Not to be a prick

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hopeandpray said:
If you were offered this. You go to bed tonight with a 95% chance you wake up with a full head of hair for life, or 5% chance you don't wake up..hum

that deal sounds like my 2ml Xandrox 15%, spironolactone, Folligen night time set up.

Chris Johnson

Reaction score
I can understand where amrod is coming from. Going through male pattern baldness at his age is a very difficult thing especially considering how cruel kids can be.

Random, spare us the holier than thou attitude. If what amrod says bothers you so much then simply ignore him. He probably deals with enough name calling off of these boards without you having to shoot him down.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see howbeing on treatmens is any problem if you are over puberty. I have no sexual issues and feel great. What's the big deal with people and finasteride?

G

random said:
I was not attacking Amrod because of his age, rather his attitude 'I'd rather die than go bald'.

Some of my friends have near-fatal conditions. A 19 year old friend of mine has liver cancer, and a 21 year old friend of mine has a serious heart condition; no drinking or sports for him.

If any of those people heard someone say 'I'd rather die than go bald' when he's got nothing else wrong with him, and he's just suffering from a cosmetic (albeit degrading) condition, they would probably take all of ten seconds to knock him out & I wouldn't blame them.

When the worse comes to the worse, ultimately the only real drawback of hairloss is loss of confidence & attraction to the opposite sex. You can still work, go out, enjoy yourself etc.

Spare a minute for the people our age (yes, Im 20) who can't even do that.

That is why you are pathetic Amrod

Do these same friends of yours 'knock' you out when you brag about the ecstasy and amphetamines that you often take?

G

I don't know what your talking about? You sure your not thinking of someone else?

G

random said:
I don't know what your talking about? You sure your not thinking of someone else?

No definitely you. Maybe you are getting memeory loss as well.

random said:
you seen people who cant sweat properly comin down from x? not a nice sight :p

as for me, i cannot STAND the acrid sweat I give off after a nite on the pills, its disgusting chemical sweat even makes ME ill, I cant imagine what it must be like for other people

end result == best to keep important bits of your body :p

random said:
ECSTASY AND finasteride

I am not sure if it's just me, but everytime I've combined ecstasy and finasteride, I've experienced the most EXCRUCAITING PAIN in my testicles while peaking.

Now, I'm not sure whether was from the pills or the acid or the alcohol or just a finasteride moment but it nearly made me pass out :-S

random said:
it killed my headache

I don't know why but for some reason I find it useful after an e comedown? Anyone else discovered this?

random said:
This is no way a 'woe is my' story. I DO NOT want your sympathy. Anyway:

When I was 17 I started taking methamphetamine. I started getting addicted to it. I then got thrown out of my house. I suffered heart conditions due to overdosing on it too frequently. A heart problem at 18! You compare that to your hair loss worries. I was living on the streets, f*cked up health, complterly broke, maxed out credit cards that I never bothered to repay, a credit rating so bad I COULDNT EVEN GET A CONTRACT MOBILE PHONE, crackhead 'friends' that would sell me in to get their next fix then finally watching my drunk girlfriend-at-the-time f*** her coke dealer at a party, in front of many people, for a line of cocaine.

Am I upset? No. All those experiences made me SO much stronger. Having been through hell, I have emerged with the self-confidence and self-esteem to handle ANYTHING. That is why hair-loss, no matter how advanced, will never affect me to the extent it has affected a lot of you.

(rant over)

If that ain't you - someone has nicked your login ID.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair is puby AND thin due to male pattern baldness!!

LOL!!!

LOL!

aaah, its sucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad i cant do anything but laugh.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been balding since im 15--im now 23 almost 24-and im still not that bad-if you cant accept your hair loss why should we?f**k if it ever gets that bad im going for cosmetic surgery or a hair system--ive had my hair shedding nightmares but if it werent for minoxidil id probably be 10 times thinner than i am now..so if youre 15 and youre losing your hair, the best thing to do now is to get on a hair loss regimen-im not saying go pop propecia--wait like 5 years for that (im still not taking it)but at least get on minoxidil, take some good vitamins to make your existing hair healthy (even if the dht makes it fall out, at least it will look healthy), take saw palmetto, buy some nizoral shampoo,etc...it definitely buys you time..as i know from experience..the first time i went off minoxidil 5 %, 8 months later i was shedding like no tomorrow...i guess i didnt realize how much it helped keep what i have...a year later---on minoxidil 5% with retin-a this time--my hair hasnt looked this good in 2 years, not to say it looks very good anyway lol, if it did, i wouldnt be on this forum--point is you never have to call it quits unless your hair loss is that far gone, so if you use at least minoxidil 5%, youll be okay..these drugs are optimum for maintenance and slight regrowth as it is, so if youre just starting out, even better chances for you to stay as you are, ofcourse, if youre that young, youll probably quit it for like a couple years, then when you turn 18, itll be sligtly worse, then youll get more serious about it, get on minoxidil again and stay at that point--or go through something similar to that..either way you look at it...youre slowing your hair loss down- you NEVER have to completely throw in the towel, even if youve let yourself go too far--unless it no longer matters to you--i mean lets face it, it is only hair, and in regard to that post with the guy who said hed rather die than go bald, i think you need to seriously grow up--it is ONLY hair, and while i am a vain mofo-i know its not that serious--and i have full confidence in my looks(my boss even came on to me today lol) and keep in mind you never have to go bald, theres always something you can do about it, even if it means getting surgery or a hair system--confidence has gotten people more attracted to me with my thinning mane, than it ever did when i practically had a fro of wavy, curly hair-we make a big deal over our hair and our inability to get all those great styles we see on those guys and so on, but those who have the hair dont care-and hair isnt the end-all for someone being attracted to you either--i used to have REALLY thick hair--it was annoying and curly--now its limp and while my balding spot isnt as big as it used to be, itll never get to that point again, i still get me some hotties when i want it tho and in the end if youre worried about your looks, thats all that matters..lets face it guys, our desire to have hair is based on our desire to have these great looks, and that stems from wanting to get laid with good looking people--lol--and you dont have to have hair to be great looking either--you just gotta know you have what it takes and a nice face and a decent body..and if anyone is lookin at the back of your head, they have the problem, not you,unless you or them are doing it doggy style, anyone scrutinizing the back of someones head needs to get a life, and that includes us hair loss folk as well, me included lol

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
rather die, well.. if he's just venting then it's ok, it's easy to say really harsh things. but at the same time, I can see how this would piss certain people off.

amrod - you've been given what you've been given, accept it. do you have any balding or bald friends who get laid and have fun, I know a few. we'll be one of those if it happens.

hopefully taking propecia for 20 years isn't too damaging for a person, that's my plan anyway. i'm considering taking it for a few years and if everything gets better. i'll stop. and when things start to get bad again, i'll take it once again. is that a stupid idea?

anyway, good luck mate.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
if youre so worried about propecia get on minoxidil--nothin much to expect except alittle dandruff and some maintenance and some regrowth--if taking propecia for 20 years was really bad, they probably wouldnt prescribe it to anyone to begin with, since most men dont say "okay, i wanna have my hair for the next 5 years, after that, let it go"men who are balding at 30 or 35 or 40 want their hair just as much as us people in their early twenties or younger, otherwise, they probably wouldnt have looked into the treatment to begin with, but it isnt do or die with propecia--ive had decent success using just minoxidil, nizoral, saw palmetto, and other hair supplements...and i really abuse my hair-color it, bleach it, re-dye it, rebleach it, and re-dye it all the time lol..searching for ways to make it look better, and after all that abuse, my hair loss still has stabilized so th eminoxidil must be doing something-its a surprise i have any hair left on my head lol