Next generation Nanogen fibers + Electrostatic Properties

Hairometer

Reaction score
Can't wait for the new Nanofibres to hit the US:

See the improvements here: http://nanogen.co.uk/documents/old-prod ... ibres.html

In short: bigger sizes, newly engineered container & fibre coating to make them dipolar charged.

Also this following .pdf Doctor posted on the Nanogen (UK) site elaborates on the electrostatic properties of their (and comparison with others') fibres.

I didn't understand the metallic band on its container but the following article explains it. Also, did you guys know that by shaking the container for 15s (with lid on), you can increase the electrostatic charge on the fibre by 2x thus better adhesion?

Here it is: http://nanogen.co.uk/documents/electros ... report.pdf

Enjoy.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I was never too impressed by the "electrostatic properties" claims of any hairloss concealer. I mean, you can say how "charged" the fibers are until you are blue in the face, but really, how long does a charge last once the fibers are on your hair?! Not very long I am guessing, and it is the hairspray that has the real holding power.

Don't get me wrong, I use fibers and I think they work very well for me, but let's stop all the scientific mumbo-jumbo about "electrostatic properties".

Now if Nanogen comes out with a sprayer like Toppik has, that will be something to cheer about, not some metal ring around the canister which all it is probably going to do is increase the price of the stuff.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Personally I think that these products are by far the best thing for hairloss suffers. (A product that actually works! -Well!) And even without hairspray I have no issues with using them for days at a time.

I only wish the HM companies were half as good at their development as the concealer companies are.

Hairometer

Reaction score
Now if Nanogen comes out with a sprayer like Toppik has, that will be something to cheer about, not some metal ring around the canister which all it is probably going to do is increase the price of the stuff.

The Toppik Spray Applicator is patented, I don't see how Nanogen can come out with a similar pump without infringing on the patent but I'm no patent lawyer either. I've been using Nanofibre via the Toppik Spray Applicator, I can't use any fibre the sprinkling way, ever. I even pried out the metallic band from the Nanogen container & crazy-glued it onto my Toppik container just in case it does serve some 'mystical' purposes. It's better than wasting it, right? ; )

Of course that I use hairspray too.

G

Even if the electro static claim is not true, the fact that other improvements like larger bottle size is available is great news.

I'm about to buy Nanofibers for the first time, I am wondering if I should order from the US site which doesn't seem to mention this new improvement or ordering this "new and improved" version directly from UK?

Hairometer

Reaction score
I emailed two US Nanogen vendors (whom I dealt with) and both told me that the soonest that they'd get stock of the new Nanofibres is Jan 2011.

If you reside in the US, I doubt that Nanogen.co.uk will sell to you direct. They may just refer you to their existing US distributors. But keep us posted, I would love to buy the new version too although Jan is only 1.5 months away...

s.a.f

Reaction score
My latest can of Nanogen (brought this week) was different from the usual design, I dont know if this means its the new product? Thats here in the UK BTW.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I have a lot of love for Nanogen, used it for a couple of years with very good results.

G

Hairometer said:
I emailed two US Nanogen vendors (whom I dealt with) and both told me that the soonest that they'd get stock of the new Nanofibres is Jan 2011.

If you reside in the US, I doubt that Nanogen.co.uk will sell to you direct. They may just refer you to their existing US distributors. But keep us posted, I would love to buy the new version too although Jan is only 1.5 months away...

I called Nanogen in UK and they say they could ship to me directly in Canada.

randomtask

Reaction score
I have just posted in the Toppik thread saying how amazed I am by it, I have just used it for the first time.

Now I'm even more excited by this thread!

The PDF research document that was linked in the original post shows that Nanofibres outperform Toppik and other competitors in every area of testing!

Now here is the crunch part, a lot of people will not believe that research, or claim that it is not genuine or bias etc.

Well I have a BSc Computer Science from Southampton University, completed in 2007. So I have actually met the author of this research, and know that he is 100% legit.

Looking forward to trying nanofibres!

Hairometer

Reaction score
If you like Toppik, you'll love Nanogen Nanofibre. But wait for the new Nanofibre to be released (assuming that you're in the US) as it's supposed to have been improved upon. That test was conducted on the new version as far as I can tell.

Also look into using Nanofibre w/ the Toppik Spray Applicator. I cannot use the sprinkler method regardless of brands.

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
Dipolar charged?? You can't be that with a stick. Throw in some knives and a blow job and I'm sold.