Nizoral: Any cheaper alternative?

valeous

Reaction score
I currently buy a bottle of Nizoral every other month for $14. Although it is not breaking the bank or anything, it does add up when you think about paying $14 for life.

Is there a cheaper alternative? It could just be a store/website that sells nizoral at a cheaper price?

Anyone? Thaanks.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
valeous said:
I currently buy a bottle of Nizoral every other month for $14. Although it is not breaking the bank or anything, it does add up when you think about paying $14 for life.

Is there a cheaper alternative? It could just be a store/website that sells nizoral at a cheaper price?

Anyone? Thaanks.
valeous said:

Anyone? Thaanks.
valeous said:

Anyone? Thaanks.

Come on bro, $14 isn't that much money in the scheme of things. I know in Canada the smaller size retails for just under $10.

With shipping costs, I doubt you're going to beat that price, unless you buy it in bulk.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys actually think Nizoral does any good?
I've been using Nizorelle which is the 1% but.....

Nene

Reaction score
Nizoral is worthless for hair regrowth, it's value is in keeping the scalp healthy.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So reports of it having the same effects of Regaine are bollox, in other words?

Nene

Reaction score
Esprit said:
So reports of it having the same effects of Regaine are bollox, in other words?

That's my belief and I'm pretty sure most posters here would agree. I haven't seen the results of that study be duplicated. If it was really that effective, you'd hear people having success using just nizoral, this never happens. People always see results from using nizoral in conjunction with one of the proven treatments.

Nene

Reaction score
BTW, nizoral has become impossible to find here in the United States. Once a dermatologist recommended that I use T-sal. I've been using that and I don't think I'll ever go back to nizoral. It's expensive and I have serious doubts about it's efficacy. In fact I think it should be taken out of the big 3 and we should just have the big 2. Any anti-inflammatory shampoo will do the trick, T-sal, T-gel etc. Nothing special about nizoral imo.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interestingly the Nizorelle I used has been stopped by Boots in the UK, the biggest chemist chain. Always got it in any branch easily before, but something is afoot

Nene

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Interestingly the Nizorelle I used has been stopped by Boots in the UK, the biggest chemist chain. Always got it in any branch easily before, but something is afoot

So you can't find it in the UK either?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They still sell Nizoral, but the biggest pharmacy chain in the UK has stopped the Nizorelle. Doesn't make a lot of sense as it's only 1% and Nizoral is 2%. Just found the Nizorelle online from another large UK chemist, and when you click to purchase it only let's you buy it with a prescription. I've no idea what's going on with that one?

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wc ... ng%20for...

And even this link is a dead end now, It only shows Nizoral...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64232&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Shift

Established Member
Reaction score
ketozal.jpg

Ketozal - $5. Same ingredients as Nizoral 2%

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alternatives would be generic ketoconazole shampoos (I buy one of these called Ketozol in Ireland) or piroctone olamine shampoos like T-Gel or Body Shop Ginger. Piroctone Olamine doesn't have the (negligible IMO) anti-androgenetic properties of keto but it does perform better than keto in increasing thickness of your existing hair shafts.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you even use Nizoral in one month anyway? I can make mine last past the expiration date. All it takes is a dime size each time plus swap it every now and then with another hair loss shampoo.

CEDeoudes59

Reaction score
There's 3 ketoconazole shampoos that are better in my opinion
Revita, Regenepure and Perfect Image's Regrowth Shampoo
these are all scalp friendly whereas nizoral is actually a dandruff shampoo