Nioxin Shampoo

bj10jgo

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of nioxin shampoo? I heard great things about how it increases hair thickness and even possible growth but its really expensive like $30.00 dollars a bottle. My friend had cancer and when he was going to chemo he lost most of his hair. The doctor advise him to use nioxin and it actually help . Well I bought my first supply today and let you guys know if it really works.

Xerhid

Reaction score
Please don't take this as a rude comment, but you should probably do a search through these forums before asking such a general question about such an old product.

In my opinion, Nioxin shampoo is snake oil. There has NEVER been any research that indicates Nioxin is effective at preventing hair loss or producing regrowth. In fact, I would argue that they go out of their way NOT to test their shampoo in clinical studies. The only thing you ever hear is anecdotal testimonials from "someone who knew someone" etc., which basically means little to nothing without objective analysis. If you read their claims carefully, Nioxin doesn't even purport that their products prevent long-term hair loss!

I used Nioxin shampoo for nearly ten years and yet I continued to slowly lose my hair regardless. It could possibly be good shampoo, but don't expect it to compete in any serious way with proven hair loss treatments.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with xerhid...I've never heard anyone benefiting from this stuff, and have yet to see any research or data from clinical trial from this stuff. I tried if for a few months and only noticed an increase in shedding. Look around on this site a little more to find proven treatments. To save you some time.....The three main products people have been using with success are as follows= Rogain, Propecia, and Nizoral Shampoo (We call this regimen the big 3) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news about the Nioxin man, but I just dont want you to try this stuff for a long time and be disappointed when you could have started on proven treatments and taken care of the problem at an early stage.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I went through at least 1 bottle way back when. no help.

bj10jgo

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why is this in the propecia forum? do you know how to read?

I'm not sure if I know how to read but your mom gave me a lot of private lessons so does that answer your question?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
bj10jgo said:
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why is this in the propecia forum? do you know how to read?

I'm not sure if I know how to read but your mom gave me a lot of private lessons so does that answer your question?

no it doesnt...perfect example of why kids should stay in school

bj10jgo

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm Post subject:

Then You should go back to school then.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
bj10jgo said:
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm Post subject:

Then You should go back to school then.

I graduated college with a B.S. in mechanical engineering....and with your attitude have fun getting help on these forums.

bj10jgo

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:02 am Post subject:
"I graduated college with a B.S. in mechanical engineering....and with your attitude have fun getting help on these forums"

Well that's a very good accomplishment except almost everybody in this society has a Bachelor of Science Degree which doesn't require much brain to obtain and requires only a total of 187 units. Since your going to talk about your no effort education well I do have a PhD in Physics. My attitude? Speaking of who doesn't know to read but you may want to read above what you wrote and I wasn't the one who was rude. Well everybody in this forum has been nice except for you and your life probably sucks thats why you are rude grouchy person.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
hey so then if nano is a bad shampoo

then are there any good shampoos for hair loss ?

maybe revivogen shampoo or shampoos that contain copper peptides?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
bj10jgo said:
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:02 am Post subject:
"I graduated college with a B.S. in mechanical engineering....and with your attitude have fun getting help on these forums"

Well that's a very good accomplishment except almost everybody in this society has a Bachelor of Science Degree which doesn't require much brain to obtain and requires only a total of 187 units. Since your going to talk about your no effort education well I do have a PhD in Physics. My attitude? Speaking of who doesn't know to read but you may want to read above what you wrote and I wasn't the one who was rude. Well everybody in this forum has been nice except for you and your life probably sucks thats why you are rude grouchy person.

if your SO smart...why are you posting about a shampoo in the propecia forum? lol

bj10jgo

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:39 pm Post subject:
"if your SO smart...why are you posting about a shampoo in the propecia forum? lol"

How did you graduate with your lack of common sense? Who are you anyways the Forum Police ? LMAO

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
bj10jgo said:
hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:39 pm Post subject:
"if your SO smart...why are you posting about a shampoo in the propecia forum? lol"

How did you graduate with your lack of common sense? Who are you anyways the Forum Police ? LMAO

i have no common sense? but you cant even post in the right forum? ok buddy. :roll:

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
If you guys are going to argue education, let's look at the big picture.
Only 1% of the world's population actually even HAS college degrees. If you step outside of your little sheltered society in your immediate surroundings, and stop being competitive pieces of sh*t, and get attitude re-adjustments, you would realize that there is also a significant # of people who are way younger than you who haven't even gone as far as high school yet.

You're attacking a relatively tiny number of random people who you assume fall under your ideals of what an educated person should/would sound like, and then go ahead and judge/oppress them based on silly comments made on a public forum that does NOT require much education beyond typing and clicking on a submit button, to operate.

Many posts instead of being helpful, are filled with ignorance, lashing out, hate, and other types of negatives. I'm just trying to inject a little dose of truth here. I think it's better not to have a college degree of any kind, and be a wonderful person inside-out, than a self-serving, egotistical, and selfishly driven person who needs to prove to himself or others that he's worthy of something just because of achievements or degrees or trophies or whatever. That's a despicable attitude.

It's nice to have that but if you're going to use it to belittle others,

then you are an a**h**.

As for me, yes I do have a degree. :eye roll:

I do generally agree that it does not require much brainpower especially nowadays to get one.

Idaho X

Reaction score
Who cares who has a degree or not. This is the Propecia forum - bj10jgo should post about shampoo in the Styling & Hair Care Products forum.

bald30

Reaction score
Wow I never seen this much tension in a forum before but who really cares about who has a degree or if you got a BA or PHD this a hairloss forum not a school forum. I'm not here to judge but reading the forums above it seems like hair today gone tomorrow was very rude when he said bj10jgo can't read I'm sure it was just a mistake.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol what the hell is this?

This is a hair loss forum not a flame forum.

Jesus christ can it. :freaked2: