norwood 6 at 21. officially bald :( (pics inside)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started balding a few months after I turned 17. Of course just like everyone else I denied it at first and rationalized it as telogen effluvium or something. But after the horseshoe pattern became more obvious i started using rogaine for a few years.

It regrew some but it wasnt strong enough. Unfortunately I was too scared to get on propecia until I turned 19, and was already a badly diffused norwood 6. I've been on it for 2 years (at 1 mg a day) and only regrew a bit. But at this stage, I'm bald already so I really regret not starting it earlier when I was 17 and diffusing pretty bad.

I'm still gonna stay on it as I have had no sides and I'm curious if I will regrow anymore past the 2 year mark. I'm strongly considering getting a hairpiece as this ordeal has been VERY hard to go through. I absolutely hate the way I look and honestly have done nothing but complete 3 online classes since I've graduated high school.

I feel like ****ing **** having to go to college already bald with all these freshmen with good hair, having to be a bald freshman, its such a horrifying thought I have been too fearful to go to a full time university.

me with a shaved head right after turning 17, when I just had some diffusing in the crown but was pretty much fine. (incandescent lighting)
2Z2FGrh.jpg

me with grown out fade trying to cover up my diffusing at 17 and a half. (incandescent lighting)
ohzMTRFl.jpg

a few pics of me now, just turning 21 with a norwood 6. (first few are 6 pm average sunlight outdoors and last few are incandescent lighting)
9ByyvpT.jpg

ffAXIwn.jpg

WOYAgc4.jpg

4Qx2NeO.jpg

I'm going to upload some pics from the back and sides as well.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Sucks you lost your hair so young and fast.

stop dht

Established Member
Reaction score
Most agrressive hair loss ever sucks I got friends 21 with Norwood 6 unfortunately dats not rare

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i used to think i was the ONLY one with it this bad but there ARE others

its very rare tho and needless to say the last few years have been the worst years in my life

its maddening how i cud have gotten on propecia earlier and likely have saved my hair if only i had ignored the ****ing scaremongering

Reactions: Oro

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Sorry Exodus. I truly am. I hate my sorry head of hair, but your pics put things in perspective. I agree with your statement on propecia scaremongering. The thing that sucks is that many more young guys are going to suffer needlessly because of all the BS posted online. Hopefully you can grow some back so that you can pull off a good buzz hair style. Best of luck man.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the sympathies guys

by the way the i shaved my head on a #1 guard on the first pic and the last pics where im bald

also did u notice how big the difference is between a norwood 1 shaved head and a bald shaved head?

even if a norwood 1 shaves their head then they will still have FRAME to their face

if i saw the norwood 1 shaved head pic id think its a military or ganster style cut, while the bald shaved head looks "past my prime" and "old and nerdy"

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Hell yeah I could tell the difference between NW1 shaved and slick NW6. I saw a video of this guy that was slick bald and he used dermatch to fill in the balding area. It made a huge difference.

stop dht

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw guys this type of hairloss ( we call tht demirel pattern which is our former president with Norwood 79812142443) can never prevented but maybe some hairtrasplant from beard and limited donors to have Norwood 3 v

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow sucks man.
That is bad.
How's your donor, can you do a transplant?
Also don't say propecia could have saved you because it might not have or worse you could have had painful sides like me.

P.s.
Fix that ac before it hurts somebody lol

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow sucks man.
That is bad.
How's your donor, can you do a transplant?
Also don't say propecia could have saved you because it might not have or worse you could have had painful sides like me.

P.s.
Fix that ac before it hurts somebody lol
i guess my donor is average for a norwood 6. i'll post some back and side pics tomorrow when its daylight and no one here to see me take pics of my hair haha

i've been on propecia for 2 years without sides . . . . . . i wud have taken the chance anyways even if i did get sides. i'm pretty much a dead man nowadays, why the **** wud i care about it being a bit more difficult to get a boner?

and lol about the A/C. i live in a cheap *** place. not only am i bald i'm also poor as ****! :jump: (scarcasm)

yea i cant get a transplant right now anyways as i'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yeah I could tell the difference between NW1 shaved and slick NW6. I saw a video of this guy that was slick bald and he used dermatch to fill in the balding area. It made a huge difference.
yep. its kinda funny lol.

i remember in that pic how a shaved head felt good and badass even. that was the first time i had ever shaved my head and i felt MORE confident with it lol (as i had chosen to do it)

as opposed to being FORCED to shave your head when your confidence plummets instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw guys this type of hairloss ( we call tht demirel pattern which is our former president with Norwood 79812142443) can never prevented but maybe some hairtrasplant from beard and limited donors to have Norwood 3 v
i've seen diffusion being prevented for many years with propecia. i definitely wudn't have been able to keep my hair forever, but i'd bet i wud have been able to keep it for 4 or 5 years at least, which is definitely still an improvement over bald at 21.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no its fine. i wud start working out again just for the mental benefits and the increased libido

and yea i already dress decently tho, i mainly dress semi-casual, i wear striped shirts and solid color pants and such.

basically like im going to church

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's true the trend is that most of us or at least the next 2 generations will continue to find out the hard way. Treating hair loss early was and remains imperative. As outrageous as this sounds I propose that public schools incorporate hair loss/hair loss treatment awareness into it's health program(secondary ed.)educational itinerary.
Sorry Exodus. I truly am. I hate my sorry head of hair, but your pics put things in perspective. I agree with your statement on propecia scaremongering. The thing that sucks is that many more young guys are going to suffer needlessly because of all the BS posted online. Hopefully you can grow some back so that you can pull off a good buzz hair style. Best of luck man.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
As outrageous as this sounds I propose that public schools incorporate hair loss/hair loss treatment awareness into it's health program(secondary ed.)educational itinerary.

Schools should also teach their students how genetics work and how you shouldn't reproduce if you have faulty genes.

That will save the next generation from having to deal with this mess.

Prevention is the best cure.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I suppose practically speaking that's one "potentially effective" course of action, but historically( including Sparta ) selective breeding will understandably and predictably remain controversial. Education about hair loss and prevention options first and foremost may open the gate wider even globally for those whom wish to exercise what I deem as mankind's greatest inalienable right. What many recognize as our freedom of choice. l
Schools should also teach their students how genetics work and how you shouldn't reproduce if you have faulty genes.

That will save the next generation from having to deal with this mess.

Prevention is the best cure.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Or a combination of a FUE and SMP.
Of course that's his best option, but he did say he is short on cash so it's going to be a while before he can explore that avenue.

Edit:

Holy Crap that that looked horrendous JZA70, ****ing hell. Wtf....