NFL Playoffs

The Gardener

Reaction score
o59nix.gif

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you believe the Jets beat San Diego? I'm glad, since I hate the Chargers even more than I hate the Jets, but that was surprising!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
The NFC matchup is giving me a heart attack. My heart goes one way, but my brain goes another. The Saints are only favored by 4 pts, but the Viks are hot right now.

Defensively--Viks.
Offensively--Toss up.

Keys: Stopping Reggie, doubling up on AP.

As for the AFC, I'm really shocked the Jets did it. I personally don't care for the Jets, but Sanchez is kinda cool considering he's a rookie and a USC alumnus. Still, Manning's going to lay the smack down on the Jets.

I am still reeling from losing my -7 bet on the Charges on Sunday.... JC

The Gardener

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
Can you believe the Jets beat San Diego? I'm glad, since I hate the Chargers even more than I hate the Jets, but that was surprising!
I can't stand the Chargers. I've already ranted on this thread about the networks' treating San Diego as a "local team" here in LA when it comes to TV scheduling, but add to this the legion of bandwagon fans that have popped up in the last year or so and in all it just irritates me. The Chargers are the bandwagon fan team du jour here in LA and these people needed to be spanked and taught a lesson. From Gardener to Charger bandwagoners... how does my *** taste?.. LOL. I was totally pulling for the Jets. And although Sanchez is a newbie, it was great to see a fellow USC alumnus make a big play to get that TD pass to Keller and put some points on the board. Well played the Jets, you took what was handed to you and did what you needed to do to come out with the win.

Saints/Vikings - I think the Saints are going to put the hammer down on Favre. Just too many weapons on offense and defense. New Orleans has a much MUCH deeper team on both sides of the ball, and it will show. I forsee Favre being chased all around the pocket all game long, and spending lots of time on his Wrangler-wearing ***.

Jets/Colts - I wouldn't bet against Peyton Manning. Midnight will strike, and Cinderella wants her slipper back. It comes down to this... Manning's offense can score more points than the Jets can. It's just that simple. Derelle Revis be damned, I don't think the Colts will make as many mistakes and fail to make as many obvious plays as the Chargers did.

I'm seeing a Saints/Colts superbowl, and that would be a classic matchup for the ages! All in all, I think the Saints will take it. They look like the team of destiny.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I dunno about "the hammer". If the Viks play like they did on Sunday, it's going to be a tight game.

The Viks are such a well rounded team, it's really hard to say. They've got a better defensive line. Also, the Saints haven't played the Viks this season, so it's going to be different going against the No 2.

Admittedly, I like the Viks. I'm terrified of Bush. He's more unstoppable than Brees. Equally, the Saints need to be terrified of Jared Allen. He's like a super villain, and I think he'll get a couple of nasty sacks on Brees.

The Gardener

Reaction score
^^ That's hilarious. Was that the Sanchez incident where he bought a stadium hot dog and was eating it on the bench between posessions? That's classic.

Frankly, I think he shouldn't have tried to be discreet and hide it. He should have just sat there and openly ate the hot dog so everyone could see it.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It is, indeed. The most expensive hot dog ever had.

BTW, if you listen to Sanchez, he has remarked over the past year his partiality to BBQ. On more than one occasion, I've heard him talk about "grilling steaks".

Aplunk1

Reaction score
This is my suggestions for an LA Team:

the Los Angeles Titans

Titans.gif

What do you think, guys?

The Gardener

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Titans. I wouldn't even mind the Jaguars.

But, please... PLEASE... do NOT let the Rams move back!!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I can't find a reasonable bet to place on tomorrow's NFC game. It's too close and too tight, plus my emotions are mixed up in it.

So, I'm going OVER on Manning passing 272 1/2 yds tomorrow.

I also picked a safe one, that the Colts would score the first points.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:

Ooooh... too bad we couldn't have chatted in advance. I would have taken the other side of both of those bets... and we could have kept the money in the family, so to speak...

:wow:

The Gardener

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Aplunk1 said:

Ooooh... too bad we couldn't have chatted in advance. I would have taken the other side of both of those bets... and we could have kept the money in the family, so to speak...

:wow:
Looks like I would have owed you some money!!

:bravo:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's all good, baby.

I'm just a little upset about the Vikings game. Although I was working at the time, I did see Favre f*** up the last few plays. Why throw it? It was a stupid maneuver.

Ok, now that we've got a Colts/Nawleans SB, I'm going to HAVE to bet on the Saints. They're playing better.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I don't bet much during the game, anywhere between $5-$15. It makes the games more interesting for me. I don't really condone betting, but I like my system. :punk: