan sometime next year. I would imagine it was touched on given the conference was in Japan and there were representatives from shiseido in attendance.

H

Reaction score
I just kinda wanna know about ol' Tsuj and friends if he doesn't make it ill honestly have to admit defeat. I'm not applicable for anything else as nothing else is going to be that satisfying at growing new hair but even if they dont make it I am hopeful for the guys who just need maintainance sounds like you guys will be alright in my opinion.

abra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if hell had something really exciting to share, he would have done it by now.
Probably its more or less the same thing which anyways was expected.

efedrez

Reaction score
Back in Canada and already back at work in my day job... yeah, time off in this country is horrible;

Anyway, I'm pretty exhausted, sleeping like 9+ hours a day and I still can't gather myself, barely functional at work. I'll get around to sharing all the stuff ASAP. I'll start off with a generic post and then go through Day 1, 2 then 3... etc.

Hellouser, thank you so much for all you hard work! I’m looking forward to your posts

If hair scientists had your dedication we would all be Norwood 1 by now

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't we have a detailed report by now? What's taking so long? We demand answers!
Ho! Just kidding Hellouser. Hope you had a good trip and got to sample some world class sushi. Safe travels.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

At least you don't live in the US. As that Wikipedia page shows, we have no minimum leave/vacation time.

Some of us are working 60 hours a week for OT pay to get ourselves financially positioned to travel to Japan for treatment. Any info you have regarding RCH-01 would be much obliged. Thank you again for your hard work.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
it would be nice to even hear a small recap of the most interesting treatment coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.