not washing hair with shampoo

Vega

Reaction score
does anyone else out there find that if they just wash their hair with water and do not use any shampoo product at all that it actually looks thicker? thats what seems to be the case, although it needs to be washed everyday to make sure its clean. not sure why this might be

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Washing your hair with just water may be good for the first few times but you need shampoo to clean the pores. PH balanced shampoos help to balance the minerals in the water else there could be bad adverse affects on your hair.

G

I wash my hair in Yak wank twice a year, it looks so thick and lustrous afterwards.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
avoid any shampoo containing SLS. Just common sense. It has many negative effects, not just on the hair.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
why? There is evidence to support the idea that certain types of shampoo are detrimental to hair, long term. Read up on SLS.

G

ShedMaster said:
not many shampoos without SLS. What shampoo to do you use that doesn't contain it?

JASON shampoos do not contain SLS.

rockandroll

Reaction score
Read this: http://www.dailybread.co.uk/north/sls.htm

This further confirms what one of my best friends, who is currently getting a chemistry-related Phd, told me. It is a dangerous substance. It's NOT in the amounts found in shampoos. It's like chlorine in tap water. If it weren't in water, it would kill you. Since it is, it doesn't. Some substances are only adverse if taken in certain quantities or environments, and SLS/SLES both seem to be part of that. no need to get paranoid about the shampoo industry destroying our scalps yet.

Yes, I know that it's not a scientific link. But I can't have my friend fly over to your place and tell you in person!