Not happy with couvre, dermmatch any better?

2guard

Reaction score
I've tried couvre and I'm not that happy with it. I mean, it's fine for just going out but it does come off pretty easy. I don't feel comfortable using it if I'm going to go to wrestling club. There's just too many opportunities for someone to rub it right off my head.

Is dermmatch any better for staying on? Anyone else out there using it while participating in contact sports?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using dermmatch lately. I love it. It really conceals and does not rub off. Just make sure you let it completely dry before you touch it, because it will definitely rub off then. I worked outside in the rain the other day and it still stayed on. I LOVE IT.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I have to buy this dermatch sh*t. Any idea where can we get it or do we have to order it online...Maan I have spent like a 100 bucks this month just on shipping...I hope they are available in some store.

BTW...Does it work good on the hairline ?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Thinneritgoes! said:
I've been using dermmatch lately. I love it. It really conceals and does not rub off. Just make sure you let it completely dry before you touch it, because it will definitely rub off then. I worked outside in the rain the other day and it still stayed on. I LOVE IT.

ditto.

salbeh99

Reaction score
Dermatch is not very user friendly,if i use the brush you can barely see the result on your hairline,any insights or should i use my fingertips

Hairbank

Reaction score
I've just started trying to use dermmatch at 5 months post-op from hair transplant #2. Still haven't gotten the hang of it. I think it's pretty easy to apply, but I may use too much because I get a chalky look to my hair. I tried wetting it after and toweling some out but to no avail. I've heard of putting it on dry..............tried that this morning and just ended up using my fingers to apply. It didn't work too bad. There seems to be a fine line between applying too much and not enough! I'd love some tips if anyone has any to share.

JamesB

Reaction score
Dermatch is great if you can get it to match your hair correctly. I've got light brown hair, but the light brown dermatch doesn't match it properly. To work around this, I apply it in a decent amount, run it thru and let it dry naturally. This seems faily important. If you blow dry it it never gets the natural look for some reason. Anyway, once its dry, I run my hands thru my hair for a few minutes just to take a bit off the dust off it. This calms the colour down a lot and makes it appear more natural.

Overall, dermatch is fantastic. Personally, I don't apply any to the scalp, just using it on the hair. That way if someody does see thru to the scalp its not going to look painted. Just my 2c..

Petchsky

Reaction score
Try Nanogen. That's the best IMO..