Nose spot since starting dutasteride, pictures

G

Warning. If you're eating, do not view.

Like I mentioned below, I have noticed this odd spot appear near the left side of my nose.

I’m not talking about the mole on the side of my face btw.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gooner_yddo/detail?.dir=/7ed2&.dnm=cc1f.jpg&.src=ph

I'm talking about the blemish near my nose. Click back to see the rest of them.

This is basically the last thing I needed. I’ve posted a couple of pictures of this strange spot that I have on the corner of my nose. I have never ever had any thing like this occur before. I pretty much have an unblemished face, so this is strange.

The spot isn’t acne. It’s not popable either. I know it isn’t acne because, like I say, without going into gory details, the spot isn’t puss filled. It's skin basically - in the form of some 'soft' wartish spot.

Does anyone know what this is?

I’m basically talking for cosmetic purposes, as having bad hair is 1 thing, having warts on the face is just horror.

I know I did not have this 3 months ago. I know that for a fact. It is noticeable, even though it may not be 100% clear to you, to me it is.

Basically, I’m at he end of my acceptance level. The last thing I need is other problems on my face.

Although I cannot be 100% certain, It’s just odd that this has come into fruition since I have been taking dutasteride. I am certain of that.

I have never had any problems with my skin or any spot since teens (8 years ago). This is noticeable from the left side of my face.

I’m sick of this to be honest. I’m starting to ask myself serious questions whether it is worth taking dutasteride at all. I just don't know.

Never in my life, have I had to get anything burned off my skin. I just have no idea what the route is, or what it is.

Bazooka cream for warts and verrucas? I don’t know what is next. You’ll say, see a doctor. Do I really need that? Is dutasteride worth taking. I’m asking myself serious questions right now.

Does anyone know what this is?

Cheers

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gunner, i think you know what most people will say in response to this. go see a derm. Its very hard to tell from that photo exactly what's going on, from the looks of it, i would say its a wart. they can burn these guys off now with basically little to no scarring. but again, go see a derm.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
go see your doctor, you will know the answer in 10 minutes

G

TynanW said:

Good idea.

Dustasteride is a joke. This isnt acceptable. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
TynanW said:

Good idea.

Dustasteride is a joke. This isnt acceptable. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

Whilst you are using Dustasteride life will go on, people, regardless of the drug, will break their legs, develop dry skin, become depressed and have red rashes over their backs, taking this drug does not make you immune to any or all medical problems. This spot may have nothing to do with Dustasteride.

G

TynanW said:
Gunner said:
TynanW said:

Good idea.

Whilst you are using Dustasteride life will go on, people, regardless of the drug, will break their legs, develop dry skin, become depressed and have red rashes over their backs, taking this drug does not make you immune to any or all medical problems. This spot may have nothing to do with Dustasteride.

Yeah, I just 'happen' to get this weird wart 3 months into dutasteride.

Nothing like this has happened before. Ever.

Jesus, this is not fun.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
Yeah, I just 'happen' to get this weird wart 3 months into dutasteride.

sh*t! I would have thought taking Dustasteride would have given you immunity from all of lifes problems....

I had a friend who would flush his toilet after he had used it and then proceed to sprint down a very long corridoor in his flat to try and get through his kitchen, across his patio and into his front room before the flush had finished (which he could clearly hear from his front room).

He did this every day for nearly 27 years, he was obsessed by the idea that something dreadful would happen to him if he didn't manage to get to his front room before the flush had stopped.

I told him he was mad, but he was fixed on this idea, his family told him he was crazy but he ignored them all, even his friends would laugh at his obsession with the toilet flush, just about everyone thought this fellow was a raving lunatic.

Then, when the world was convinced it was all in his head, on a pretty normal day disaster hit !! On his sprint through the kitchen he slipped on the tiled floor and twisted his ankle, allowing the flush to finish before he could reach the front room.

His friends may have laughed at his crazy fears, but exactly 11 years 9 months and 14 days after his failed toilet flush sprint he died !!!

Coincidence, I think not.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Go to your closest pharmacy (e.g., Boots) and buy wart removal cream. They have over-the-counter therapies for this kind of malady. Stuff that will make the wart diminish over time or that will freeze it off.

Who knows if it is related or not to dutasteride. You and you alone made the decision to self-medicate yourself with a drug off-label. And consequently, you and you alone are responsible for whatever follows.

D.

bald2thebone

Reaction score
I very much doubt it is related to dutasteride. I think it is just coincidence that it happened when it did. Go see a derm and be done with it. A lot of people get small growths like yours on their faces that aren't taking dutasteride. Good luck.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to a dermatologist or your primary care dr... from the small photo there is no way to say if it is a wart, nevus or even a malignancy. If you say it isnt popable and is new over the last 3 months and is making you worry, see a Doctor. Youre in England, right? Its a free visit for you there, isnt it? (Must be nice).

PS. Auto accidents, choking on fish bones, and other new medical problems will continue to strike dutasteride users at the same rate they strike non-users. Non- dutasteride users are at a disadvantage, as they have nothing but chance to blame bad things on.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
you and you alone are responsible for whatever follows.

D.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH" for my boy Drink Rum?!?

Gunner, go see a doctor. As soon as I saw this thread I thought to myself "oh no, what else has happened to this poor bastard?"

It may just be as skin tag. I had one once. I was a little concerned about it so I asked my Doctor. He told me what it was and that he could cut it off but I would have to make another appointment. I asked, kind of jokingly, what would happen if I just decided to saw it off with a razor blade. He just kind of looked at me oddly and said, "Well, I guess my advice would be to just disinfect the area and the razor blade first."

So, short story long, I did it. It hurt a little, yeah, but it took about 4 minutes and it was over. This was over 2 years ago and it never came back.

Now, this thing wasn't on my face and if it were I wouldn't have cut it off myself so don't you go getting any crazy ideas. The point of me telling you that is just to ease your mind that it is probably nothing to worry about and almost certainly isn't related to Dutasteride. Tell the Doctor you go to that you are concerned it may be the Dutasteride but I doubt he would know much about that anyway. Just get him to freeze or saw it off and go about your shaking and grooving with your hair loss bag.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I had a ferocious ingrown hair on my thigh once. I bought some topical antibacterial cream, a sharp blade (X-ACTO knife), hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and a few bandages. I used a lighter to heat up the blade to make sure it was sterile and cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol. I then used the hot blade to slice open the ingrown hair, letting all the puss flow out. To make sure I got all the puss, I make a few more incisions in my skin and drained the remainder. Then I drenched the area with hydrogen peroxide and applied the antibacterial cream and a bandage. End of story.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. No point in being all emotional about it. Just take care of business.

D.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Although you said it is not acne -

I still gets spots, mostly from shaving. I always rub soap around my face and leave it for a few minutes (too long will burn your skin and leave you in agony for days). It helps to dry the suckers out real quick.

You could try leaving soap on it for a bit each night and see if anything happens?