Obsidian's Story - (age 21) *** UPDATE***

Obsidian

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
how are things, dude?

Definitely thinner and seeing my future pattern but not bald..Yet. I'll do more of an update later tonight.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:
how are things, dude?

Definitely thinner and seeing my future pattern but not bald..Yet. I'll do more of an update later tonight.

First off thanks for coming back and letting us know,

Second off, what treatments are you on? Still using liquid minoxidil... No finasteride still?

Thanks

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
i have used finasteride 5mg, and no side effects :woot:

pets93

Reaction score
So I've been through the whole thread now, watching all of your pics.

If I even ever get any close to as good hair as you have, I'll be a very, very happy man.

There's NOTHING wrong with your hair. It looks amazingly good.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:
how are things, dude?

Hey man, care to update and answer my question above.

Thanks for your time, greatly.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Sorry about that, work just always seems to keep me busy with work. Anyway things are much thinner and my temples/sides are heavily damaged. Definitely an NW3, with significant thinning in the NW3A area and thinning in the NW5 area. minoxidil is holding some but minoxidil alone is like using a bucket to get water out of a boat that is sinking, got to plug that hole.

I think I am going to give Propecia/proscar one last shot and if it doesn't work, just call it a day. I'll still keep using minoxidil but I think eventually i'll get to my Grandfather's hair loss position one day.

pets93

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Anyway things are much thinner and my temples/sides are heavily damaged. Definitely an NW3, with significant thinning in the NW3A area and thinning in the NW5 area.

Man why do u say that your hair is obviously not nw3 based upon the last pictures you posted. Your hair looks very good man, i would be so lucky if I had anywhere close to what you got.

Perhaps you could upload some new pictures? I'm very sure it still looks solid and in worste case scenario you're a NW2 but I doubt that.

Take care!

FairHared

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is Obsidian. If someone could host the pictures from me to how you guys how bad my hair has gotten since stopping finasteride in October/November of 2010. I would appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

IYjQV0f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

July/August 2011
lYjQV0f.jpg

December 2011
bbzjHUX.jpg

August 2012
l6zn77c.jpg

Late july 2013 (start of the shed)
LOnVrTA.jpg

KJNRRcW.jpg

Last week
rHWZDLG.png

The photo that made me gasp
hBN9DAY.jpg

Taken this morning
3xvNAEO.jpg

PN00Ty8.jpg

So, how bad is it? Am I too late to save it?

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you guys think I am? NW3-3.5?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add foam along with liquid. Add topical spironolactone and add ru and add finasteride.

Then your doing all you can..

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Congrats on the baby if its yours. Your hairstyle back in Dec 2011 looks like no hair loss. Looks like you just have a diffuse hairline.

sad17yrold

Reaction score
not expecting an update, but would be cool if there was any more progress pics 2 years later? are you bald? or maintaining?

DarkBusiness

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious, if you ever came back to check your thread, I will be more than interested to know at where did you reach? what treatment are you on? and what sides you had/you facing. Been checking your thread for years...