Not Sure I Care Enough To Start Finasteride.

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m not sure why I’m posting this... just been chewing it over the last few days. I have got the finasteride at home, ready to go!
I’m loosing my hair at the front, but I’m not sure I care enough, or am bothered enough to start the commitment to the drug, and to risk the possible side effects. I don’t really expect anyone to have any answers for me! Maybe the fact that I’m on this forum suggests that I do care more than I think... I’ve had a shaved head before and it suits me. However, My hair has been long for 80% of my life and ideally I’d like to keep it, but the thought of loosing it doesn’t make me depressed and I wouldn’t loose any confidence if I did...
anyone else feel like they’re in the same boat?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m not sure why I’m posting this... just been chewing it over the last few days. I have got the finasteride at home, ready to go!
I’m loosing my hair at the front, but I’m not sure I care enough, or am bothered enough to start the commitment to the drug, and to risk the possible side effects. I don’t really expect anyone to have any answers for me! Maybe the fact that I’m on this forum suggests that I do care more than I think... I’ve had a shaved head before and it suits me. However, My hair has been long for 80% of my life and ideally I’d like to keep it, but the thought of loosing it doesn’t make me depressed and I wouldn’t loose any confidence if I did...
anyone else feel like they’re in the same boat?
From my experience the tablet doesn't cause too much in the way of side effects so there's not a lot to lose. If you leave your hair for a few years and it gets worse you may regret not doing something sooner. I do.

Kamikazee

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t take the sh*t.

It’s toxic. Watery semen, ball ache, horrendous brain fog, weaker erections were all sides for me.

Wouldn’t touch the stuff again. If my hair goes it goes who knows what else that sh*t does - especially if it has that kind of pronound effect on the reproductive system.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just try it, if you get sides and they are unbearable for you then just stop.

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t take the sh*t.

It’s toxic. Watery semen, ball ache, horrendous brain fog, weaker erections were all sides for me.

Wouldn’t touch the stuff again. If my hair goes it goes who knows what else that sh*t does - especially if it has that kind of pronound effect on the reproductive system.

Come on mate! I didn’t post to talk about side effects! You’ve only got to search this forum to realise negative Side effects are probably the most discussed issue.
A lot of people have had great results with it.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dont care enough, because you arent bald enough

Trust me, when you will start seeing your scalp through hair you will do anything and more

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
You dont care enough, because you arent bald enough

Trust me, when you will start seeing your scalp through hair you will do anything and more

Yes mate, that’s very likely. I suppose the general advice, from people who have considerably less hair than me, is to act as soon as you notice thinning...???
Also, if I do start taking it, would you suggest I go straight in with the full 1mg tablet, or should I cut it in half?
Thanks for the advice lads.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes mate, that’s very likely. I suppose the general advice, from people who have considerably less hair than me, is to act as soon as you notice thinning...???
i didnt have ballz to jump on finasteride untill i looked balndess in the face, unill then i still beat around the bush just like you are right now

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, if I do start taking it, would you suggest I go straight in with the full 1mg tablet, or should I cut it in half?
Just go straight for the 1mg and you will be fine

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would guess most would wish they had done something straight away. I think back to my early thirties and I had a lot of hair but could see I was losing. It still didn't look too bad so you kind of forget about it. I think for me I wasn't sure how to order, how much it would cost...those kind of things. Also, feeling intimidated about ordering it..."is it extreme? Shouldn't I just accept this like a man?" Fast forward a few years and after the age of about 35/36 my hair really started to get worse. My hairline was receding a lot and I was having diffuse thinning all over. I now wish I had gone full-on for finasteride and min at that time...around 35 yrs old. Instead I waited and didn't start till I was like 38/39. Now it's unlikely I'll get that hair back. :-(

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t take the sh*t.

I'm taking it and I'm fine. If this guy wants to try it he will have to find out whether it gives him side effects on his own, nobody can predict it. The clinical studies show it is unlikely though.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would guess most would wish they had done something straight away. I think back to my early thirties and I had a lot of hair but could see I was losing. It still didn't look too bad so you kind of forget about it. I think for me I wasn't sure how to order, how much it would cost...those kind of things. Also, feeling intimidated about ordering it..."is it extreme? Shouldn't I just accept this like a man?" Fast forward a few years and after the age of about 35/36 my hair really started to get worse. My hairline was receding a lot and I was having diffuse thinning all over. I now wish I had gone full-on for finasteride and min at that time...around 35 yrs old. Instead I waited and didn't start till I was like 38/39. Now it's unlikely I'll get that hair back. :-(

Yep. I wish I had started sooner too.

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
i didnt have ballz to jump on finasteride untill i looked balndess in the face, unill then i still beat around the bush just like you are right now
From what I’ve just read in another post, it sounds like you are having some bad issues from finasteride... i think I’m doing too much reading!!!

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I’ve just read in another post, it sounds like you are having some bad issues from finasteride... i think I’m doing too much reading!!!
yeah, i do, probably either gona hop off and start minoxidil or try other drugs to counter estrogen activity.

still im saying that i was also scared shitless of potential sides of finasteride and didnt want to take it, untill i looked at my hair state and realized if not now, then ill be slick bald in 6 months time.

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, these are the pics I posted in another thread... just in case you wanted to chip in on the state of my hair!!!

Attachments

• 793E51CB-9620-4B26-8E44-A9773F43432E.jpeg
    793E51CB-9620-4B26-8E44-A9773F43432E.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 155
  • CDF7328C-DB0A-4341-8212-39BDE4F4D2B3.jpeg
    CDF7328C-DB0A-4341-8212-39BDE4F4D2B3.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 6C47FDDF-84C7-4188-B598-FFB9D1ABE521.jpeg
    6C47FDDF-84C7-4188-B598-FFB9D1ABE521.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 144

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have a good head of hair and even though I can't see the crown, I assume it's alright in that area. I think this would be the perfect time to take finastride. The worst thing you could do right now is contemplate back and forth for the next few month's while your recession continues, and then regret that you started it too late. If you feel like you're going to eventually end up taking it at some point in the future then don't waste any more time.

You might experience side effects, you might not. If you do then there's a good chance they'll go away over time. For me, the first 5 months was a pretty rough ride. My sex drive plummeted, mood was low and my mind was somewhere else. But these last few weeks I've returned to my old self again and feel fantastic and have also got my hair back.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have a good head of hair and even though I can't see the crown, I assume it's alright in that area. I think this would be the perfect time to take finastride. The worst thing you could do right now is contemplate back and forth for the next few month's while your recession continues, and then regret that you started it too late. If you feel like you're going to eventually end up taking it at some point in the future then don't waste any more time.

You might experience side effects, you might not. If you do then there's a good chance they'll go away over time. For me, the first 5 months was a pretty rough ride. My sex drive plummeted, mood was low and my mind was somewhere else. But these last few weeks I've returned to my old self again and feel fantastic and have also got my hair back.

How long did it take to notice a difference in your hair?