Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

ABJac

Reaction score
Ok in all seriousness, why on earth do people comment so specifically about hair shedding? Some people actually claim they know the exact numbers of hair that shed that day. Can anyone explain this to me? The guy above me claims he reduced shedding by 60%, that is an absolutely absurd estimate based on absolutely nothing. in a 24 hour period, between sleeping, showering, performing activities, touching your head, etc. You honestly think you know exactly how much hair you lose a day? a Normal male head sheds 50-100 on average and women generally shed 75-150, so that already gives you a inaccurate baseline, then throw in male pattern baldness/shedding or topical medicine and that can change the number of hairs you shed. So by claiming you know the percentage of reduced shedding is saying that you know exactly how many hairs you would shed that day naturally, how much hair you would shed on top of the natural shedding, how much of that hair you actually did shed, and exactly how many hairs less you shed do to the reduction of shedding. And to add to all of that, you would have to know exactly how many shed hairs are still anchored on the scalp and haven't been removed.

Anyone who claims to know how much hair they shed a day is a lunatic.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Exectly, and blaming one thing and then giving another thing the wining prize is hilarious, this guy is a complete lunatic

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok in all seriousness, why on earth do people comment so specifically about hair shedding? Some people actually claim they know the exact numbers of hair that shed that day. Can anyone explain this to me? The guy above me claims he reduced shedding by 60%, that is an absolutely absurd estimate based on absolutely nothing. in a 24 hour period, between sleeping, showering, performing activities, touching your head, etc. You honestly think you know exactly how much hair you lose a day? a Normal male head sheds 50-100 on average and women generally shed 75-150, so that already gives you a inaccurate baseline, then throw in male pattern baldness/shedding or topical medicine and that can change the number of hairs you shed. So by claiming you know the percentage of reduced shedding is saying that you know exactly how many hairs you would shed that day naturally, how much hair you would shed on top of the natural shedding, how much of that hair you actually did shed, and exactly how many hairs less you shed do to the reduction of shedding. And to add to all of that, you would have to know exactly how many shed hairs are still anchored on the scalp and haven't been removed.

Anyone who claims to know how much hair they shed a day is a lunatic.

Let me just tell you one thing smart guy, ITS MY BODY. What i do with it is beyond your reach and your theories. Before evertime i showered i shed a huge amount of hair, a huge, a handfull i can tell you its much more less now . Yes its true we shed a lot of hair daily and this is something i forgot to add to my comment. Before i used have a lot hairs in t shirts, on my shoulders, on my bed , on my clothes etc. That is much less to, The results are true smart guy , i checked up on them I wont lie to my self, if you are sceptical i suggest you try it . This may not be the official cure but it works better than talking smack and gain nothing like you guys too. I dont get overexcited with the results , everything takes its time, its better now and many hairs are growing, i guess its after 3 months they maybe will be normal hair because hair follicle cycles. Im trying something and posting good results of it, you come here and complain about something you havent tried and know. Whos the real lunatic here? and btw beingbaldsuckass your the most useless forum poster ever, all you ever do is just explain how much hair loss has depressed you and how hard your life is, you live in the militairy camp right? yet your the biggest cry baby ive seen.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I don't live in a military camp but anyway, unless you post some pics before and after that means nothing, you cant decide based one lame shower that it's working, it's a matter of results= hair on your head.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
its not just lame shower i have other factors too, i wont post pics im sure no matter what i do you guys wont believe it. But it doesnt matter i can see results myself and thats the most important. That wasnt what i read, its said you lived something near military or a refugee camp or something , dont you work or something? you spend here more time than any of us?. Or cant they find a job for you since you complain all the time?

ABJac

Reaction score
its not just lame shower i have other factors too, i wont post pics im sure no matter what i do you guys wont believe it. But it doesnt matter i can see results myself and thats the most important. That wasnt what i read, its said you lived something near military or a refugee camp or something , dont you work or something? you spend here more time than any of us?. Or cant they find a job for you since you complain all the time?

Im not calling you out specifically relax. All I am saying is.. I wouldn't invest to much time into calculating hair shedding to determine results, at the end of the day there is no way in hell you can get an accurate read of how much hair you shed. Instead you should be following a regimen and forgetting about whats happening to your hair, trying to count every hair you lose will only stress you out and make the problem worse. I hope you are getting good results, wasn't trying to burst your bubble, I just think its crazy to make such exact quotes about hair shedding. A lot of people do it.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not calling you out specifically relax. All I am saying is.. I wouldn't invest to much time into calculating hair shedding to determine results, at the end of the day there is no way in hell you can get an accurate read of how much hair you shed. Instead you should be following a regimen and forgetting about whats happening to your hair, trying to count every hair you lose will only stress you out and make the problem worse. I hope you are getting good results, wasn't trying to burst your bubble, I just think its crazy to make such exact quotes about hair shedding. A lot of people do it.

Thanks for a good way of telling your opinion. Im still loosing the normal amount in the back of the head, but the hairline is much less, when comb over or touch it before it was a huge amount of shedding. As you say its impossible to count all the hairs that fall out to get a real scientific result, and it will take a hell a lot of time to..but i feel like this is working im not overexcited with this. My hairline hasnt improved and its still receeding a little further. Because i tried propecia.. it didnt stop my huge amount of shedding, minoxidil it self didnt too. Hell i was even stupid enough to try nisim and it didnt. I tried taking oral cetirizine which made shedding worse. Now that i tried this regimen it is actually less than before i feel. Maybe not statisticly 60% but its much better than before. Im gonna make a profile on german forums and try to communicate with the cetirizine users what they feel about this. A lot of small hairs has grown from the places i didnt have hair. I feel kinda happy something is causing goodness than the harm i had before. Im sorry to misunderstand you. I hope this really works so we enjoy our lives and dont stay on these forums any longer to look for information anymore.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The vascular endothelium secretes nitric oxide (NO), the most
important known endogenous vasodilator (1), which further
protects the vessel wall by inhibiting platelet aggregation

This is why Minoxidil works.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone try adding thyme oil to minoxidil and used it consistently for 2-3 months? Bernie @ HS had impressive before/after pics but he was on the big three with thyme oil + some other stuff.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone try adding thyme oil to minoxidil and used it consistently for 2-3 months? Bernie @ HS had impressive before/after pics but he was on the big three with thyme oil + some other stuff.

Born.. Do you have a link for HS ?? Carvacrol is the magic ingredient in Thyme oil BTW. Thyme smell hard core. Oregano oil should be a better candidate for hairloss.

In vitro anti-inflammatory activity of carvacrol: Inhibitory effect on COX-2 catalyzed prostaglandin E(2) biosynthesis.

Landa P, Kokoska L, Pribylova M, Vanek T, Marsik P.
Source

Joint Laboratory of Institute of Experimental Botany AS CR, Prague 6 - Lysolaje, Czech Republic.

Abstract

Possible anti-inflammatory effect of carvacrol was evaluated by in vitro cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) assay. Carvacrol inhibited production of prostaglandin E(2) catalysed by COX-2 with an IC(50) value of 0.8 microM what is practically the same concentration as the IC(50) obtained for the standard inhibitors indomethacin and NS-398 with values of 0.7 microM and 0.8 microM, respectively. The COX-1 was inhibited approximately at the same rate (IC(50) of 0.7 microM for carvacrol), which suggests non-selective inhibition of both enzyme isoforms. The results of the study demonstrate possible anti-inflammatory potential of this compound due to the inhibition of inducible COX-2 isoform.

Carvacrol, a component of thyme oil, activates PPARalpha and gamma and suppresses COX-2 expression.

Hotta M, Nakata R, Katsukawa M, Hori K, Takahashi S, Inoue H.
Source

Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Nara Women's University Nara 630-8506 Japan.
Abstract

Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), the rate-limiting enzyme in prostaglandin biosynthesis, plays a key role in inflammation and circulatory homeostasis. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) are ligand-dependent transcription factors belonging to the nuclear receptor superfamily and are involved in the control of COX-2 expression, and vice versa. Here, we show that COX-2 promoter activity was suppressed by essential oils derived from thyme, clove, rose, eucalyptus, fennel, and bergamot in cell-based transfection assays using bovine arterial endothelial cells. Moreover, from thyme oil, we identified carvacrol as a major component of the suppressor of COX-2 expression and an activator of PPARalpha and gamma. PPARgamma-dependent suppression of COX-2 promoter activity was observed in response to carvacrol treatment. In human macrophage-like U937 cells, carvacrol suppressed lipopolysaccharide-induced COX-2 mRNA and protein expression, suggesting that carvacrol regulates COX-2 expression through its agonistic effect on PPARgamma. These results may be important in understanding the antiinflammatory and antilifestyle-related disease properties of carvacrol.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
2020 where the **** are you? Balding by yourself?:devil:

- - - Updated - - -

Exectly, and blaming one thing and then giving another thing the wining prize is hilarious, this guy is a complete lunatic

Why don't you try it yourself instead of bitching on pro active people on this forum that go out and try stuff? Sick of seeing your big face bitching on every post.. LMAO Change your avatar.. that would be a good start hahahaha!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that claim that it causes hair loss, and i even expirienced it myself. To call it bull**** will be false. I dont think its a rare side effect, its a very common side effect between cetirizine users. Its not like causing mbp its just causes a huge amount of shedding.

Shedding is typically seen as a good sign when using finasteride or minoxidil, perhaps this reported hairloss, or shedding is the beginning of regrowth in the same way?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have been reading this thread and can't find any testimonials on the effects of applying TOPICAL Ceterizine. It seems like either no one reports back, or someone claims it doesn't work because they've been dropping Zyrtec for ages and are still balding.... I mixed some Cet with water yesterday but I'm weary of testing this out, especially if it causes a trivial "shedding". I find it baffling when people destroy their hair with experimentals, yet claim positive results due to some microscopic velus hair forming above their eyebrows.... Does anyone have anything substantive to say about topical cetirizine?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
See my thread under "Alternative treatments". I just posted new pics. Right now I'd say it works but I'm only 5 weeks in. The real test is 4-6 months because that is when all my previous treatments have really been noticeable. I think most guys have been on it 6 months or less so no one has any real results yet.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have been reading this thread and can't find any testimonials on the effects of applying TOPICAL Ceterizine. It seems like either no one reports back, or someone claims it doesn't work because they've been dropping Zyrtec for ages and are still balding.... I mixed some Cet with water yesterday but I'm weary of testing this out, especially if it causes a trivial "shedding". I find it baffling when people destroy their hair with experimentals, yet claim positive results due to some microscopic velus hair forming above their eyebrows.... Does anyone have anything substantive to say about topical cetirizine?

No one said vellous hairs, mine are sort of like my arm hair color, length, density, and thickness wise. Also I didn't shed(was referring to others who mentioned it). They are like proto terminal hairs, just getting long slower than normal hairs, but the same as terminal in all other regards. My new update on my results is that some are actually getting longer now as well, sort of in a pattern sense.

For instance about a half inch wide area all the way to my widows peak on both sides that didnt get longer, now does. The hairs about a half inch under that are now the the point the previous half inch was before.... so on and so forth all the way to a nw0 pattern.

You should practice better reading on the forums so you don't misread people's posts.

Dennis Bergkamp

Reaction score
I too said I was growing hairs. Thousands in between my terminal hairs, small, but not vellus. They grow slower, a lot slower but it is becoming denser in areas where i lost it most recently, crown and top of the head. it seems to be reversing the clock (slowly) in the same (although inverse) pattern.

I can categorically say state that sebaceous hyperplasia is resolved with topical citrizine. MY scalp is clean and dry. I used to use Nizoral twice daily and this still couldn't resolve this, but Citrizine certainly has.

if only i could turbo charge, i would be happy.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty promising. Are you both applying directly and straight onto the existing hairs? and do you feel different at all? I suppose you put it on before bed so you wouldn't really know but any fatigue, chills, etc? I would read the posts more carefully if my brain hadn't stopped developing the 5 years I was on finasteride...

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I too said I was growing hairs. Thousands in between my terminal hairs, small, but not vellus. They grow slower, a lot slower but it is becoming denser in areas where i lost it most recently, crown and top of the head. it seems to be reversing the clock (slowly) in the same (although inverse) pattern.

I can categorically say state that sebaceous hyperplasia is resolved with topical citrizine. MY scalp is clean and dry. I used to use Nizoral twice daily and this still couldn't resolve this, but Citrizine certainly has.

if only i could turbo charge, i would be happy.

I believe that blocking pgd2 will only make the resting "hairs " grow again. That is what i been expiriencing with this.. it makes a many hairs you didnt see before pop out again.. but still we need a turbo charger to make this hair grow fast and it should. And that really has to be our good friend PGE

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I must be honest...It is way to hard to follow this topic...anyway, could someone tell me in a few words if this treatment dicussed here is working or not? I mean not just grow vellus hair...thanks!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I must be honest...It is way to hard to follow this topic...anyway, could someone tell me in a few words if this treatment dicussed here is working or not? I mean not just grow vellus hair...thanks!

In a few words, I believe that, yes this treatment combined with other treatments will work, for enhanced regrowth above and beyond what you would expect from just the "big three" alone.

This product alone, I cannot say as I am on other treatments simultaneously.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds pretty promising. Are you both applying directly and straight onto the existing hairs? and do you feel different at all? I suppose you put it on before bed so you wouldn't really know but any fatigue, chills, etc? I would read the posts more carefully if my brain hadn't stopped developing the 5 years I was on finasteride...

Firstly, I apologize for my comment. I did not mean to be rude or condescending. I know the stress of this situation we all face, and I am sorry.

About the treatment, I simply take(eat) the pills normally(only 10mg/day even). Some say it has no effect that way, but I don't know many who are on the big three and taking the CIT every night for extended periods of time. Others apply the CIT directly to the area they wish to thicken ect, and I have read even more promising results than my own when used in this manner. My own results are rather breath taking to me, as I had resigned myself to simply sustaining my existing hair as I had been on the big three for over a year now. I have now after around 3 months of CIT, had remarkable regrowth.

If I take the CIT during the day I feel very drowsy, so I take it before sleep, and feel no different than before.

A note though. I do not think CIT alone will do the trick, I feel as of now it is only really good as a growth stimulant used alongside another successful regimen for additional regrowth.