norwood 6 at 21. officially bald :( (pics inside)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont make any money

im too scared to go out and get a job looking like this

most of my money has gone to rogaine and alcohol tho over the pas few years (the money from holidays)

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yeah, that dude in the smp video looked like crap. Exodus try to keep your head up. I can't totally put myself in your shoes, but as somebody that hasn't been happy with my hair since my early 20's, I know this stuff is tough to deal with. Try to do what you can to not let life pass you by. We are only young once.

Reaction score
Man Im sorry you experienced this. This may sound kind of messed up but Im usually not phased when I see a kid with cancer, dont get me wrong I do feel bad, but it dont feel as bad as someone with male pattern baldness at such a young age. I really wish I could help you.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man Im sorry you experienced this. This may sound kind of messed up but Im usually not phased when I see a kid with cancer, dont get me wrong I do feel bad, but it dont feel as bad as someone with male pattern baldness at such a young age. I really wish I could help you.
send me money for a hair transplant LOL

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive shaved my head for most of the time ive been balding

its easier to use treatments that way

its also easier to see results

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
As you currently dont have a job, or go to college, or seem to have a big social circle to worry about mocking reactions; my advice is to get a godamm hairpiece. Reinvent yourself.
Do extensive research on hairpieces.

It will cost $$$. An option is to suck up that you will be an outcast for the next 7-8 years, go to college, get a job, save some money, move to a different city, get a hairpiece with the saved $$$ and THEN start your social life.
But for these 7-8 years, you will have to live like a monk, and amass as many skills as you possibly can which will boost your social market value.
Learn the guitar. Learn a foreign language. Learn to cook.

Life has dealt you a bad hand. You will have to work mad hard to dig yourself out of it. Or, you can continue to take it easy and prepare to be incel for life.

Reaction score
I did'nt loose my hair at 17. But I did loose allot at 19 and currently have hair of a nordwood 5a patient. So your not alone man. All i can say is just keep on thriving and working on yourself as a human being. And don't be so hard on yourself. It's true when they say "you are your own worst critic". I get pretty mad at times and do resent my parents for not taking the whole selective breeding thing too serious. Because my dad went bald at 40 so he had his chance to live it up in the sun. And all my mom's brother's are bald and had signs of balding during the time my mom made me. So yeah i get pretty bipolar about the whole situation. But honestly, I still try to go out socially and still go out to work. And have hook up with some chick's with my current condition; just not as many as my peers :doh:. Just work with what you got and you should be fine. I shave my head just like you so your not alone bro.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Always saw your posts never saw how bad the situation was. If it's anything at all at least you have a good headshape.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus2011, I admire you so much. You have experienced unforgiving severe baldness at such a young age and continue moving forward. I guarantee that nearly anyone who had to go through what you experienced at your age, they would just not bother to care about themselves anymore, but you care about yourself fully and have solid respect for yourself.

Thanks for sharing your pics, stay strong! :salut:

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bet finasteride wasn't strong enough to stop this, you should try dutasteride.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive seen these pics before but i didnt realise they were exodus

def one of the most aggressive cases ive seen

my condolences man

@Exodus2011 how do you feel now about all of this since posting this 3 years ago?

are things easier?

do you plan on getting surgery?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, the feels, i didn't know your hairloss was that agressive...you sure got a strong mind and huge balls, respect
Strength and Honor

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started balding a few months after I turned 17. Of course just like everyone else I denied it at first and rationalized it as telogen effluvium or something. But after the horseshoe pattern became more obvious i started using rogaine for a few years.

It regrew some but it wasnt strong enough. Unfortunately I was too scared to get on propecia until I turned 19, and was already a badly diffused norwood 6. I've been on it for 2 years (at 1 mg a day) and only regrew a bit. But at this stage, I'm bald already so I really regret not starting it earlier when I was 17 and diffusing pretty bad.

I'm still gonna stay on it as I have had no sides and I'm curious if I will regrow anymore past the 2 year mark. I'm strongly considering getting a hairpiece as this ordeal has been VERY hard to go through. I absolutely hate the way I look and honestly have done nothing but complete 3 online classes since I've graduated high school.

I feel like ****ing **** having to go to college already bald with all these freshmen with good hair, having to be a bald freshman, its such a horrifying thought I have been too fearful to go to a full time university.

me with a shaved head right after turning 17, when I just had some diffusing in the crown but was pretty much fine. (incandescent lighting)
2Z2FGrh.jpg

me with grown out fade trying to cover up my diffusing at 17 and a half. (incandescent lighting)
ohzMTRFl.jpg

a few pics of me now, just turning 21 with a norwood 6. (first few are 6 pm average sunlight outdoors and last few are incandescent lighting)
9ByyvpT.jpg

ffAXIwn.jpg

WOYAgc4.jpg

4Qx2NeO.jpg

I'm going to upload some pics from the back and sides as well.

With such rapid heavy balding and you being so young, you should really go on a very hard drug regimen for at least 3-6 months to see what your potential for regeneration is before even remotely considering transplants.

I would recommend:

Dutasteride
Minoxidil 5 mg twice daily
Ru58841 5-8% plus minoxidil 5% 2 ml twice daily
Cyproterone 50 mg per day or instead add topical enza/daro

A transplant will give you horrible results. A hair piece is awful to wear.

You need to know what you can regrow. Once you know, then you can figure out how to best maintain it. Eg. Topical daro, whatever.

But first is to see what you can get back by hopping on the hardest regimen you are comfortable with. Or you'll regret not trying in another 5-10 years when it is truly irreversible.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With such rapid heavy balding and you being so young, you should really go on a very hard drug regimen for at least 3-6 months to see what your potential for regeneration is before even remotely considering transplants.

I would recommend:

Dutasteride
Minoxidil 5 mg twice daily
Ru58841 5-8% plus minoxidil 5% 2 ml twice daily
Cyproterone 50 mg per day or instead add topical enza/daro

A transplant will give you horrible results. A hair piece is awful to wear.

You need to know what you can regrow. Once you know, then you can figure out how to best maintain it. Eg. Topical daro, whatever.

But first is to see what you can get back by hopping on the hardest regimen you are comfortable with. Or you'll regret not trying in another 5-10 years when it is truly irreversible.
i would get a transplant just enough for a buzzcut, like what fredthebelgian/whitepolarbear did.

i'm not comfortable with the frankenstein regime

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would get a transplant just enough for a buzzcut, like what fredthebelgian/whitepolarbear did.

i'm not comfortable with the frankenstein regime

Too bad. You're so disabled by your baldness according to what you said in this thread that you won't even work or go to school, yet you're afraid of any treatments stronger than finasteride. Unfortunately that's not a winning combo.

A transplant will look very poor for you as you will have insufficient donor density and with such aggressive baldness even your donor hair may thin further over time.