Norwood 2A?

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly before that, do you have frontal thinning? you have a similar pattern to me when I was 19/20.

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you compare hairs in frontal third of your hair to that such as the back and sides do some appear shorted and thinner? Crown it is hard to say but it is not jumping out at me, do you have any pics of your crown from 6months or a year ago to compare to?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@Oknow, he kind of reminds me of you.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m starting to think I instead have a norwood 2A pattern (anterior). There’s not many good references on the web to really find that out so I im wondering what your assessment is.

My hairline and temples are receded, but I do not have a widows peak. My hairline does not touch the highest forehead wrinkle/crease at all. I definitely have a higher hairline and bigger forehead than normal, especially when you compare to a Norwood 1 or 2, but my temples aren’t NW3 level yet. I am 22 years old.

If you notice in the pictures, my hairline is above my highest wrinkle/crease. The photo with my hand on my head shows how little hair is visible on my head from the front view.

what do you think? View attachment 172322View attachment 172323View attachment 172324View attachment 172325View attachment 172326View attachment 172327View attachment 172328View attachment 172329View attachment 172330View attachment 172331View attachment 172332

your hairline is thinning

you have recessed temples and one side of your hairline is thinner than the other, where hairs are thinning (getting smaller) along your hairline

start treatments, maybe you can get away with non finasteride based treatments - LLLT, Zix etc

rlmpg

My Regimen
Reaction score

you have recessed temples and one side of your hairline is thinner than the other, where hairs are thinning (getting smaller) along your hairline

start treatments, maybe you can get away with non finasteride based treatments - LLLT, Zix etc
so maybe a Norwood 2 then? 2.5? Yeah i believe my right side is thinner.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
so maybe a Norwood 2 then? 2.5? Yeah i believe my right side is thinner.

you are a Norwood 2

I have similar loss come to think of it
Maybe my regime will help you , definitely has helped me maintain

The right side will get worse without treatments

rlmpg

My Regimen
Reaction score

So i have a receding hairline or maturing hairline?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a Norwood 2.5 to me, I would hop into Finasteride and Minoxidil if I were you, or you might be a NW3 in a couple years. Temples are going for the most part, and you're getting the NW3 island at the front. Not sure about the crown, and if it is a whorl or hair loss. Good news is that your density elsewhere looks pretty good, so you might get lucky and respond well to treatments or have the choice to get a transplant thanks to your density if you want to down the line.

A NW2A is something like the two pictures I've uploaded here, second one is of a NW2A progressing towards a NW3A, last one is of a NW3A to me. I say this as someone with this pattern in my family and who was probably thinning towards this pattern or diffuse thinning at the front before starting my regimen. The anterior pattern is most frequent among people of mediterranean ancestry for the most part, they tend to be good hair transplant candidates down the line.

Attachments

• peter-lanzani-antes-despues.jpg_747478663.jpg
    peter-lanzani-antes-despues.jpg_747478663.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 95
  • guillermo-francella-contrataciones-christian-manzanelli-representante-artistico-1-1.jpg-1-1.jpg
    guillermo-francella-contrataciones-christian-manzanelli-representante-artistico-1-1.jpg-1-1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 99
  • foto_0000000520140714232407-300x200.jpg
    foto_0000000520140714232407-300x200.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 100

rlmpg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a Norwood 2.5 to me, I would hop into Finasteride and Minoxidil if I were you, or you might be a NW3 in a couple years. Temples are going for the most part, and you're getting the NW3 island at the front. Not sure about the crown, and if it is a whorl or hair loss. Good news is that your density elsewhere looks pretty good, so you might get lucky and respond well to treatments or have the choice to get a transplant thanks to your density if you want to down the line.

A NW2A is something like the two pictures I've uploaded here, second one is of a NW2A progressing towards a NW3A, last one is of a NW3A to me. I say this as someone with this pattern in my family and who was probably thinning towards this pattern or diffuse thinning at the front before starting my regimen. The anterior pattern is most frequent among people of mediterranean ancestry for the most part, they tend to be good hair transplant candidates down the line.
what makes it stand out from a regular Norwood 2 to you?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what makes it stand out from a regular Norwood 2 to you?
The fact that your temples are halfway gone and that there's the beggining of an island at the front makes it a NW2.5 instead of a NW2 for me. You're at the 1987 Bruce Willis from Moonlighting stage. Compare it to the last Bruce Willis picture, where he was still a NW2.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 76
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2018-05-16-073239_10.jpg
    2018-05-16-073239_10.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 79

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I wouldn't call it a NW2A because the loss is all evenly spread out at the front in that pattern, in fact it can be hard to detect it at first because your forehead gets larger but your frontal hairline is even. You don't have the typical hair loss at the temples that curves inwards and/or towards the ears like in your case. Once it progresses to NW3A you can end up looking like this if you retain your density. A good spot for a hair transplant, but terrible hair styling wise. This is a picture of the same NW2A actor from earlier, at another stage of his hair loss and giving an interview.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 0F8.jpg
    0F8.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited: