Official Hellouser To Kyoto Hair Congress 2017 Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I understand that. But some donation pages are forfeited unless the goal is reached completely.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how is this going to work Hellouser? Are you going to try and find a way to make the conference live and film the whole thing? Anyway you can explain the process a bit?

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we going to get informations throughout the conference or are there going to be informations summed up in one long post after 3. November? If it's the latter, when can we expect your gathered informations? Just to know when to get back here

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we going to get informations throughout the conference or are there going to be informations summed up in one long post after 3. November? If it's the latter, when can we expect your gathered informations? Just to know when to get back here

I'm going to TRY to have stuff posted daily, but the congress has a wealth of information and presentations, so it's going to be a bit of work putting out all the info.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I understand that. But some donation pages are forfeited unless the goal is reached completely.

So if we don't reach $5000, then all the money is returned to the donator and you're left with 0?

Well we're more than 1/3 of the way there and I don't think there's been too much of a push to get the donations there. But I've gone ahead and locked down the flight and the entrance ahead of schedule, so I'm definitely going to have to go.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how is this going to work Hellouser? Are you going to try and find a way to make the conference live and film the whole thing? Anyway you can explain the process a bit?

I'll be doing interviews with researchers and posting them later. Day one or two I should have all or close to all of the scientific posters shared. Throughout the congress I'll be dropping some news here and there for sure, but in the end I'll have a full in depth wrap-up like last time;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/full-summary-of-hair-congress-2015.96835/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you don't need anything? You're in Mississauga, I'm in the GTA if you PM me your email I can email transfer you 200 dollars if that helps. Assuming you use online banking

Check PM!!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see some of the usual Histogen, Riken, or Follica there, am I just missing their names?

One of Riken's researchers is definitely there, I've mentioned him in my list of questions. Dr. Cotsarelis will be there as well (Follica).

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does not cost $6000 USD to go to Japan for a week. You can do it for closer to $3000 for flights, accommodation and food. I know because my family has visited me here several times for around that cost. Rail pass, stay in hostels like Ks house or deluxe capsule rooms, food in Japan isn't too expensive. As long as you don't go shopping for apples, melons or peaches and don't stay in expensive hotels it's very doable.
It also doesn't really make sense to send Hellouser from Canada. It would make more sense to have him relay the information to someone living in Japan and have then volunteer. Hellouser is of course more knowledgeable than most, personable and conducts interviews to a professional standard, but specifically his presence isn't an absolute requirement. Questions can be relayed. There are several people who could be contacted and requested (not me personally) to go to the conference without having to raise over $1000 for plane tickets.
What's more, this won't speed up the R&D process. It will just relay some information early. I expect that press releases from all the players will follow the conference, so at least some new information should be released regardless.
Fighting hairloss is expensive, and many are saving for Tsuji Riken's probably extremely expensive hair primordium treatment.
Please don't be disappointed with your fellow sufferers, we're all just trying to make the best decisions within the resources and information available to us. Some posters may be quite wealthy, but many have to weigh up their existing treatment, future treatment savings and living expenses against the prospect of obtaining information earlier.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does not cost $6000 USD to go to Japan for a week. You can do it for closer to $3000 for flights, accommodation and food. I know because my family has visited me here several times for around that cost. Rail pass, stay in hostels like Ks house or deluxe capsule rooms, food in Japan isn't too expensive. As long as you don't go shopping for apples, melons or peaches and don't stay in expensive hotels it's very doable.
It also doesn't really make sense to send Hellouser from Canada. It would make more sense to have him relay the information to someone living in Japan and have then volunteer. Hellouser is of course more knowledgeable but his presence isn't a requirement. Questions can be relayed. There are several people who could be contacted and requested (not me personally) to go to the conference without having to raise over $1000 for plane tickets.
What's more, this won't speed up the R&D process. It will just relay some information early. I expect that press releases from all the players will follow the conference, so at least some new information should be released regardless.
Fighting hairloss is expensive, and many are saving for Tsuji Riken's probably extremely expensive hair primordium treatment.
Please don't be disappointed with your fellow sufferers, we're all just trying to make the best decisions within the resources and information available to us. Some posters may be quite wealthy, but many have to weigh up their existing treatment, future treatment savings and living expenses against the prospect of obtaining information earlier.

The funds are in Canadian dollars, 5,200 CAD is roughly $4,000 USD (it's also a worst case scenario). The entrance fee for the congress isn't cheap, it's roughly $670 USD.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah I see in that case it is a reasonable estimate if you're being conservative. Have you attempted to reach out to anybody in this or other hair loss communities that is living in Japan as a representative at the conference? There's bound to be someone, and it would be a lot cheaper.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah I see in that case it is a reasonable estimate if you're being conservative. Have you attempted to reach out to anybody in this or other hair loss communities that is living in Japan as a representative at the conference? There's bound to be someone, and it would be a lot cheaper.

Well, this thread has been around for about half a year and we haven't had anyone in Japan capable of doing it all. So... I guess I'll take one for the team.

And yes, I'm trying to keep things to a minimum on expenses; camera gear and voice recorder I'm using all my own stuff. Food I'm not going to ask for donations for that, lol. It's not like I don't have that expense in Canada so it shouldn't count. Just the flight, hotel, entrance and train from Tokyo to Kyoto.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's surprising. It needn't even be someone from the hair loss community, anybody living that'sliving in Kyoto and has no work on those days could do it... Maybe for next time it would be worth exploring cheaper options.
Well regardless, people have faith in you and for good reason, hopefully you can get some good information beyond what might be in press releases.

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's surprising. It needn't even be someone from the hair loss community, anybody living that'sliving in Kyoto and has no work on those days could do it... Maybe for next time it would be worth exploring cheaper options.
Well regardless, people have faith in you and for good reason, hopefully you can get some good information beyond what might be in press releases.

I am no expert on this stuff ,but i would say that is easier said than done.

1 You have no idea who the person is going to be. You at least need someone with decent social skills. Not just anybody can do it.

2 Someone with a decent knowledge on hairloss is required. Lets say we give him a list of question and on one of them a particual answer comes that may lead hellrouser to make an unlisted followup question which the other person may not. And that could lead to further insight.

3 The guy may do an extremely lazy job or pull out right before the conference.

4 Considering the job unless you get very lucky its still going to cost imho. You pay for convinience. Definetly cheaper though. The problem is that you wont have an easy time convincing a guy to do this on behalf of an hairloss forum. They will definetly be skeptic. Most people would definetly ask at least half the payment before the job considering that it kind of looks shady bussiness. This could also lead to them taking the money and not doing the job. Good look retrieving that back.

You pay more,but have a guarantee that the job is done correctly.

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am no expert on this stuff ,but i would say that is easier said than done.

1 You have no idea who the person is going to be. You at least need someone with decent social skills. Not just anybody can do it.

2 Someone with a decent knowledge on hairloss is required. Lets say we give him a list of question and on one of them a particual answer comes that may lead hellrouser to make an unlisted followup question which the other person may not. And that could lead to further insight.

3 The guy may do an extremely lazy job or pull out right before the conference.

4 Considering the job unless you get very lucky its still going to cost imho. You pay for convinience. Definetly cheaper though. The problem is that you wont have an easy time convincing a guy to do this on behalf of an hairloss forum. They will definetly be skeptic. Most people would definetly ask at least half the payment before the job considering that it kind of looks shady bussiness. This could also lead to them taking the money and not doing the job. Good look retrieving that back.

You pay more,but have a guarantee that the job is done correctly.

To sum this up, hellouser did his job last time. He'll get it done this time. Someone getting his job done for sure is worth the money. Or do you want to send Fuji?

maomao

Reaction score

It's more than just asking set questions though, the person also needs to fully understand the answers to be able to ask follow ups, etc etc.

I'm in Japan that time for example, but would be useless trying to follow any of the science!

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, this thread has been around for about half a year and we haven't had anyone in Japan capable of doing it all. So... I guess I'll take one for the team.

And yes, I'm trying to keep things to a minimum on expenses; camera gear and voice recorder I'm using all my own stuff. Food I'm not going to ask for donations for that, lol. It's not like I don't have that expense in Canada so it shouldn't count. Just the flight, hotel, entrance and train from Tokyo to Kyoto.
It'll be so interesting to read and hear what so many pioneers in this industry have to say on many interesting questions and it's so enjoyable to be able to have it served on a platter by yourself in such a presentable way. Looking forward to visiting this forum in the upcoming time period of apprx 1 months :p So...

I'm very grateful to you for the job you have already done, and for the one you are about to do! I cannot say/write this enough... It's really very, very kind of you to do this and I personally think you should even be paid a wage for it, not to say have expenses covered. Of course, that is my opinion...but I don't think I write for myself only in this sense :)

Thank you man! Will prolly chip in more as we approach the date.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.