Nizoral/ 2% Ketoconazole side effects for anti-androgen sensitive crowd

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nizoral is a weak antiandrogen. I wonder if people get side effects from it?

I am sensitive to everything that inhibits DHT or binds to receptor.

LoWS

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketokonazole tablet is lethal , but Nizoral shampoo ( 1% or 2%) doesn't go into blood that much . I saw a research where even a high % keto shampoo didn't found high levels of keto in serum.

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketokonazole tablet is lethal , but Nizoral shampoo ( 1% or 2%) doesn't go into blood that much . I saw a research where even a high % keto shampoo didn't found high levels of keto in serum.
Not lethal, but can damage your liver and kidneys.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When you say you are sensitive to everything that inhibits DHT or binds to receptor, What do you mean?

I noticed a similar thing where any attempts to inhibit DHT creates havok with my body. I just wondered if it was the same issue?

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the worst sensitivity to antiandrogens. Seriously just about everything messes me up something horrible.

But I can use Nizoral every day and it doesn't give me any sides except drying out what hair I have left. Zero systemic sides.

If I can use it, I'd be really surprised if it gave any remotely normal person side effects.

thatslin

My Regimen
Reaction score
For my experience topical approach is the safe way

Never had sides with topical dutasteride 0.1%, topical finasteride 0.025% (low dose) and topical ketoconazole 2% (liquid)

Right now I'm just testing topical ketoconazole lotion 2% 1ml ED and Ketoconazole shampoo 2% EOD

Did topical duta or finasteride help?