No Effective Treatment In 20 Years?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's not complicated, the reality is, there is 50 top researchers in hair research and over 50k word wide in cancer research. if it was only 500 or a thousand in hair, this would be cured already i bet.
I don't think there are just 50 top researchers. There are many more but the problem is so complicated that they couldn't come up with simple cure.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prevention treatments: Avodart, Finasteride, Breezula, RCH.

A combination of Avodart and Breezula will offer for the first time a true
anti-androgen lock for finasteride non responders.

That angle is pretty well covered.

HF tissue regeneration (Tsuji) may be possible in japan soon but I expect its going to take a longe time before it can be reachable for the masses.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope janus kinase inhibitors work for AA as well. they work wonders for other types of hairloss and the 6 month data will come out very soon. also samumed can also be added to this list. those who can tolerate dutasteride will never have to go bald. 1mg of dutasteride and 7.5% breezula would probably completely shut down androgenic activity in the scalp

Yeah even 0,5 dutasteride every day is almost unbeatable for most if catched early.

About the other stuff you mention, I find SM the most promising. I think results could be enhaced with skin disruption protocols given the mechanism of action.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
My opinion (can be totally wrong) about the current situation of Follica:

I think they are in a very particular situation. They have something that works but it is not a very profitable product because every average Joe can buy cheap old minoxidil and a dermaroller or dermastamp and have similar results. So very few people will be willing to spend thousands of dollars for in office sessions and the fancy at home device.

This is why they are investing good money doing preclinical testing for a compound that not only enhace their protocol but also something to cash in. Something that can substantially differenciate them from the cheaper option in the long run.

The more I think about the more Im convinced they will only start pivotal when they finish preclinical for this drug.

The good news is my speculation can be a total nonsense because Follica going phase 3 this year was mentioned again on their podcast (march 6) as one of the upcoming events of Puretech affiliates.
Couldn't agree more.