Newbie In Weybridge Uk...consultation Booked

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m 41 with male pattern balding at the temples as well as thinning on top. Decided I have nothing to lose by trying out a hair piece system to see if it will work for me.

I am based in Surrey in the UK and was deciding between Men’s Hair 2 Go and Total Cover Plus. In the end decided to book with Mens Hair 2 Go. Since it will be my first time I wanted a professional template etc.

Very nervous about it all in case I really don’t like the finished product and am then stuck with a shaved head for a few weeks.

If any body has any experiences of their own to share with Men’s Hair 2 Go it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Craig

I don't usually comment on individual suppliers on the public board, but I think you made the right choice there. As you say, the maximum downside if you don't like it is you will have a shaved head for a few weeks. But if you do like you can have 40+ years of good-looking hair and unlimited attention from beautiful women. Actually I lied about that second bit.

Best of luck with the project, and let us know how you get on.

Noah

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hi Craig

I don't usually comment on individual suppliers on the public board, but I think you made the right choice there. As you say, the maximum downside if you don't like it is you will have a shaved head for a few weeks. But if you do like you can have 40+ years of good-looking hair and unlimited attention from beautiful women. Actually I lied about that second bit.

Best of luck with the project, and let us know how you get on.

Noah
Thanks a ton Noah. Really appreciate the feedback. I have noticed people generally don’t talk about suppliers on here and that can make it difficult to choose one :)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Craig

I use TCP and hated it at first but learned how best to make it work for me. Actually I'm still learning, but I really like it now (except in really hot weather recently!). Have been wearing a year now and only been through 2 hair systems in that time. Have ordered a custom one for my next one.

The reason I didn't like it initially was because it was just WAY too much hair. I went and got it cut and thinned out and then I loved it. SO I guess that could be a problem anywhere u go.

And UTS is very easy to maintain. I learned to fully maintain my system within at home a few weeks. I pretty much just use Fairy liquid and glue :D

I'm a bit older than you. If I could give you some advise it would be to go for a realistic template, which might mean a slightly receding hairline and a low density. And my personal preference is not to have really short hair on the sides... longer hair (as in half inch or one inch) on the sides helps to blend the hair system in better.

I'm near Staines so not far from you. I'd love to hear how you get on, especially if you use MH2G, because I'd also consider trying them next if they are local enough.

Which MH2G will you be visiting?

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hi Craig

I use TCP and hated it at first but learned how best to make it work for me. Actually I'm still learning, but I really like it now (except in really hot weather recently!). Have been wearing a year now and only been through 2 hair systems in that time. Have ordered a custom one for my next one.

The reason I didn't like it initially was because it was just WAY too much hair. I went and got it cut and thinned out and then I loved it. SO I guess that could be a problem anywhere u go.

And UTS is very easy to maintain. I learned to fully maintain my system within at home a few weeks. I pretty much just use Fairy liquid and glue :D

I'm a bit older than you. If I could give you some advise it would be to go for a realistic template, which might mean a slightly receding hairline and a low density. And my personal preference is not to have really short hair on the sides... longer hair (as in half inch or one inch) on the sides helps to blend the hair system in better.

I'm near Staines so not far from you. I'd love to hear how you get on, especially if you use MH2G, because I'd also consider trying them next if they are local enough.

Which MH2G will you be visiting?
Hi DD,

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. The only MH2G I know of is based in London in Whitechapel.

My concern about UTS is that it doesn’t seem as though it is very breathable. I have oily skin so need something that breathes. Also want to be able to maintain it myself.

Your comment about the density of the TCP hair systems seems fairly common. Can you order a custom system from TCP or only ready made?

Thanks
Craig

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Craig

UTS isn't breathable but it's normally very light and I cannot feel it on my head, except in really hot weather (like last week in UK). It's not itchy, which I believe lace can be.

I hear a lot about lace being cumbersome and time consuming to maintain at home (the "slide" method, having to soak it in a solvent for hours, having to clean glue off the hair when it seeps through etc). BUT I still want to try lace at some point, or maybe a poly perimeter with lace front, and that's where I would consider someone like MH2G.

TCP stock density is only at 80%, 90% or 100% … all of which are too high for our age group. They do custom fits too (they make a mould and colour match etc) and that is what I am going for next. I will try 70% next and then drop to 60% on the next one.

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hi Craig

UTS isn't breathable but it's normally very light and I cannot feel it on my head, except in really hot weather (like last week in UK). It's not itchy, which I believe lace can be.

I hear a lot about lace being cumbersome and time consuming to maintain at home (the "slide" method, having to soak it in a solvent for hours, having to clean glue off the hair when it seeps through etc). BUT I still want to try lace at some point, or maybe a poly perimeter with lace front, and that's where I would consider someone like MH2G.

TCP stock density is only at 80%, 90% or 100% … all of which are too high for our age group. They do custom fits too (they make a mould and colour match etc) and that is what I am going for next. I will try 70% next and then drop to 60% on the next one.
Thanks for the info. Certainly food for thought. Let me know how it goes.

pferr

Reaction score
Hey Craig!

I had my consultation with MH2G and am going back to fit my unit the day before my birthday on 08 August. I was impressed with their service and felt like I was in good hands.

Ill let you know how it goes and will probably also post something on the forum anyway. I had been contemplating a system for years before taking th plunge and looked at many different suppliers. TCP was one of the ones I had researched into and always got the feeling they looked very wiggy! I had looked at other suppliers and MH2G always topped my list so I felt confident in choosing them.

Regards

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hey Craig!

I had my consultation with MH2G and am going back to fit my unit the day before my birthday on 08 August. I was impressed with their service and felt like I was in good hands.

Ill let you know how it goes and will probably also post something on the forum anyway. I had been contemplating a system for years before taking th plunge and looked at many different suppliers. TCP was one of the ones I had researched into and always got the feeling they looked very wiggy! I had looked at other suppliers and MH2G always topped my list so I felt confident in choosing them.

Regards
That’s great news. Please do keep me updated. Would be awesome to have your feedback.