News A Hair System In Central America - Help

DisJuan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but getting old in the thinning business.
I'm 33 now, and I have been balding since 17.
To keep it quick: I've had 2 FUT transplants in USA, both delayed the inevitable for some while, but in the end just not enough donor hair and too thin to boot.
So scroll down 5 yrs, and two of the latter spent using toppik on a daily basis to try to work through a normal life, and it's just too thin to even look real anymore.
So I think it's time for a hair system.
Only problem is that I live in a central American country and I wouldn't know where to even find someone to fitin.
Through some research I think I understand mostly what I want.
I've noticed that although northwest lace, and a couple other sites are a hit more recomended on this forum, the information kit and pre-cutin hair system that hair direct offers might be the best option for someone who really doesn't have a helping hand to make molds, analyze hair color, knoting, density, base and so on and so forth.
Never the less there is one thing I'm not completely confident with hair direct for. And that is the fact that I hear they don't do knot bleaching as well as others, and my hair is a very dark brown, almost black.
Any advice would be most welcome.
I'm obviously trying to keep the exact same appearance as my current look with toppik, maybe with just a bit more realism in it.
Thanks in advance

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think Hair Direct is that bad - their products are better than a lot of salons, just not as good as some other Internet suppliers, and a bit more expensive. You also get a bit more hand-holding included in the price.

If your hair is very dark, you might consider getting a blond front put on your system, which you would dye yourself to your natural colour. That would take care of the knot problem.

DisJuan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think Hair Direct is that bad - their products are better than a lot of salons, just not as good as some other Internet suppliers, and a bit more expensive. You also get a bit more hand-holding included in the price.

If your hair is very dark, you might consider getting a blond front put on your system, which you would dye yourself to your natural colour. That would take care of the knot problem.

Thanks, very good advice. I have a webcam meeting with one of their agents on Monday, let's see what they say about it. Will keep you all posted

DisJuan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, very good advice. I have a webcam meeting with one of their agents on Monday, let's see what they say about it. Will keep you all posted

Which would you say is the best internet provider? Do you think I can have hair direct make me one and help in that regard then use it as a template to have one replicated but better and cheaper from another place?
Or do you think for first timer abroad I can make It through the whole process with the good intern provider you mentioned.
I really want the best of the best, if I have to buy two or three at the same time and mess them up in the learning process it's still cheaper than a flight. And I really don't want to wait more than a month to move on from my current hair situation.

minos2026

Reaction score
Hi Juan! Where are u from? I am from Costa Rica, my
english
sucks I know. I have found2 places here. One is as expensive as hell, why they are going to charge you 600
usd
for a 200 hair system and a bad haircut? And the other, cheaper but... the
ladie
will literally sew the hair to yourhair leftand also a pretty crappy haircut. So, I went for the do it your self direction. I bought this hair system somewhere (northwestlace), some tape and glue from amazon and talked whit this guy who has been cutting my hair for so, long. We made a few mistakes like cutting the piece a little bit to small so, while I buy another one I have to hide some bald spots on my crown, not a big deal. In just a week I learned how to remove it,cleaning it, dye it, sometimes I remove it every night. Even when is to small, I am very happy. I have a Swiss lacewhich are supposed to be fragile but I have made it suffer a lot for about 3 months and is still there