Not to be a prick

hopeandpray

Reaction score
But don't you think if you are like 19 or below you shouldn't start taking all these drugs. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I couldn't imagine starting proscar that I bought online for the next 12 years. Just can't be good for the body. Rogaine does not seem as bad. If I'm 19 and I'm starting to lose it, I'd probably just do rogaine then hope for better transplants in the next 5 years. I'm 28, been on Proscar for 1 1/2 with decent results, figure I'll take it till maybe 32 then I really hope I just stop. Just can't be heathly dumping these pills in our body year after year. It's weird seeing dudes that our 17 on here. Thoughts?

arhumuk

Reaction score
you're absolutely right. That why I decided to go for revivogen, now I pray that it works if it does then I would be comfortable with using it on a longterm basis.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been balding since 15 im 19 now

id rather have the sideeffects even if it caused me DEATH id die with a full head of hair

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
if you started receding at 15, then you should just accept your fate and go bald. Whether you take 50 drugs or none, you probably be bald by 30 ;) good luck.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
heh i can accept some things this isnt one.

im not going bald i dont give a sh*t.

im dying wth a full head of hair.

G

There are other options and I'm sure he will be straight in for HM if it ever happens.

Don't attack people like that it's unjustified.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
good point Neiltom. It's bad enough losing your hair at any age, but before you turn 20, is just not fair. At 25 and over it gets a lot easier, but I see no reason not to use treatments if your 20, everyone should be entitled to enjoy that part of thier lives.

Axon

Reaction score
WithTheLidOff said:
good point Neiltom. It's bad enough losing your hair at any age, but before you turn 20, is just not fair. At 25 and over it gets a lot easier, but I see no reason not to use treatments if your 20, everyone should be entitled to enjoy that part of thier lives.

I'm 26...and it still sucks. :)

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im 17, think about your teenage years passing with hairloss and thinning, worst sh*t for me but i use minoxidil and msm so i hope i will keep my hair like this until im 20 to start to finasteride ...

VWdude

Reaction score
lets face it, balding just flat out sucks no matter how old you are.. but balding at a young age sucks more than balding in your 30's.

btw this thread is amazing.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
"Propecia is indicated for the treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in MEN ONLY . Safety and efficacy were demonstrated in men between 18 to 41 years of age with mild to moderate hair loss of the vertex and anterior mid-scalp area."

It is approved to take at age 18, so you dont have to wait until 20.

PS> 30 is still young ... "30 is the new 20",... that's what we tell ourselves, anyway. You won't feel any different when you are 30, or 50 for that matter, but hopefully will be more settled socially and have a few more mental resources to make changes like thinning easier.

G

I was not attacking Amrod because of his age, rather his attitude 'I'd rather die than go bald'.

Some of my friends have near-fatal conditions. A 19 year old friend of mine has liver cancer, and a 21 year old friend of mine has a serious heart condition; no drinking or sports for him.

If any of those people heard someone say 'I'd rather die than go bald' when he's got nothing else wrong with him, and he's just suffering from a cosmetic (albeit degrading) condition, they would probably take all of ten seconds to knock him out & I wouldn't blame them.

When the worse comes to the worse, ultimately the only real drawback of hairloss is loss of confidence & attraction to the opposite sex. You can still work, go out, enjoy yourself etc.

Spare a minute for the people our age (yes, Im 20) who can't even do that.

That is why you are pathetic Amrod

Axon

Reaction score
Random, I understand you feel strongly about this, but please keep the flaming to a minimum.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Wezz said:
im 17, think about your teenage years passing with hairloss and thinning, worst sh*t for me but i use minoxidil and msm so i hope i will keep my hair like this until im 20 to start to finasteride ...

Keep on the minoxidil and msm, add nizoral shampoo and possibly spironolactone topical and hold on until you are 18, which is the age propecia is approved for.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
random, you're a f*****g moron.

amrod is dealing with this at an age when most of us didn't need to worry about it. the guy is just venting. he's pissed off - who doesn't get pissed off over this sh*t.

so don't give him some kind of pathetic guilt trip just for being human

once again random, you're a f*****g moron. that is all.

hopeandpray

Reaction score
If you were offered this. You go to bed tonight with a 95% chance you wake up with a full head of hair for life, or 5% chance you don't wake up..hum

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
random said:
I was not attacking Amrod because of his age, rather his attitude 'I'd rather die than go bald'.

Some of my friends have near-fatal conditions. A 19 year old friend of mine has liver cancer, and a 21 year old friend of mine has a serious heart condition; no drinking or sports for him.

If any of those people heard someone say 'I'd rather die than go bald' when he's got nothing else wrong with him, and he's just suffering from a cosmetic (albeit degrading) condition, they would probably take all of ten seconds to knock him out & I wouldn't blame them.

When the worse comes to the worse, ultimately the only real drawback of hairloss is loss of confidence & attraction to the opposite sex. You can still work, go out, enjoy yourself etc.

Spare a minute for the people our age (yes, Im 20) who can't even do that.

That is why you are pathetic Amrod

random - you have are terribly delusional when it comes to psychological perspective : i'll forgive you because you're 19: but you should probably wait until you've wisened up about life before giving your 2 cents