No Hair shedding in shower but hair is still thinning?

giululo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys im confused. I used to have alot of hair shedding in the shower. It reduced to basicslly nothing for the past year. But my hair still seems to get thinner? Anyone have a clue? Im not on any regiment or anything. Anyone has similar experience? When it started 3 years ago i lost about 100 to 300 hairs in shower. This past year it reduced to somtimes 1 hair. But like i said. Hair does seem to get thinner still

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys im confused. I used to have alot of hair shedding in the shower. It reduced to basicslly nothing for the past year. But my hair still seems to get thinner? Anyone have a clue? Im not on any regiment or anything. Anyone has similar experience? When it started 3 years ago i lost about 100 to 300 hairs in shower. This past year it reduced to somtimes 1 hair. But like i said. Hair does seem to get thinner still
Had the same exact issue but I was on dutasteride and later oral min. Dutasteride and minoxidil reduced my hair fall to almost Nothing but hair kept thinning.. If you dont shed hairs it means your hair isnt growing fast enough. Its not going through the hair cycles fast enough. Remember women can lose alottt of hair but their hair stays the same thickness. Get some vitamin D 5,000iu.

giululo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. Same thing happened to me on dutasteride - hair thinned but I didn't notice increased shedding.

And minoxidil increases shedding because hair is growing fast.
Im not on anything. What could this mean? Is it good is it bad? Should i take fina? Help me guys

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's concerning to experience hair thinning even without noticeable shedding in the shower. While this doesn't rule out hair loss as the cause, it can help narrow down potential explanations. Here are some possibilities to consider:
Not all hair loss involves shedding:
  • Telogen effluvium: This temporary hair loss condition leads to increased hair shedding, but some thinning can occur with minimal noticeable shedding. It is often triggered by stress, illness, or hormonal changes.
  • Androgenetic alopecia (male/female pattern baldness): This genetic condition causes gradual thinning over time, often starting with a receding hairline or widening part in men and diffuse thinning on the scalp in women. Hair may not visibly fall out in large amounts.
  • Alopecia areata: This autoimmune condition causes patchy hair loss, which may not involve overall shedding.
  • Nutritional deficiencies: Iron, vitamin D, and biotin deficiencies can contribute to hair thinning.
  • Scalp conditions: Certain scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis can cause inflammation and hair loss without noticeable shedding.
Other factors to consider:
  • Hair breakage: Hair can break off at the root or mid-shaft, appearing as thinning without actual shedding. This can be caused by harsh styling practices, chemical treatments, or heat damage.
  • Slowing of hair growth: If your hair grows slower than usual, the overall hair density can appear thinner even without significant shedding. This might be related to aging, hormonal changes, or underlying health conditions.
What to do:
  • Consult a doctor or dermatologist: They can diagnose the cause of your hair thinning and recommend appropriate treatment. This may involve blood tests, scalp examination, and other investigations.
  • Provide details: Inform your doctor about any underlying medical conditions, medications you're taking, and hair care practices. This helps them pinpoint the cause.
  • Be patient: Diagnosing and treating hair loss can take time. Follow your doctor's recommendations and be patient for results.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Keeping hair on finasteride or dutasteride isnt a guarantee at all. I used 2.5mg dutasteride not even that worked.
Well it's good you tried it at least. It should always be the first thing in a protocol.

Have you had blood tests done?

I think finasteride has an 85-90% success rate in slowing down hair loss significantly so yes it does not work on everyone.

Topical minoxidil didn't do anything for me apart from making my already thick body hair thicker so I've stopped that.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair is thinning and you want to keep it then you must use finasteride.
Keeping hair on finasteride or dutasteride isnt a guarantee at all. I used 2.5mg dutasteride not even that
Well it's good you tried it at least. It should always be the first thing in a protocol.

Have you had blood tests done?

I think finasteride has an 85-90% success rate in slowing down hair loss significantly so yes it does not work on everyone.

Topical minoxidil didn't do anything for me apart from making my already thick body hair thicker so I've stopped that.
Im glad I tried it but im left with a permanent side effect now so not happy about that.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not the shedding that's the problem it's the miniturisation. If your hair is actively thinning it doesnt matter if you dont shed hair as the follicles are becoming thinner.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bud. Long time no see. How’s your hair? Are you still on cpa?
Hey!! Yeah it's been so long, I was affected by the email bug so couldn't post for years.. my hair is still pretty good! Yes I am I've also added RU58841 and recently dutasteride 3x a week and finasteride on the other days.