Niacin Induces Pgd2 Flush Through Dp2 Receptor. Thoughts?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking 2grams a day for several months. Works great at reducing shedding for me 90%.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Niacin works, niacinamide seems doesn't. And it supposed to be taken orally. Seen a research of topical application with no positive results.

Be happy having a flush ) That's how it works, removing PGD2. Previously was thought it generates PGD2, what is bad. But later researches have shown that Niacin "flush" it out. As a result there is less inflammation in dermal adipose tissue. And less new fibrosis. Final effect could be compared to finasteride, only without hormonal tricks.

Daily regimen (niacin, not niacinamide!):
- 1gm
- on empty stomach
- don't eat right after
- better before sleep, as it can cause sedative effects.

Here is a hypothesis, why and how it works:
How long have you been following this regimen and how have your results been

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been following this regimen and how have your results been
Ive only recently gotten to the point that Niacin makes sense. Used it before time to time (for short periods 2-3 months), but wasn't aware of proved hair-related benefits.

As I remember, it always bring good results - much less shedding. One of the non-med benefits, it's deadly cheap and easy to manage. Recently I've decided to take it on regular basis, as now i understand, probably, how it works. For me it's important to understand how things i administer work.

Not sure how it will work for aggressive balding cases, hope it also should.

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@balda isn't that a figure from study about topical effect on mouse skin?? Why do u think oral should be better?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 1 gram of niacin last night and it kicked my ***... my entire body was beet red, itchy, hot, and I had to lay down. Is 1 gram that intense for anyone else? Could it indicate something?

Maybe placebo, but I do notice more body hair sprouting in previously hairless areas, so maybe there's some benefit.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 1 gram of niacin last night and it kicked my ***... my entire body was beet red, itchy, hot, and I had to lay down. Is 1 gram that intense for anyone else? Could it indicate something?

Maybe placebo, but I do notice more body hair sprouting in previously hairless areas, so maybe there's some benefit.
Jeez, it's an effective dose, but probably not right away.
Try to start with 0.3-0.5g adding gradually. The redness (niacin flush) will be mild later. It indicates, that the body drops PGD2 out to the blood (in theory).

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@balda isn't that a figure from study about topical effect on mouse skin?? Why do u think oral should be better?
It was oral: "Twenty-eight-day-old mice were fed with niacin water for 1 and 3 weeks separately. The regression of dWAT was impaired with niacin treatment (n = 5 per group)."

ps. Seen a research saying topical applications don't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 02.28.03.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 02.28.03.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this seems especially applicable to my situation.

My diffuse thinning mostly coincided with hypothyroid symptoms/low blood circulation. It would also explain why seemingly everything I put on my scalp, regardless of vehicle, easily goes systemic. I also find it hard to draw blood even when needling at 2.0mm.

Seems like it'd be a good idea to do scalp massages during a flush to take advantage of increased vasodilation.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Charger
May i ask you about your regimen, specifically Cetirizine?
How do you administer it? And how effective do you find it?
Thanks

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Charger
May i ask you about your regimen, specifically Cetirizine?
How do you administer it? And how effective do you find it?
Thanks

I've not used it long nor been consistent. But I took gel caps and heated them up in the appropriate amount of water and put it in a dropper bottle. I find the pills have too much filler.

I have Ceti powder on the way and will try it out, but I'm not too big on using something that may lower histamine, since like dopamine, it plays a role in wakefulness and motivation. But I'll likely give it a fair shot to assess and see if I can offset any potential systemic effects with a histidine supplement if I do get them.

I was hoping for Niacin to be a good alternative for dealing with PGD2. But I'm not sure how exactly Niacin interacts with histamine, plus it increases serotonin which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Everything has a catch, I'm debating whether or not to just focus on using PGE2/PGF2a promoters and forego PGD2 inhibitors entirely until I find one that interacts with PGD2 ONLY.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is expected, I take 2 grams a day. Your body will get used to the flush. Its harmless. I was like you, now I barely notice it.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to try Niacin at 1g per day with other things (aspirin, castor oil, vitamin e, taurine, vitamin d, vitamin k2)

Do you think there is a great difference between 1g and 2g in effectiveness?

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to try Niacin at 1g per day with other things (aspirin, castor oil, vitamin e, taurine, vitamin d, vitamin k2)

Do you think there is a great difference between 1g and 2g in effectiveness?
I’m doing 1 g, and it’s deff enough. I’d be cautious— 2 mg seems like A LOT.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't there a risk to megadosing this long-term, insofar as depleting other B vitamins or throwing something out of balance?