Not getting a toupe

CCS

Reaction score
I still have the option for later, but after seeing the redness leave my face for the last few days, I think think I look pretty good. I still want hair transplant to fill in my front a bit more, but I think I'm almost good enough to go hit on the ladies now. Obviously not the hottest ones.

I still recommend all the NW5's and anyone with a sharp smooth scalp to dense hair transition to get a piece of some kind. Even if you have to shave some diffuse hair, those hairs are much thinner than my grafts are. I just don't think I can be bothered to spend $100 per month and 10 minutes a day on something that is not perfect, when I think I am almost good enough and can fix up well with hair transplant.

The technology out there is good. You got to match a lot of stuff to your hair, and might need to buy more than one piece to get a perfect match. But the technology is good. Just attachment methods need a little improvement. Good luck guys. Hopefully I don't thin enough to need one. If I don't start making enough money for hair transplant I might get one again, or I might try my luck with my thin NW2. Pretty easy for a NW2 to learn not to worry about it.

I'm a guy who does not even bother with spironolactone or minoxidil or revivogen. I think all those sound like too much work. If you can handle those, you can easily handle a piece. If you like to gel your hair every day, a piece might not be that much more work if you do a skin perimeter.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A wise choice, good on you. Its too much commitment if i say so myself. Not only that but when your sides and and hair at the back of your head grow, your hair wont look even anymore and you will have to get it cut even regulary. The maintenance of wearing a hair system would practically take over your life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
I still have the option for later, but after seeing the redness leave my face for the last few days, I think think I look pretty good. I still want hair transplant to fill in my front a bit more, but I think I'm almost good enough to go hit on the ladies now. Obviously not the hottest ones.
:bravo:
Good now GTF on with it. You've got alot to learn about social interaction thats more of an issue for you than looks. Go out and test the waters.

CCS

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
A wise choice, good on you. Its too much commitment if i say so myself. Not only that but when your sides and and hair at the back of your head grow, your hair wont look even anymore and you will have to get it cut even regulary. The maintenance of wearing a hair system would practically take over your life.

I don't think it would take over your life. Maybe 20 minutes a day, hiding your extra pieces and glue where they won't be found, and having to change it once a day when no one is looking. If you are smooth NW5 you can wear it for a week and carefully shower with it on if you the right shampoo. I think a hair piece is a super smart choice for guys with more hair loss than I have. Just saying with my NW2, which has super thin temples and maybe 1/3 density on top with 1/2 density in the center, I still got my face framed pretty well and don't think I need a hair piece. I think having to shave my grafts every day would complicate the wearing process much more than someone who is just shaving some thin diffusing hairs. My grafts are course and healthy.

I am definitely going to get some FUE and some BHT later, when I get money. But for now I think I look good enough I can go hit on some women my own level and expect good results. I just got to avoid feeling insecure and trying to compensate by spending a lot of money on her. If I do spend money on her, it will be $5 her or there when I rent a movie for us to watch, or drive her somewhere to look at the stars. I've come to realize that if a woman is so much better looking than you that you have to spend $40 on dinner 2-3x per week, or spend that much money in other ways, just to keep her around you, then she will not have sex with you. It is normal for a woman you level not to want sex right away because she does not want to have sex and then you leave her. But the propper way to show interest is to be available when she calls and to spend time with her, not to spend lots of money on her is the only way to get her to be around you. I'll try to kiss them after the first outing or something, but not try to go much further than that until after the 3rd or 4th outing, and will celebrate our togetherness with a nice dinner after we have sex the first time.

The most important thing for me right now is to figure out how to keep my face from turning red all day. When it is flesh colored, I look 22. When it is read, I look 35. And not in a good way, but a sun damaged 35 look. I think my face color is much more important right now than my hair density.

EmoHurr

Reaction score
I don't see how having a hairpiece would be so hard to manage, I guess its the hairstyles that cause more complication then anything else. I plan to get a comb foward look to cover the hairline, so yes concealing the hairline would be important but wouldn't be so time consuming if you style it right. Anyway good luck on the hair transplant if you get it, like you said though I can't be bothered with the rip off prices they charge for something that might or might not work.

CCS

Reaction score
It is true the grafts may or may not grow. At least with a hair piece, you can take it off and try a different one.

The only hard part about it is if the hair angles don't match yours, you got to fight it to make it match, often with gel. But once they get it right, just have them replicate that one several times. Well, once first, so you can see if they are able to replicate. Then 5 more once they do a good job on that one.

Like I said, shaving my grafts daily would be a bother. Attaching the edge perfectly does take some learning. I did not figure it out during the week or two I was trying. Easy to give up early if you don't get that down. Though if you get a stock peice that does not match your head, I think it would be impossible to make it sit right.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting a piece isn't too hard to manage but it does take some time to get used to wearing and more importantly takes some time to get it looking OK. I think once you have your wearing routine down, for most people I think adding 20 min extra a day on your hair is realistic (that's including time spent changing it once a week). You will go through painful periods before you get it right though.

For me it's definitely worth it. I look much better than not wearing. The paranoia and extra effort that comes with wearing a piece is worth putting up with for me...I don't think they're small issues actually- wearing is a pain in the butt but for me easier to deal with than my bald self.

CCS I feel betrayed. I thought you were down with the head carpet brother. But honestly I don't recommend you start wearing unless you think it'll make a huge difference to your appearance and confidence- otherwise it isn't worth it.

CCS

Reaction score
Wearing DOES make me look 10x better. I don't care what anyone says, my face is a 9/10, when it is not red and when my hair looks good. Some people are just too blind to see the shape.

The reason I'm not wearing is I have a lot more hair than you do. I'd rather just get more grafts and finish that way. Getting grafts means saving money. Hard to save money when I'm spending $80 per month on hair pieces. And I just don't want to spend 20 minutes per day on my piece when I should be spending that time trying to figure out how to make more money to save up for more grafts. I really think BHT is the way to go, at least for me with my straight body hair.

I definitely recommend hair pieces for everyone else. Hell, if you are a NW2 and dense and want to lower your hairline 1/2 inch or so, get a partial. Very easy and well worth it. And you don't have to shave. If you are NW2, you could go a day without wearing and people might not notice what is different.

CCS

Reaction score
They take follicles off your body, and put them on your head. Unfortunately, most men's body hair is much more curly than their head hair, which gives a pubic look to their new BHT. It would look like a bad wig. But, if you got some straighter hairs, it can give you a good buzz cut look. Or if they are curly but you buzz them short, you can be NW1 at 1/4 inch. Pretty expensive, but your face would be framed.

My arm hair was straight enough too, but I think my forearms are hight visibility to women, in case the scars are at all noticeable. I think they'd look at every part of my body, except maybe not my calves up close. So that is why I'm going with them. They are pretty straight too, probably the second straightest hair on my body.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It really is a dilemma for nw5 and up guys like scorpiolove and myself. Do we go for the "fake" instant gratification but high maintenance of a hair system or do we save and invest in the best transplant route which is riskier, but it's your own hair and less worry. Or do we wait for the holy grail of HM, which of course may not happen in our lifetime (or soon enough in our life). I would opt for the second as I can't wait till I'm 57 to start looking younger and I don't think I can keep up with a system. If I get two strips (three if I'm lucky) I would still be dealing with see through hair. Topic would become my new crutch, but I would already feel forced to make up the density with bht. I have plenty of body hair, but I think the body hair texture would not blend well with the transplanted head hair, in which case I should probably just harvest as much bh as I can to have enough donor to give me full coverage. I would have to buzz it regularly but I would be able to wear it a little longer than I would have otherwise to keep the texture in check, but I would at least have that hair shadow on top and look even all the way around. It would be worth it though to have full coverage and a hairline again to frame my face, even if I have to keep it short- still look a hundred times better than being bald.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I seen a guy once who got a hair transplant from a norwood 6 to 3.5. He didnt look balding after the transplant. Just looked as if he had a real high hairline, didnt look bad. Uman what norwood would you get a hair transplant to?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I have a very V shaped hair line. The V dent is still very prominent on my forehead so I couldn't imagine getting a straight hairline half and inch above my widow's peak because it would look totally obvious. I would have to settle for a very diffuse nw1, considering I just go with the conventional hair transplant. Ideally I would like to sap my head donor then thicken it up with bht, but I don't know how well they would blend together.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss sucks so bad! I dont even have enough donor hair on my head to get a full healthy hair line again. I would go the body hair transplant route but those hairs are to kinky and messed up looking. I am saving up for a hair piece from a hair club because I dont want to mess up and order something on line and not have it fit me right. i have been growing my hair at the sides and back to get a right fit for a hair system. Its so expensive since im poor,my wallet and ego are ruined!

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
On the positive side of things once I get my hair system I will have it duplicated on line for cheaper once my hair system fades out, I heard they last for four to six months maximum.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I hope that works out for you Scorpio. I know you're at an advanced level of baldness and as bothered by it as I am. You are someone I have no problem rooting for. Go get yours man!

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
UMan, do BHT grow long once they get placed on your head? Or does the hair stay short the same way it is on someone's chest / legs/ etc. ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Gnu, I've heard different things. Stays the same length to can grow half and inch to an inch longer. I do think it is bs when anyone says the hair magically takes on head hair characteristics. From all of the bht results I have seen, the hair seems to be at an acceptable length and density, although I'm sure they couldn't grow their hair long. There are other factors to consider with bht. I think I will start a thread in the hair transplant section about bht and the synonymous Dr. Umar with the intention of ascertaining weather I am a good candidate or not for bht. I will have a comprehensive collection of pics of my head hair on the sides (grown out), beard, chest/stomach, arm and leg hair. I have all my head donor as well so I'll be damned if I can't get back to a solid nw1 as I am a hairy mofo. What I am really curious about would be if a doctor can do a dual head and body hair transplant and be able to seamlessly blend them together.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence Uncomfortable Man. Let me know how your bht works out,i am interested to see the results.