Off Topic: Woman dies from lung cancer after doctors dismiss symptoms as "anxiety"

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[h=5]Don't ever let your doctor tell you anything without thoroughly proving his "opinion" first. If he wont run the tests you want, find someone who will. This kind of thing is all too common in the medical world. And it needs to stop. Power to the public with sites like HairLossTalk. Educate yourself.
[/h]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...mptoms-anxiety-depression.html?forumid=331851

University professor, 37, dies from lung cancer after string of doctors dismissed symptoms as 'anxiety and depression'

doctors dismissed her symptoms as psychological

'What the consultant told us was that not only was it the c-word, but that it was everywhere.

'My brain, my bones, my liver. While in some ways this was a terrible surprise, in another it was a huge relief.
'For the last year I'd been battling a range of bizarre and seemingly disparate symptoms that had forced me in September 2011 to go on sick leave from my job as a lecturer (assistant professor).

'The diagnosis at the time was anxiety and/or depression. And while I was both anxious and depressed, this was due to the increasingly disabling symptoms that my doctor kept insisting were purely psychological.

'I can't prove it, and this is just my opinion, but I have no doubt in my own mind that my misdiagnosis was in large part due to the fact that I was a middle aged female and that my male doctors were preconceived towards a psychological rather than a physiological diagnosis.

'It is so easy to say that someone's symptoms are "anxiety" related if they are a little bit complicated, unclear or unusual.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
This happened to my sister. She's now permanently deaf in one ear because doctors misdiagnosed her as just having 'congestion' or wax build up...