Noob Question From A Diffuse Thinner

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am completely new to the idea of hair systems, but I like it more and more.

The catch is, I am a diffuse thinner with a hair level at NW2 level but thinning all to NW6 and I have no idea how to draw up the wig line for getting the right shape at this point in time.

Also, as far as I know you have to maintain and clean your system every week, so what I am wondering is how to tightly fit it back on your hairline, especially when your diffuse hair has grown back to some extent.

Also, would it be possible to have a toupee that does not go all the way down and shows some thinning spots on the back of your head?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi DYM

That's an awfully downbeat nick man. I hope you will consider changing it to something cheerier. Baldness is a pain, but it's not that bad.

The way to find out where your hairline should have been is to raise your eyebrows. The flat unwrinkled skin above the creases marks the edge of your scalp.

You will need to maintain your system every 7 - 14 days, and when you take it off you will buzz the stubble which has grown since the last maintenance. There is never enough growth in that time to be a problem.

You can design your hair system any size or shape you want, so you could just replace the hair at the front and leave your thinning crown as it is. I know one guy who does this (Ben Affleck does it too). It is a good way of putting off the scent anyone who might be tempted to suspect you wear a hairpiece.

Noah

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha I know man, I was horribly depressed 4 years ago when I joined. Now I can't change that name anymore I reckon.

I would like my hairline to be there where it is now (NW2) to be honest. My problem is just the density.
I currently have a shaved head so the diffuse hairloss is less notable. I fear I'd have to grow it out for a real assessment.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse sides and am going with a severe undercut. I am not sure of your circumstances (work environment), but for me, it solves a huge problem.