No wonder we feel bad when hair follows us everywhere.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
As if it isn't bad enough to lose your hair, we have to be reminded not only when we look in the mirror but everywhere we go?
The world is truly hair dominant, but I've noticed just how hair dominant it is first after I started losing my hair.
You can't escape people with full heads of hair no matter what you do, they're everywhere reminding you just how unlucky you are.
You can't even escape it if you stay inside, cause the TV is full of commercials for hair products, hair dye etc.
If you watch a TV show they almost always have perfect heads of hair and even make fun of hair loss (I've noticed this a lot lately).
If you read a magazine it is full of hair ads and tutorials for the perfect hair.
This morning I got so tired of the hair commercials on TV that I turned it off to listen to the radio instead.
Guess what was on the radio??? Nothing other than a show where 2 people bragged about their full heads of hair, an elder woman and a middle aged man.
They made fun of people with baldness especially the man who said his friends were bald and they were jealous of his hair (while laughing an evil laugh). They also made fun of men in wigs.
I turned it off, needless to say.
I guess to escape you need to lock yourself in a dark room with no electronic devices whatsoever.
It's ****ing hard to move on when hair is literally everywhere except on my head where it belongs....!!

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This world is the hell for a young hair loss sufferer. Life sucks!

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With the new ones people speak of here, I don't really understand all the wig hate. If it looks natural and undetectable, why isn't everyone wearing one? Seems like it could solve alot of problems.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fairly new.

It is relatively expensive but seems cheaper than maintenance drugs and hair transplant. I suppose I can see your point on the psychological aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I take that back. The drugs are probably cheaper after reading some posts again.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A good wig costs at least 600€ every 6 months, 1200 a year, in a few years, you reach the cost of a transplant, while still having no hair.

That's a good point. I think I was taking something HPM said as gospel about cheaper ones that last a long time.

It's a shame, though. Some look really good from what I have seen.

K

karankaran

i wish they can sew a wig to our head , just sew till they find a cure!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
i wish they can sew a wig to our head , just sew till they find a cure!

I wish they could just transplant fake hair that would never need cutting. They have a procedure for very bad cases like this but usually your body rejects it. Wipe my head bare and install perma-hair!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Weed...

Video games....

p**rn...

Must escape

REALITY!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're new here right? A wig is very expensive, it's the most expensive solution to hair loss there is. That's why all the hate, aside from the fact that it is also the most difficult solution on a psychological level.

True. +add the fact that if you're into sports you'd always have to fear that ****ing thing coming off. I couldn't trust a wig to sustain headers in football (which sometimes hit the head, although they should hit the forehead lol).

And to the original topic: yeah it's a pretty ****ed up situation if you're sitting down with friends with full heads of hair and see a hairloss related ad on tv.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
True. +add the fact that if you're into sports you'd always have to fear that ****ing thing coming off. I couldn't trust a wig to sustain headers in football (which sometimes hit the head, although they should hit the forehead lol).

And to the original topic: yeah it's a pretty ****ed up situation if you're sitting down with friends with full heads of hair and see a hairloss related ad on tv.

ALL my friends still have their hair. It sucks because I was actually the best looking one growing up and always took a lot of pride in my looks and mostly my hair.
Girls loved playing with it, now im slowly dying.
I wish I could say I was actually dying, living bald is no way to live

whymewhynow

Reaction score
ALL my friends still have their hair. It sucks because I was actually the best looking one growing up and always took a lot of pride in my looks and mostly my hair.
Girls loved playing with it, now im slowly dying.
I wish I could say I was actually dying, living bald is no way to live

I looked after myself when I was younger, I still do now. What good is it going to be? I'll look 35 when I'm 26, maybe if I'm lucky all my efforts of looking younger will make me comparable to a chain smoking alcoholic instead of a cancer patient with 10 months to live.

I hate how people think balding is some kind of equalizer, a "comeback", if you say you are healthier, "better" the trump card is always "hey at least I'm not balding"....
I saw another "healthy head of hair" advertisement on TV yesterday (they are regular), I felt sick...
Relationships are destroyed - i broke up with my girlfriend due to balding, I no longer see my friends, I am a hermit who hates the world yet sees his own irrationality which makes me hate myself even more.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked after myself when I was younger, I still do now. What good is it going to be? I'll look 35 when I'm 26, maybe if I'm lucky all my efforts of looking younger will make me comparable to a chain smoking alcoholic instead of a cancer patient with 10 months to live.

I hate how people think balding is some kind of equalizer, a "comeback", if you say you are healthier, "better" the trump card is always "hey at least I'm not balding"....
I saw another "healthy head of hair" advertisement on TV yesterday (they are regular), I felt sick...
Relationships are destroyed - i broke up with my girlfriend due to balding, I no longer see my friends, I am a hermit who hates the world yet sees his own irrationality which makes me hate myself even more.

trust me I feel ya. I used to agitate the hell out of my Ex's and even my current talking about my hair. Of course my ex's didn't have the worst because I was younger without the major issues of now, I just knew what was in store.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I hear ya. My exes hated my obsession with talking about my hair. I've been able to avoid talking about it with my current girlfriend though so I haven't drove her crazy yet haha.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea man

my current gf doesnt mind my hair loss, an i love her very much <3

even when i complain about it, she always comfort me, then holds me in her arms <3

AWWWWW, I AM NOT AN ANTISOCIAL SOULLESS VAMPIRE

I LOVE A HUMAN BEING OF THE FEMALE SPECIES

AND SHE LOVES ME BACK

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me it matters not what my GF says. I know what I want to look good and it's hair. I honestly feel way better about myself when I get flirted or hit on by a new strange girl than when my girl tries to make me feel better.
Just me though.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depends on the girl. I used to be like that Swing but my current girlfriend makes me feel like a million bucks. Not ready to lose my hair but I'm confident she would be just as crazy about me if I did.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
NOBODY GOT MY SCARCASM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

meh anyone who has a gf is a gay loser :3

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was sarcasm.....? I just thought your were really p whipped
lmfao true . . . . . . its hard to convey scarcasm over the internet my androgenic friend 0_0

man its pretty ****in awesome how we get to talk here about this. even if i hate hair loss i love how we can all congregate here with this issue and talk about it

since its so rare it wud be a lot harder to do this in the olden days, especially for the younger guys