Nickypoos's Story (19/ 2 Years Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride)

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Nickypoo's Story (22/ 3.5 Years Update Full Temple Regrowth - Duasteride)

Don't see many Dutasteride people on here, so I hope you find my progress insightful.

I take genuine Avodart 0.5mg/s every other day and I have used one bottle of Nizoral Shampoo 2% ketoconazole at the beginning of my treatment.

I do not take minoxidil or any other topical treatments.

I get my Avodart from http://www.drmpharmacy.com

I have not experienced any side effects what so ever, and I have never had a 'shed'.

Here is my hairline at age 12, always a prominent Norwood 2.

uZ7TskV.jpg

Month 4

ZyMnW4n.png

The darkened areas with small black hairs at the temples were totally miniaturised from male pattern baldness and non-visible before any treatment.

They have thickened slightly up to my natural hairline. I am optimistic in the coming months these hairs will thicken to restore a full hairline.

I hope “Avodart the hairline destroyer” myth can be put aside, Dutasteride isn't as scary as people claim in terms of side-effects or temple loss in my experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Month 5

I am now coming up to my fifth month on Dutasteride, and my hairline is still thickening rather rapidly.

I no longer feel like a balding 18 year old and I couldn't be happier.

I've grew my hair out quite long now about up to my eyes length which was impossible before due to the temples been so thin.

Still no side effects or sheds to report.

Dta1WCx.png

This is how my hair is styled.

VBm8Fid.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Month 6

It was my 19th birthday last week, and I have experienced lot's of regrowth this month.

My right temple has pretty much filled in completely and I am back to my normal hairline on this side. My left side has a little to catch up, but I'm positive it will have thicken up in time.

I have so much more hair now than this time last year, life is just so good at the moment and I just hope my hair stays this way for a long time to come!

SlojV2k.png

Month 8

Hello everyone, it seems I'm still seeing further re-growth when I thought I had peaked. Here are the month 8 progress pictures.

YDzqwcz.png

My left temple has now completely filled in. Still no side effects or shedding on 0.5mg/ every other day of genuine Avodart.

2 years - 2 months update

Hello everyone, it Has been such a long time since I was last here, as promised, I will keep everyone up to date with my results to keep some good Dutasteride information available.

So it has now been 2 years and 2 months since I took my first Dutasteride tablet, I still take 0.5mg every other day of genuine Avodart from the same pharmacy mentioned above.

I haven’t used Nizoral in about a year and a half, or any other product, just Dutasteride alone, no side-effects, sheds or anything else to report.

I hadn't noticed my hair getting any thicker, but from these pictures it seems my hair more or less has fully restored at the temples. I am no longer paranoid about my hair, or even think about it falling out anymore, I guess you could call me cured.

Thoo4EC.png

3 years - 6 months update

As promised, I will keep returning to my post every once in a while to give an update.

It has been 3 and a half years since I took my first Avodart pill, 22 years old now, where does the time fly?

I am still maintaining all the hair I had grew back, I thought there were no changes in my hair at all, but from he look of these progress picture it seems it has thickened up a little more, this is surprising because I have gotten really sloppy with my Avodart intake, I have averaged around 1 every other 3 days. Not for any particular reason I just take one when I remember.

Still no side-effects, no shedding.

Cxbqe25.png

ZByLLBj.png

My health and fitness regime has been upped even more so and I am still improving in this area, no negative experiences from the Avodart and muscle mass increasing.

So if you have any questions on my experience, Dutasteride or health & fitness I'll be more than happy to help. Thank you for reading my story, hope it is insightful for you all.

Last edited:

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: nickypoos's story (Month 4 - dutasteride)

Your situation looked pretty severe to be honest. Your recession seemed to go pretty deep. But it seems it's all working very well for you! Lots of small regrowth at the temples, so keep it up!

Saw you posting in my thread to. It's good to see someone else who's on Dutasteride as well, even though I take it just 2 x a week and fina 5 x. Has your situation gone worse though over the months of using it? Or did you shed a lot? And since when have you been seeing regrowth?

Also, what do you mean with "Dutasteride the hairline destroyer"? And whats your age, and how long are you experiencing hairloss?

Anyways, keep it up! Might wanna try to add Minoxidil in there as well. Could never hurt.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
Has your situation gone worse though over the months of using it? Or did you shed a lot? And since when have you been seeing regrowth?

Nope my hairline hasn't progressed at all, and I have never shed since taking dutasteride. I was losing loads of hair when I wasn't on meds, hardly notice a hair falling out these days. And to be honest I really can't say how long I’ve experienced re growth, I have been paying next to no attention to my hair, it covers fine and is undetectable, and the picture gives my loss no justice. I imagine the re-growth had taken place since last month, as 4 months is such a short time in terms of results, especially without minoxidil.

deadlocks said:
Also, what do you mean with "Dutasteride the hairline destroyer"? And whats your age, and how long are you experiencing hairloss?

Many people claimed the rise in testosterone from taking dutasteride has an adverse affect on the hairline and progresses it in the temples, and therefore better for the vertex, but I totally disagree. I am 18, 19 shortly and probably losing hair since 17, which is why I jumped straight onto dutasteride as I truly believed finasteride wouldn’t halt my loss at all, and didn’t fancy finding out the hard way.

How has dutasteride been for you? Sheds, sides, re growth? Let me know.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

nickypoos said:
Many people claimed the rise in testosterone from taking dutasteride has an adverse affect on the hairline and progresses it in the temples, and therefore better for the vertex, but I totally disagree. I am 18, 19 shortly and probably losing hair since 17, which is why I jumped straight onto dutasteride as I truly believed finasteride wouldn’t halt my loss at all, and didn’t fancy finding out the hard way.

How has dutasteride been for you? Sheds, sides, re growth? Let me know.

Well to be honest, today I've just only took my 5th capsule of Dutasteride. Normally, I only use Fina. If you want an opinion though, I think it's better than finasteride, or atleast I feel better by using dutasteride than finasteride. Maybe it's just physilogical.

Your right though on one thing, that finasteride wouldn't halt the loss. At least, not right away. It took a couple of months to really kick in for me as well. Though, I should've probably got on a stronger regime as well when I started. Finasteride and 2% minoxidil weren't doing too much, I think. I had some stabilisation yes, even slight regrowth but the recession continued past the little regrowth I had.

I really want to know how to make the new hairs stronger though. Been improving my diet little by little, and my 'real' hair is growing a little thicker and longer (at least, all my friends say it's a lot longer I don't see it really).

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
I really want to know how to make the new hairs stronger though. Been improving my diet little by little, and my 'real' hair is growing a little thicker and longer (at least, all my friends say it's a lot longer I don't see it really).

Same here, I'd like to add a topical to my regime after the year mark. So i can actually see the effectiveness of dutasteride alone. But I'm very sceptical about the effectiveness of any topical; I haven't seen any decent reliable results on a topical alone. The day I do is the day I will add one.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Yeah I don't believe the hairline destroyer stuff. It's either GOING to go no matter what, or someone has a severe reaction to increased testosterone.

Either way, the finasteride or dutasteride itself does not cause hairline loss.

hairandthere

Reaction score

I was on dutasteride for 8 months and my hairline and crown degraded severely over that period of time. I was on finasteride for ~18 months before that, quit finasteride for a few years and then took the dutasteride for those 8 months for what it's worth. Back to daily .5mg finasteride, daily minoxidil, eod nizoral, heavy daily dose of RU, weekly folligen, and eod spironolactone for now.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

astros148 said:
i subbed to your thread!!

ive been on finasteride for about a year and im bout to quit in 3 months and hop on .5mg of DUTA . How much do you pay for your dutasteride? has it helped in thickness at all? your hair looks like my

Sorry I never got back to you. I pay £250 for a 6month supply.
To answer your question about thickness, all my hair around my head is thick, but the temples were the only thin area of hair, and the tell-tale sign of my male pattern baldness. But the thinned hair is has now thickend up amazingly, and my hair has no sign at all of male pattern baldness when its all styled.
I'll upload some pictures either tommorow or wednesday.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Nickypoos's Story (19) Month 6 Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride

IUbball22 said:
Looks real good, man. Do you use anything other than dutasteride?

Thankyou :) and nothing but dutasteride and nizoral, but the nizoral use has been on and off, I have used two small bottles throughout the six months.

I also take MSM, not regurlarly just when I can be bothered to swallow eight large capsules! I only take this becuase I was growing my hair, I don't believe it had any impact on my results, and I have now stopped taking it as my hair is at the desired length. But it certainly does make your hair grow faster!

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

Sebastien said:
Great results man, congratulations. A question; did you change anything diet/health wise? Supplements etc?

Thankyou :). I eat McDonalds maybe twice a week and microwave meals the other days and smoke 20 cigs a day and drink heavily 2 - 3 days a week. Though in contrast to this, I work out for the good part of 4 years now, im a regular weight lifter, introduced cardio this time last year (where my hairloss progressed rapidly) and i've just stook to this ever since so i work hard to compensate my guilty pleasures.
I've taken Omega 3's regularly for around 8months, nothing to do with hairloss I just don't ever eat fish and theres loads of health benefits associated with it.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks really good in the recent pictures.Its great to hear that you dont suffer any sides from Dutasteride.In case my hairloss gets worse in the distant future and finasteride is unable to reverse it,I would certainly give dutasteride a try.