No Luck Getting Rid Of The Itchy Scalp. What Now?

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year ago i started having a burning sensation and itchy scalp. It all started in very stressful period in my life. My hair texture has changed a lot since. My hair is thin and looks dead.

I have since been talking with a dermatologist and has tried following treatments;

1) Finasteride for whole year. Didn't help on my hair or with itchy scalp

2) Corbatasol (steroid cream). Gave some relief in the beginning but stopped working after a month.

3) Anti-histamine (didn't help whatsoever

4) All kinds of shampoos that exist (Nizoral 2%, T-gel, Regenpure etc)

5) supplements (omega-3, Borage-oil, Zinc, biotin etc)

Anyone had luck getting rid of the itch??? I am confident that as soon as I get rid of the itch I will see my hair grow back healthy and thick

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that itch is the DHT corroding your hair -- I was able to lessen it by hoping on finasteride but it still comes back every day (especially at night). I would do anything to get rid of it :(

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
that itch is the DHT corroding your hair -- I was able to lessen it by hoping on finasteride but it still comes back every day (especially at night). I would do anything to get rid of it :(
What about your hair situation? Is it better after starting finasteride?

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't understand that no one has managed to find a treatment that can remove the itch!

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about your hair situation? Is it better after starting finasteride?

crown is filling up nicely but my hairline took a big hit (around the time I started finasteride) and I have yet to recover from that.

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
crown is filling up nicely but my hairline took a big hit (around the time I started finasteride) and I have yet to recover from that.
Maybe you should add some minoxdil for the hairline. How long have you been on finasteride and when did you start seeing results?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride completely got rid of my itch, finasteride sorta helped but would come and go again. If you are not comfortable using dutasteride you could try adding ru alongside your finasteride instead.

Btw is the itch only localized to places you are thinning?

Last edited:

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should add some minoxdil for the hairline. How long have you been on finasteride and when did you start seeing results?

I tried minoxidil for ~5 weeks, I'm never touching that stuff again. It's super greasy, the liquid would drip down my face (throughout the day) thus giving me acne, dark patches underneath my eyes, wrinkles (on my forehead), heart palpitations, etc... 4 months on finasteride -- started seeing results on my crown after ~100 days

dutasteride completely got rid of my itch, finasteride sorta helped but would come and go again. If you are not comfortable using dutasteride you could try adding ru alongside your finasteride instead.

I wanna make the switch to Duta full time but I'm already getting hit by everything (as far as side effects -- minus gyno).

Correct, I only feel the itch/burning sensation around the area I'm thinning.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year ago i started having a burning sensation and itchy scalp. It all started in very stressful period in my life. My hair texture has changed a lot since. My hair is thin and looks dead.

I have since been talking with a dermatologist and has tried following treatments;

1) Finasteride for whole year. Didn't help on my hair or with itchy scalp

2) Corbatasol (steroid cream). Gave some relief in the beginning but stopped working after a month.

3) Anti-histamine (didn't help whatsoever

4) All kinds of shampoos that exist (Nizoral 2%, T-gel, Regenpure etc)

5) supplements (omega-3, Borage-oil, Zinc, biotin etc)

Anyone had luck getting rid of the itch??? I am confident that as soon as I get rid of the itch I will see my hair grow back healthy and thick
im afraid that stopping the itch doesnt mean you're gonna reverse the hair loss.
btw i would suggest fenugreek (high dosage, at least 1g of extract, or 5g of the seeds), both topical and oral.
lemme know !

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im afraid that stopping the itch doesnt mean you're gonna reverse the hair loss.
btw i would suggest fenugreek (high dosage, at least 1g of extract, or 5g of the seeds), both topical and oral.
lemme know !

i would gladly get rid of the itch even if it would not slow my hair loss at all. i am fuckin scratching my hair 24/7 (minus when i am sleeping lol)

some of my friends clearly have an hair loss as advanced as mine and i have never seen them scratching the top of their head even ONCE. at least they can go bald peacefully lol

fenugreek really helps you ?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i would gladly get rid of the itch even if it would not slow my hair loss at all. i am fuckin scratching my hair 24/7 (minus when i am sleeping lol)

some of my friends clearly have an hair loss as advanced as mine and i have never seen them scratching the top of their head even ONCE. at least they can go bald peacefully lol

fenugreek really helps you ?
For the itch? At the proper dosage yes
I'd also put it on the scalp
Tried microneedling as well?

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm thinning all over my scalp which make it worse. The thing is when I have periods without the itch my scalp feels healthier and I don't lose as much hair. I really believe that finasteride would really work for me without the itch. I'm really considering duta.

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
lemme know !
Did fenugreek help you with itch?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Along with topical zinc, yes it stopped it.
I also find microneedling very usefull

Would you think two capsule a day 610 mg x 2 : 1220 mg a day would be enough or i should try a bigger dose
Capture d’écran 2019-10-15 à 02.00.05.png

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use 0.5 mm in microneddling?
Personally im going with 1,5mm dermarolling weekly but as you know there's no consensus just the two studies, hopefully follica will tell us. As Derelict said the mechanism is unknown but seems to work for the itch (along with fenugreek)