Nizoral

moptop

Reaction score
Nizorelle.

This may be only of interest to UK users.

I have found this information on Nizorelle shampoo which says that it is the same as 1% Nizoral. It currently available from Boots at £4.99 per 100ml bottle and comes in three varieties for dry, normal or greasy hair.

I have stopped using the stuff but for anyone who doesn't want the hassle of mail order this would seem to be OK. You won't be able to get 2% over the counter in the UK though.

I have never seen this confirmed on this site previously but if someone has already mentioned this please accept my apologies. It probably wanted to be mentioned again anyway due to the site overhaul!

http://home.intekom.com/pharm/janssen/nizorele.html

slaphead

Reaction score
Laser treatment

Hello gents!...Sorry...didn't know how to create new topic ( new to all this ). Could someone start a new topic on lazer therapy/home laser combs?...Sounds interesting, but not a lot of info on them...cheers gents

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral and minodixil

:?: Does anybody know what nizoral does for your hairloss?
Does it increase the effect of minodixil, and can that be dangerous or obviously good?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Rill -

The primary purpose of including Nizoral is to help maintain a healthy scalp. Don't be tricked into thinking any product that claims it can "maintain a healthy scalp" is as good as Nizoral however. Nizoral has some antiandrogenic properties that help appease the monsters within, and eliminate the inflammation, itching, and flaking often associated with men experiencing hair loss. The myriad of hormonal changes going on in the scalp tend to aggrivate and flare up these areas of the skin, and if *any* of this is present, your hair loss will progress much faster, and your hair loss treatment regimen will not be as effective.

The participants in the Merck conducted FDA trials for Propecia were all required to use a shampoo like Nizoral, for optimum results.

I believe it should be a part of every hair treatment regimen. It's a shampoo you can get in any grocery store shampoo aisle, near the rogaine.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nizoral is the brand name, Ketoconazole (Ketokonazole) is the active ingredient.

You can read up on a study done with Nizoral's active ingredient and its effect on hair loss treatment in our Resource Library here:

HairlossTalk Resource Library

HairLossTalk.com

G

I picked up some Nizorelle shampoo in Boots (U.K) today. I think this is the 1% kind. Is the Nizorelle shampoo as effective as the Nizoral 2%?

Also what is the nizoral cream like, does it have similar properties to the shampoo? Where can you purchase it?

willstar

Reaction score
Zimmy

zimmy,

Same here, not sure about the Nizoral 1% or 2% I have seen both in Boots (UK)?

Are you using anything else? I am considerign Propecia but no doctor I have seen in the UK can help advise on it!

cheers.

Wills.

StillNotSoBald

Reaction score
Nizoral ... help ... eliminate inflammation, itching and flaking...

I heard of people using Nizoral to overcome the oily scalp problem.
My problem is just the opposite: I think my scalp has become pretty much drier since I started using Propecia (about 1.5 months ago).
I can feel it whenever I touch the scalp and I bet it's far from the optimal condition for the hair.

I wonder if Nizoral should help, or maybe it will just make the scalp even drier.

Does anybody know the answer?

StoneCold316

Reaction score
In the information packet that came with my Propecia prescription, I read that they used T-gel in the studies. I dont deny that Nizoral is effective (I believe it is)....but i wonder why they mention T-gel??

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
StoneCold316 said:
In the information packet that came with my Propecia prescription, I read that they used T-gel in the studies. I dont deny that Nizoral is effective (I believe it is)....but i wonder why they mention T-gel??

My derm told me to use both T-gel and nizoral and alternate.(for Seb Derm) Coal tar slows down the cell turnover rate on the skin.= less flakes.

Kooky Lopez

Reaction score
oilyness

hey I've been on propecia and nizoral for over 2months. I use 2% nizoral 3 times a week. I notice especially at night my scalp is oily. also minor scaling minor though. If I'm not mistaken nizoral should help that kind of stuff. but it hasn't. I was wonder if maybe because I don't leave it in long enough or maybe this is just a tempory thing since I'm still kinda new to the treatment. Is an oily scalp going to make my hairloss worse? and should I make sure I leave3 the shampoo in longer? is 3 times a week good? or 2 ? please help me. any advice would be huge benifit. I also had bad itching for the first month of treatment nut that is not as bad now. please help. thanks for having this list too.
kooky :?

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I would not use nizoral 2% more than three times a week and if it caused your itching and flaking then I would stop using it.I use 1% every third day.I have very bad Seb Derm so have to use it.Try the 1% it does not dry your hair out like the 2%.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Kooky:

You should leave the shampoo on for about 5 minutes...give or take. That should make a difference. Normal shampoos dont matter, but if its medicated you need to give the Nizoral or T-Gel time to soak into your scalp.

Give it a shot. Lather up your hair, leave it on. Go wash the rest of you then riinse the hair.

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
You are right, I just last week started to leave it on like I have been told a thousand times before and it's helping a little. The same with T-gel.

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
you see conundrum....you seeeeeeeeeeeeee....when you listen to people, what a difference it can make :p

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Troy but what if you listen to everyone?LOL You just might stop taking minoxidil and use an amino acid instead! hehe Sorry Oxhide just had to do it. :p